|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
2. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(a) Island of Cypress
(c) An iceberg
(d) The human body
3. How does John die?
(b) Old age
4. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
(b) Whipping stunt
(c) Bow and arrow
5. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(b) Well Off
6. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
7. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
(a) They laugh
(b) They cheer
(c) They yell
(d) They throw stones
8. How do John and Lenina travel?
(a) Taxi copter
9. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(b) Because he is afraid of her
(c) Because she slept with Bernard
(d) Because he does not like her
10. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) To the feelies
(b) To the Eton school
(c) To the helicopter factory
(d) Back to the reservation
11. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Make fun of others
(c) Take soma
(d) Read from Shakespeare
12. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(d) One is important
13. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(a) Great writer
(b) Propaganda technician
14. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(a) Violent passion surrogate
(b) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
15. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Henry Foster
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
3. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
4. In what name did John throw out the soma?
5. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)