|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
(b) In love
2. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
(a) Mustapha Mond
(c) Henry Foster
(d) Our Ford
3. What does Bernard do during the night?
(a) Formulates his plan
(b) Zones out on soma
(c) Leaves in the helicopter
4. What does the leader of the dance get from the chest and throw from person to person?
5. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
2. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
3. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
4. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
2. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
3. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
4. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
5. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
6. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
7. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
8. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
9. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
10. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)