|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
2. How does John die?
(b) Old age
3. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His lover
(c) His Linda
(d) His wife
4. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
5. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
6. What amazes the nurse who is caring for John's mother?
(a) That he bothers to come to visit his mother
(b) That he puts such importance on a single person
(c) That he is as young as he is
(d) That he is actually her child
7. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Leaves to find Bernard
(b) Drinks a shake
(c) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
(d) Takes a long bath
8. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(a) Violent passion surrogate
(b) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
9. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
10. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) A lecture on the savage
(b) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(c) His friendship with the savage
(d) His friendship with Bernard
11. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Beats Lenina then himself
(b) Tells her to leave rapidly
(c) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
(d) Invites her into his lighthouse home
12. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He cannot have them
(b) He is welcome to them
(c) He cannot be miserable
(d) He must go live with Helmholtz
13. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
(a) Betraying the trust given to him
(b) Fathering a child
(c) Obeying Our Ford alone
(d) Traveling to the Savage Reservation
14. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(b) Well Off
15. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(c) Eton School
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
2. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
3. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
4. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
5. In what name did John throw out the soma?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)