|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(b) Trip to the north pole
(c) Savage reservation visit
(d) DHC tour
2. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
(c) Cold tortillas
3. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
(a) Sign of a T
(b) Sign of a cross
(c) Sign of an F
(d) Sign of an H
4. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
5. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
3. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
4. What game are the children playing when he takes his tour group outside?
5. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
2. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
3. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
4. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
5. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
6. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
7. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
8. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
9. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
10. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)