|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
(b) Soma vapor
2. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(a) The human body
(b) Island of Cypress
(c) An iceberg
3. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He is welcome to them
(b) He cannot be miserable
(c) He cannot have them
(d) He must go live with Helmholtz
4. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(c) Universal happiness
5. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Sassy woman
(b) Presumptuous whore
(c) Impudent strumpet
(d) Insolent strumpet
6. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(a) Henry Foster
(b) Mustapha Mond
7. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
(a) Fathering a child
(b) Obeying Our Ford alone
(c) Traveling to the Savage Reservation
(d) Betraying the trust given to him
8. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(b) Great writer
(c) Propaganda technician
9. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
(a) Mother and father
(b) Uncremated bodies
(c) Star-crossed lovers
(d) Forcing love on someone
10. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(a) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(b) Has sex with her
(d) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
11. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
12. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
13. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Fertilization treatment
(b) Reservation treatment
(c) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(d) Soma treatment
14. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
15. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She is scared of John
(b) She did not agree to bring him back
(c) Bernard did all of the work
(d) She has not slept with John
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
2. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
3. In what name did John throw out the soma?
4. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
5. How does John die?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)