|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
(a) Bright books alone
(b) Rose petals and bright books
(c) Rose petals alone
(d) Whistles and rose petals
2. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Fanny Crowne
(c) Lenina Crowne
(d) Mustapha Mond
3. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
4. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(b) Emotional engineer
(c) Highly intelligent
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
2. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
3. What does the leader of the dance get from the chest and throw from person to person?
4. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
5. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
2. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
3. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
4. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
5. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
6. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
7. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
8. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
9. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
10. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)