|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
2. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
(a) Mustapha Mond
3. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With flowers
(b) With a book
(c) With chocolate eclairs
(d) With a game
4. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(b) Because he is afraid of her
(c) Because he does not like her
(d) Because she slept with Bernard
5. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
6. Where does John move?
(a) An old lighthouse
(b) Bernard's apartment
(c) The reservation
(d) An island alone
7. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Takes a long bath
(b) Drinks a shake
(c) Leaves to find Bernard
(d) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
8. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) He is her only one
(b) He made her have a baby
(c) She loved him
(d) He loved her
9. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them into the crowd
(b) Throws them out of the window
(c) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(d) Steals them for himself
10. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
(a) Without a backbone
11. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
12. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(b) Well Off
13. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
14. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(b) Universal happiness
15. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Read from Shakespeare
(b) Make fun of others
(c) Write poetry
(d) Take soma
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
2. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
3. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
5. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)