|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Sassy woman
(b) Impudent strumpet
(c) Insolent strumpet
(d) Presumptuous whore
2. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
(a) They laugh
(b) They yell
(c) They cheer
(d) They throw stones
3. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) To the helicopter factory
(b) To the Eton school
(c) Back to the reservation
(d) To the feelies
4. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It has the most high-caste workers
(b) It is the closest
(c) It is where he works himself
(d) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
5. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His Linda
(b) His wife
(d) His lover
6. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
7. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
8. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
9. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
10. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
(c) Soma vapor
11. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Taunting John
(b) Being death conditioned
(c) Laughing at John's mother
(d) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
12. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
13. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
(c) World controller's office
(d) Alpha camp
14. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(a) Violent passion surrogate
(c) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
15. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
2. In what name did John throw out the soma?
3. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
4. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
5. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)