|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) Santa Fe
(b) The savage reservation
(c) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
(d) The creamatorium
2. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
(a) Tells him to leave
(b) Calls him Pope
(c) Asks him to belong to no one ever
(d) Tells him of how wonderful the new civilization is
3. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Soma treatment
(b) Reservation treatment
(c) Fertilization treatment
(d) Violent passion surrogate treatment
4. What amazes the nurse who is caring for John's mother?
(a) That he is actually her child
(b) That he bothers to come to visit his mother
(c) That he is as young as he is
(d) That he puts such importance on a single person
5. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
(b) Beats Lenina then himself
(c) Invites her into his lighthouse home
(d) Tells her to leave rapidly
6. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
(a) Star-crossed lovers
(b) Uncremated bodies
(c) Forcing love on someone
(d) Mother and father
7. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
8. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With flowers
(b) With chocolate eclairs
(c) With a book
(d) With a game
9. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
10. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
(b) Propaganda technician
(d) Great writer
11. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(d) Soma induced
12. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(b) An iceberg
(c) Island of Cypress
(d) The human body
13. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
14. Which of the following words is an accurate description of how John responds when Lenina strops off her clothes?
(a) Retreats in terror
(b) Punches her
(c) Hides from her
(d) Becomes aroused
15. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Take soma
(b) Read from Shakespeare
(c) Make fun of others
(d) Write poetry
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
2. Where were John, Bernard and Helmholtz taken after the riots?
3. Why does the director choose this area for the meet?
4. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
5. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)