|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Deep valley
(b) Mountain range
(c) Cliff with a steep wall
2. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
(a) To check on the director's plan to send him to Iceland
(b) To turn off the tap of eau de cologne
(c) To pack his things so he can move to the reservation
(d) To check on his apartment
3. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
4. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
5. Our Ford represents who?
(a) Adolf Ford
(b) Albus Ford
(c) Herbert Ford
(d) Henry Ford
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
2. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
3. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
4. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
5. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry remark as he and Lenina overlook the crematorium?
2. Why would the D.H.C. be furious with Lenina according to Fanny?
3. In what ways are an egg's normal growth checked?
4. Why does John push Lenina away when she kisses him?
5. What does John remember as he sits beside his mother's hospital bed before she awakens and talks to him?
6. Why does John begin whipping himself?
7. Why do you think Lenina takes so many tablets of soma when she returns to the rest house?
8. What does the director say is the greatest offense, which Bernard has committed?
9. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
10. Why does Lenina go to John's apartment?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)