|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes John rush outside after watching Lenina sleep for awhile?
(a) Sound of a helicopter
(b) Bernard calling him
(c) Lenina awaiting him
(d) Stones being thrown at the windows
2. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
3. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
(c) Bokanovsky's process
(d) Arrested development
4. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
(a) Our Ford
(c) Henry Foster
(d) Mustapha Mond
5. What prevents people in the civilization from having children?
(b) Abortion centre
(c) Other place
(d) Malthusian drill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is soma?
2. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
3. What does John's mother smell like to Lenina?
4. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
5. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
2. What does the Director say the babies will develop as related to flowers and books?
3. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
4. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
5. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
6. Why is it difficult for the students to imagine what it is like to live with one's family?
7. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
8. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
9. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
10. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)