|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Throws it away
(b) Burns it
(c) Locks it away
(d) Tears it apart and destroys it
2. How does John die?
(c) Old age
3. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
4. How do John and Lenina travel?
(b) Taxi copter
5. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(d) Well Off
6. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
7. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
8. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
9. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(b) It is the closest
(c) It has the most high-caste workers
(d) It is where he works himself
10. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Read from Shakespeare
(b) Write poetry
(c) Make fun of others
(d) Take soma
11. What does John say poisoned him?
12. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants to go on with the experiment
(b) He wants to return to the reservation
(c) He has other plans for John
(d) He wants him to work in the controller's office
13. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(b) Embryo store
(c) Conditioning room
(d) Fertilizing room
14. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
(b) Mustapha Mond
15. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(c) Henry Foster
(d) Mustapha Mond
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
2. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
3. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
4. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
5. In what name did John throw out the soma?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)