|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
2. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
(a) Sign of a cross
(b) Sign of a T
(c) Sign of an H
(d) Sign of an F
3. What does the leader of the dance get from the chest and throw from person to person?
4. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
5. What indicates the change of shifts?
(a) 4000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(b) 2000 electric clocks and voices calling
(c) 4000 electric clocks and voices calling
(d) 2000 voices calling and some electric clocks
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
2. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
3. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
4. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
5. What does Bernard do during the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
2. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
3. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
4. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
5. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
6. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
7. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
8. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
9. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
10. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)