|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
2. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(c) Pregnancy substitute
(d) Having John
3. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) She did not agree to bring him back
(c) Bernard did all of the work
(d) She has not slept with John
4. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(a) Propaganda technician
(d) Great writer
5. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
6. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(a) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(b) Has sex with her
(c) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
7. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(b) A lecture on the savage
(c) His friendship with the savage
(d) His friendship with Bernard
8. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
(b) Taunting John
(c) Being death conditioned
(d) Laughing at John's mother
9. What amazes the nurse who is caring for John's mother?
(a) That he is actually her child
(b) That he bothers to come to visit his mother
(c) That he puts such importance on a single person
(d) That he is as young as he is
10. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He must go live with Helmholtz
(b) He is welcome to them
(c) He cannot be miserable
(d) He cannot have them
11. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
12. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
13. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
14. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(a) One is important
15. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(b) Head mistress of Eton
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
2. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
3. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
5. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)