|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Director of Hatching and Conditions
(b) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
(c) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
(d) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
2. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(a) Savage reservation visit
(c) Trip to the north pole
(d) DHC tour
3. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
(a) She is of the appropriate age
(b) She has been feeling out of sorts lately
(c) She wants a child of her own
(d) She is past the age of needing to complete one
4. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
(a) Sign of an F
(b) Sign of an H
(c) Sign of a T
(d) Sign of a cross
5. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(b) Play games
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
2. What does Bernard do during the night?
3. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
4. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
5. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
2. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
3. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
4. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
5. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
6. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
7. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
8. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
9. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
10. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)