|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people are not divided into about seventy-two identical embryos?
2. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) Lenina requests to go there
(b) His job requires him to be there daily
(c) The director has ordered him to go there
(d) He is an alpha plus psychologist
3. What do the sexophonists sound like?
(a) Saxophones wailing
(b) Moaning cats
(c) People singing
(d) Dogs howling
4. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
5. Our Ford represents who?
(a) Albus Ford
(b) Adolf Ford
(c) Henry Ford
(d) Herbert Ford
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
2. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
3. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
4. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
5. What is body mass been conditioned to represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does the director indicate Bernard has grossly betrayed the trust of the society?
2. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
3. What happens with the guests when John refuses to come out of his room?
4. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
5. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
6. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
7. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
8. What do the metal knobs on the chairs at the feelies do?
9. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
10. What has the new civilization eliminated, which the controller then indicates requires no need for religion?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)