|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
2. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
3. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(c) Universal happiness
4. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to return to the reservation
(b) The right to die
(c) The right to be unhappy
(d) The right to be loved
5. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he is afraid of her
(b) Because she slept with Bernard
(c) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(d) Because he does not like her
6. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
7. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Embryo store
(d) Conditioning room
8. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Presumptuous whore
(b) Sassy woman
(c) Impudent strumpet
(d) Insolent strumpet
9. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
10. Where does John move?
(a) The reservation
(b) Bernard's apartment
(c) An island alone
(d) An old lighthouse
11. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(b) His friendship with the savage
(c) A lecture on the savage
(d) His friendship with Bernard
12. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
13. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
(a) Becomes aroused
(b) Punches her
(c) Hides from her
(d) Retreats in terror
14. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Anti-riot speech number two
(b) Voice of reason speech number one
(c) Voice of reason speech number two
(d) Anti-riot speech number one
15. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(b) The human body
(c) An iceberg
(d) Island of Cypress
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
2. Where does Lenina take John?
3. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
4. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
5. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)