|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 214 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 125 years
(d) 23 years
2. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Cliff with a steep wall
(c) Deep valley
(d) Mountain range
3. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(b) Emptier than ever
(c) Peace of consummation
4. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
5. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
2. Which room is located on the ground floor?
3. The process of an egg's normal growth is checked with X-rays, cold, and alcohol it is called?
4. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
5. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
2. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
3. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
4. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
5. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
6. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
7. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
8. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
9. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
10. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)