|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Steals them for himself
(b) Throws them out of the window
(c) Throws them into the crowd
(d) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
2. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
3. What happened to the DHC after John fell to his knees and called him father?
(a) He attacked Bernard
(b) He resigned
(c) He was promoted
(d) He took John into his home
4. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Embryo store
(d) Conditioning room
5. Which of the following has not been described by the controller as something that has paid a high price for happiness?
6. Who does Bernard blame for snubbing him?
7. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
(a) It is the closest
(b) It is where he works himself
(c) It is an area Bernard is afraid of
(d) It has the most high-caste workers
8. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(b) Because he is afraid of her
(c) Because he does not like her
(d) Because she slept with Bernard
9. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
10. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
(a) Bernard did all of the work
(b) She is scared of John
(c) She did not agree to bring him back
(d) She has not slept with John
11. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
(c) Mustapha Mond
12. What does John say poisoned him?
13. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(a) Propaganda technician
(d) Great writer
14. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(a) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(b) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
(d) Has sex with her
15. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the controller indicate is incompatible with happiness?
2. Where does John move?
3. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
4. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
5. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)