|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents people in the civilization from having children?
(a) Malthusian drill
(b) Abortion centre
(d) Other place
2. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
3. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(b) Rabble of children
(c) Obscene relationships
(d) Stifling rooms
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
(a) He leaves and plans to return later
(b) He sits and waits for her to wake up
(c) He uses a rock to break the window
(d) He knocks louder to awaken her
5. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
(a) She is of the appropriate age
(b) She wants a child of her own
(c) She is past the age of needing to complete one
(d) She has been feeling out of sorts lately
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
2. Where does this story take place?
3. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
4. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
5. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
2. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
3. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
4. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
5. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
6. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
7. Describe how Lenina feels when she leaves the party with the Arch-community-songster.
8. Describe why Bernard blames John for his feelings.
9. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
10. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)