|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) Lenina requests to go there
(b) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(c) The director has ordered him to go there
(d) His job requires him to be there daily
2. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Nothing to say and no power to say it
(b) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
(c) Something to say but no power to say it
(d) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
3. What does the leader of the dance get from the chest and throw from person to person?
4. What is the purpose of the games according to the Director?
(a) Decrease consumption
(b) Decrease conservation
(c) Increase conservation
(d) Increase consumption
5. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
(b) Director's Office
(c) New World
(d) World Controller's Office
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
2. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
3. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
4. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
5. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
2. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
3. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
4. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
5. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
6. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
7. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
8. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
9. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
10. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)