|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
2. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
(a) Moral education
(b) Operant conditioning
(c) Sleep teaching
(d) Social education
3. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
(a) He thinks no one is home and is worried
(b) He thinks they are hurt
(c) He thinks they are sleeping
(d) He thinks they have left without him
4. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
5. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(c) Bottling controller
(d) Resident controller for Western Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
2. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
3. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
4. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
5. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernard do after the the Solidarity service ends?
2. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
3. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
4. What does the Director indicate is the secret to being happy and virtuous?
5. What is the definition of hypnopaedia?
6. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
7. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
8. How does Lenina feel when Bernard flushes when she brings up their New Mexico plans?
9. Why is Bernard mocked by his peers?
10. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)