|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
2. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
(a) Rose petals alone
(b) Rose petals and bright books
(c) Whistles and rose petals
(d) Bright books alone
3. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(a) Emptier than ever
(b) Peace of consummation
4. What is soma?
(b) Hallucinogenic drug
5. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
2. Which of the following groups of people are not divided into about seventy-two identical embryos?
3. What has isolated Helmholtz?
4. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
5. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
2. What adjectives did John use to identify with Pope?
3. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
4. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
5. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
6. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
7. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
8. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
9. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
10. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)