|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 23 years
(b) 125 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 214 years
2. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(a) Peace of consummation
(d) Emptier than ever
3. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
4. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Resident controller for Western Europe
(b) Bottling controller
(c) Pregnancy substitute
5. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Killed him
(b) Shot him in the shoulder
(c) Stabbed him in the stomach
(d) Stabbed him in the shoulder
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
2. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
3. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
4. Which of the following groups of people are not divided into about seventy-two identical embryos?
5. What worried Lenina when she was in Bernard's room with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
2. What does Bernard begin to point out to those that will listen?
3. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
4. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
5. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
6. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
7. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
8. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
9. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
10. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)