|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
(a) Communal sex
(b) Dinner and prayers
(c) Hymn singing
2. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
3. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(b) The director has ordered him to go there
(c) His job requires him to be there daily
(d) Lenina requests to go there
4. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
(a) To check on the director's plan to send him to Iceland
(b) To pack his things so he can move to the reservation
(c) To turn off the tap of eau de cologne
(d) To check on his apartment
5. Where do Lenina and Bernard plan to go?
(b) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
2. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
3. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
4. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
5. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
2. Why do you think John is awed by the smell of perfume and the sound of zippers?
3. Why do you believe the Embryo store is found in the basement?
4. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
5. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
6. Why do you think that John quotes Romeo and Juliet when he was watching Lenina sleep?
7. What is the aim of mass production as described in Chapter 1?
8. What did the conscription of consumption compell?
9. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
10. What event makes Lenina sob after witnessing at the savage reservation?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)