|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
2. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
3. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(a) Eton School
4. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
(b) Taunting John
(c) Laughing at John's mother
(d) Being death conditioned
5. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(c) Well Off
6. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(c) Having John
(d) Pregnancy substitute
7. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(a) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
8. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Fertilization treatment
(b) Soma treatment
(c) Reservation treatment
(d) Violent passion surrogate treatment
9. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(d) One is important
10. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
(a) Anti-riot speech number one
(b) Voice of reason speech number two
(c) Anti-riot speech number two
(d) Voice of reason speech number one
11. Where does John move?
(a) Bernard's apartment
(b) An old lighthouse
(c) An island alone
(d) The reservation
12. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
(a) Retreats in terror
(b) Punches her
(c) Hides from her
(d) Becomes aroused
13. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(b) Head mistress of Eton
14. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) Unknown amount of time
(d) 1-2 months
15. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His Linda
(b) His lover
(c) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
2. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
3. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
4. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
5. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)