|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
(a) The other place
(b) Linda's hut
(c) The rest house
(d) World Controller's Office
2. The process of an egg's normal growth is checked with X-rays, cold, and alcohol it is called?
(a) Arrested development
(c) Bokanovsky's process
3. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
(c) Older people
4. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) His job requires him to be there daily
(b) The director has ordered him to go there
(c) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(d) Lenina requests to go there
5. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
(d) World controller's office
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
2. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
3. What is the purpose of the games according to the Director?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
5. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
2. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
3. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
4. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
5. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
6. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
7. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
8. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
9. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
10. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)