|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's mother smell like to Lenina?
2. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
3. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
(a) He leaves and plans to return later
(b) He knocks louder to awaken her
(c) He uses a rock to break the window
(d) He sits and waits for her to wake up
4. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
(a) The other place
(b) World Controller's Office
(c) Linda's hut
(d) The rest house
5. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(b) Savage reservation visit
(c) DHC tour
(d) Trip to the north pole
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda tell John the difference is between mescal and soma?
2. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
3. What happened to the girl that John loved?
4. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
5. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
2. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
3. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
4. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
5. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
6. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
7. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
8. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
9. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
10. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)