|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
2. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) Bernard did all of the work
(c) She did not agree to bring him back
(d) She has not slept with John
3. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Anti-riot speech number two
(b) Voice of reason speech number one
(c) Anti-riot speech number one
(d) Voice of reason speech number two
4. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to die
(b) The right to be unhappy
(c) The right to return to the reservation
(d) The right to be loved
5. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
6. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
(b) Whipping stunt
(d) Bow and arrow
7. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(a) Propaganda technician
(c) Great writer
8. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
(d) Mustapha Mond
9. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
10. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(b) His friendship with Bernard
(c) A lecture on the savage
(d) His friendship with the savage
11. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
(a) Star-crossed lovers
(b) Mother and father
(c) Uncremated bodies
(d) Forcing love on someone
12. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Drinks a shake
(b) Leaves to find Bernard
(c) Takes a long bath
(d) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
13. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is the closest
(b) It has the most high-caste workers
(c) It is where he works himself
(d) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
14. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He must go live with Helmholtz
(b) He cannot have them
(c) He cannot be miserable
(d) He is welcome to them
15. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
(d) Without a backbone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
3. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
4. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
5. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)