|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
2. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) His job requires him to be there daily
(b) The director has ordered him to go there
(c) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(d) Lenina requests to go there
3. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Shot him in the shoulder
(b) Stabbed him in the stomach
(c) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(d) Killed him
4. What are the Suggestions from the State?
(a) The greatest moralizing and socializing force
(b) The class onsciousness
(c) The suggestions whispered under every pillow
(d) The caste system
5. What is the purpose of the games according to the Director?
(a) Increase consumption
(b) Decrease consumption
(c) Decrease conservation
(d) Increase conservation
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
2. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
3. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
5. Who fathered John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
2. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
3. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
4. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
5. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
6. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
7. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
8. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
9. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
10. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)