|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sexophonists sound like?
(a) Saxophones wailing
(b) People singing
(c) Moaning cats
(d) Dogs howling
2. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
3. What type of play does one boy, who will now have to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology, refuse to do?
(a) Join in the appropriate class
(b) Join in the game of centrifugal bumble-puppy
(c) Join in ordinary erotic play
(d) Join in the hypnopaedia
4. What prevents people in the civilization from having children?
(a) Abortion centre
(b) Malthusian drill
(c) Other place
5. How does Linda feel about seeing Lenina?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
2. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
4. What are the Suggestions from the State?
5. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
2. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
3. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
4. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
5. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
6. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
7. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
8. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
9. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
10. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)