|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With flowers
(b) With chocolate eclairs
(c) With a book
(d) With a game
2. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(d) One is important
3. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) The creamatorium
(b) The savage reservation
(c) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
(d) Santa Fe
4. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
(c) Without a backbone
5. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants to return to the reservation
(b) He has other plans for John
(c) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(d) He wants to go on with the experiment
6. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
(a) World controller's office
(b) Alpha camp
7. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
8. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
9. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
10. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Embryo store
(c) Conditioning room
11. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
12. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(b) Well Off
13. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) The DHC
(b) An individual
(c) Henry Foster
(d) Society itself
14. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(d) Soma induced
15. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
2. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
3. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
4. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
5. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)