|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes the nurse who is caring for John's mother?
(a) That he is actually her child
(b) That he is as young as he is
(c) That he puts such importance on a single person
(d) That he bothers to come to visit his mother
2. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
(a) Obeying Our Ford alone
(b) Betraying the trust given to him
(c) Traveling to the Savage Reservation
(d) Fathering a child
3. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
4. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
5. In what name did John throw out the soma?
6. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(a) An iceberg
(c) The human body
(d) Island of Cypress
7. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) Society itself
(b) The DHC
(c) Henry Foster
(d) An individual
8. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(b) Because she slept with Bernard
(c) Because he is afraid of her
(d) Because he does not like her
9. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He yells at Bernard
(b) He attacks Bernard
(c) He denies everything
(d) He rushes out of the room
10. What does John say poisoned him?
11. Where does Lenina take John?
(a) Back to the reservation
(b) To the feelies
(c) To the Eton school
(d) To the helicopter factory
12. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(c) Eton School
13. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) Unknown amount of time
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) 1-2 months
(d) 1-2 years
14. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) Bernard did all of the work
(b) She did not agree to bring him back
(c) She has not slept with John
(d) She is scared of John
15. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to be unhappy
(b) The right to die
(c) The right to be loved
(d) The right to return to the reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
2. Where does John move?
3. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
5. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)