Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) Bernard did all of the work
(b) She has not slept with John
(c) She is scared of John
(d) She did not agree to bring him back
2. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Conditioning room
(b) Fertilizing room
(c) Embryo store
3. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) He made her have a baby
(b) He is her only one
(c) She loved him
(d) He loved her
4. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Weight loss
(c) Drug abuse
5. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(c) Having John
(d) Pregnancy substitute
6. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
(a) Retreats in terror
(b) Becomes aroused
(c) Punches her
(d) Hides from her
7. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He has other plans for John
(b) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(c) He wants to return to the reservation
(d) He wants to go on with the experiment
8. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He must go live with Helmholtz
(b) He is welcome to them
(c) He cannot have them
(d) He cannot be miserable
9. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) The savage reservation
(b) Santa Fe
(c) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
(d) The creamatorium
10. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) 1-2 months
(c) 1-2 weeks
(d) Unknown amount of time
11. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It has the most high-caste workers
(b) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(c) It is where he works himself
(d) It is the closest
12. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His wife
(c) His Linda
(d) His lover
13. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(c) Well Off
14. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
15. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to die
(b) The right to be unhappy
(c) The right to return to the reservation
(d) The right to be loved
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
2. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
3. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
4. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
5. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)