|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He denies everything
(b) He rushes out of the room
(c) He yells at Bernard
(d) He attacks Bernard
2. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) The DHC
(b) An individual
(c) Society itself
(d) Henry Foster
3. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
4. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not like her
(b) Because she slept with Bernard
(c) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(d) Because he is afraid of her
5. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) He is her only one
(b) He loved her
(c) He made her have a baby
(d) She loved him
6. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Voice of reason speech number one
(b) Anti-riot speech number two
(c) Voice of reason speech number two
(d) Anti-riot speech number one
7. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
(b) The creamatorium
(c) Santa Fe
(d) The savage reservation
8. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(c) Universal happiness
9. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) She has not slept with John
(b) She is scared of John
(c) Bernard did all of the work
(d) She did not agree to bring him back
10. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is where he works himself
(b) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(c) It has the most high-caste workers
(d) It is the closest
11. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) Unknown amount of time
(d) 1-2 months
12. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
(a) Mother and father
(b) Uncremated bodies
(c) Star-crossed lovers
(d) Forcing love on someone
13. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
14. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(c) Propaganda technician
(d) Great writer
15. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(b) Fertilizing room
(c) Embryo store
(d) Conditioning room
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
2. Where does John move?
3. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
4. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
5. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)