|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
2. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(d) Play games
3. Where does the director indicate he will send Bernard if there are more complaints about him?
(a) Santa Fe
(d) North pole
4. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
(a) Embryo room
(b) Fertilizing room
(c) Infants room
(d) Director's office
5. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
2. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
3. What does Bernard do during the night?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
5. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
2. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
3. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
4. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
5. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
6. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
7. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
8. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
9. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
10. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)