|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(b) Shot him in the shoulder
(c) Killed him
(d) Stabbed him in the stomach
2. What does Bernard do during the night?
(a) Leaves in the helicopter
(c) Formulates his plan
(d) Zones out on soma
3. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Director's office
(c) Embryo room
(d) Infants room
4. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(b) Bottling controller
(c) Resident controller for Western Europe
5. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does one boy, who will now have to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology, refuse to do?
2. What happened to the girl that John loved?
3. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
4. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
5. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
2. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
3. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
4. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
5. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
6. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
7. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
8. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
9. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
10. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)