|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
(c) Individual thought
2. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
(a) 4 weeks
(b) 4 years
(c) 4 months
(d) 4 days
3. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) The Tempest
(c) Romeo and Juliet
4. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(a) Play games
5. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Create utopia
(b) Decrease the population
(c) Stabilize the population
(d) Increase the number of men
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
2. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
3. Which of the following is the result of the second lever thrown as the infants touch the materials put out by the nurses?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of people?
5. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What horrifies Lenina about the Indian guide?
2. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
3. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
4. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
5. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
6. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
7. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
8. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
9. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
10. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)