|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(a) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(b) Having John
(c) Pregnancy substitute
3. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
4. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(b) Universal happiness
5. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(a) Drug abuse
(c) Weight loss
6. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to return to the reservation
(b) The right to be unhappy
(c) The right to be loved
(d) The right to die
7. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
8. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(d) Eton School
9. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Steals them for himself
(b) Throws them out of the window
(c) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(d) Throws them into the crowd
10. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(d) Well Off
11. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
12. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
(a) He resigned
(b) He was promoted
(c) He attacked Bernard
(d) He took John into his home
13. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
14. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Fertilization treatment
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(c) Soma treatment
(d) Reservation treatment
15. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
2. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
3. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
4. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
5. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)