|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
2. What has isolated Helmholtz?
(a) Physical stature
(b) Emotional status
(c) Mental excess
3. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 125 years
(b) 214 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 23 years
4. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) Lenina requests to go there
(b) The director has ordered him to go there
(c) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(d) His job requires him to be there daily
5. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
2. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
3. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
4. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
5. What is recovered from every corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helmholtz wonder as they sit on Bernard's couch in his apartment?
2. What questions are difficult for Linda to answer when John has asked them?
3. Why are Lenina and Bernard surprised by John?
4. What does the Director say that a love of nature is for they lower castes?
5. Describe the game of Centrifugal Bumble-puppy.
6. Describe what is meant by the Suggestions from the State.
7. What does Lenina say was a bunch of dangerous nonsense?
8. What were some of the things Linda told John about 'the other place'?
9. What type of behavior does the director accuse Bernard of displaying?
10. What does Bernard say after he refuses the soma raspberry sundae Lenina offers him?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)