|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
2. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 months
(b) 1-2 years
(c) Unknown amount of time
(d) 1-2 weeks
3. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
4. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) She loved him
(b) He is her only one
(c) He loved her
(d) He made her have a baby
5. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(d) Universal happiness
6. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His lover
(b) His wife
(d) His Linda
7. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She did not agree to bring him back
(b) Bernard did all of the work
(c) She has not slept with John
(d) She is scared of John
8. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
9. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(b) Eton School
10. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
(a) Without a backbone
11. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(b) A lecture on the savage
(c) His friendship with the savage
(d) His friendship with Bernard
12. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
(a) He was promoted
(b) He took John into his home
(c) He attacked Bernard
(d) He resigned
13. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Leaves to find Bernard
(b) Takes a long bath
(c) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
(d) Drinks a shake
14. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is where he works himself
(b) It has the most high-caste workers
(c) It is the closest
(d) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
15. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Voice of reason speech number one
(b) Anti-riot speech number one
(c) Anti-riot speech number two
(d) Voice of reason speech number two
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
2. How do John and Lenina travel?
3. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
4. Where does John move?
5. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)