|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates the change of shifts?
(a) 2000 electric clocks and voices calling
(b) 4000 electric clocks and voices calling
(c) 4000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(d) 2000 voices calling and some electric clocks
2. Where does this story take place?
(a) New York
3. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
(a) Rose petals and bright books
(b) Bright books alone
(c) Whistles and rose petals
(d) Rose petals alone
4. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
(a) Conditioning education
(b) Hypnopaedia education
(c) Moral education
(d) Social education
5. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
(b) Communal sex
(c) Dinner and prayers
(d) Hymn singing
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
2. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
3. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
4. What does Bokanovsky's process create?
5. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
2. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
3. What happened, as the controller described, on the island of Cypress when it was inhabited with nothing but Alphas?
4. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
5. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
6. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
7. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
8. What question does Helmholtz wonder how it made people who read Shakespeare's work excited?
9. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
10. Describe the difference between murder and what Bernard has done as described by the director.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)