|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Controller say that 'Our Ford' called himself whenever he was speaking of psychology?
(a) Our Freud
(b) Our Ford
(c) Our Father
(d) Our Psychologist
2. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
3. How does Linda feel about seeing Lenina?
4. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
(a) The rest house
(b) The other place
(c) World Controller's Office
(d) Linda's hut
5. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
2. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
3. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
4. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
5. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
2. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
3. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
4. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
5. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
6. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
7. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
8. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
9. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
10. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)