|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
(b) Orgy porgy
(c) Ice cream
2. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
3. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Lenina Crowne
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Fanny Crowne
4. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
(a) To pack his things so he can move to the reservation
(b) To check on his apartment
(c) To turn off the tap of eau de cologne
(d) To check on the director's plan to send him to Iceland
5. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
(a) She is of the appropriate age
(b) She wants a child of her own
(c) She is past the age of needing to complete one
(d) She has been feeling out of sorts lately
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
2. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
3. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
4. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
5. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helmholtz tell Bernard the DHC made public while he was away?
2. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
3. What chant is said over and over as the group at the Solidarity Service dances in a circle slapping each other's bottoms?
4. What has replaced the pursuit of knowledge by the end of chapter five?
5. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
6. What happened to Linda which caused her great distress?
7. Why wasn't John able to marry the girl that he loved on the reservation?
8. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
9. Why does Mustapha Monda agree to Bernard's plan?
10. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)