|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say poisoned him?
2. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) An individual
(b) The DHC
(c) Society itself
(d) Henry Foster
3. Which of the following is not a treatment suggested to Lenina to overcome her growing saddness?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(c) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(d) Having John
4. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
(a) Retreats in terror
(b) Hides from her
(c) Punches her
(d) Becomes aroused
5. What does John repeatedly say in his grief that confuses the twins?
(c) One is important
6. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
7. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
8. What right does the controller say that John is claiming?
(a) The right to be loved
(b) The right to return to the reservation
(c) The right to die
(d) The right to be unhappy
9. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 months
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) Unknown amount of time
(d) 1-2 years
10. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Fertilization treatment
(b) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(c) Soma treatment
(d) Reservation treatment
11. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Tells her to leave rapidly
(b) Invites her into his lighthouse home
(c) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
(d) Beats Lenina then himself
12. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
(b) Boxes one of the twin's ears
(c) Destroys all of the civilization's death-conditioning
(d) Has sex with her
13. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Locks it away
(b) Burns it
(c) Tears it apart and destroys it
(d) Throws it away
14. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
(d) Eton School
15. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(a) Henry Foster
(d) Mustapha Mond
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
2. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
3. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
4. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
5. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)