|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people at the Solidarity Service invite the Greater Being to do?
(a) Reinforce them
(b) Move them
(c) Save them
(d) Annihilate them
2. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
3. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
4. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
(a) He is much taller than them
(b) He is unhappy
(c) He is not taller than them
(d) He is not smarter than them
5. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(c) Peace of consummation
(d) Emptier than ever
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
3. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
4. What game are the children playing when he takes his tour group outside?
5. What color doe the laborers wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
2. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
3. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
4. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
5. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
6. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
7. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
8. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
9. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
10. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)