|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(d) Play games
2. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Decrease the population
(b) Create utopia
(c) Increase the number of men
(d) Stabilize the population
3. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
4. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Lenina Crowne
(c) Fanny Crowne
(d) Mustapha Mond
5. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
(b) Older people
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lenina and Bernard plan to go?
2. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
3. What has isolated Helmholtz?
4. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
2. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
3. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
4. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
5. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
6. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
7. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
8. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
9. What statement in chapter four does Lenina make which is an unconscious echo of one of the many hypnopaedic lessons?
10. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)