|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
(a) Being death conditioned
(b) Making up a game to make fun of John's mother
(c) Laughing at John's mother
(d) Taunting John
2. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Presumptuous whore
(b) Sassy woman
(c) Impudent strumpet
(d) Insolent strumpet
3. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
(a) Tells him of how wonderful the new civilization is
(b) Calls him Pope
(c) Tells him to leave
(d) Asks him to belong to no one ever
4. What does John say poisoned him?
5. Which of the following characters do the police not take away after the riot at the soma distribution line?
6. According to the director, what has Bernard attacked?
(a) Society itself
(b) Henry Foster
(c) An individual
(d) The DHC
7. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
(a) Embryo store
(c) Fertilizing room
(d) Conditioning room
8. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
9. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
(b) Mustapha Mond
10. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(c) Head mistress of Eton
11. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
(a) He is her only one
(b) He made her have a baby
(c) He loved her
(d) She loved him
12. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(d) Universal happiness
13. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
(a) They yell
(b) They cheer
(c) They throw stones
(d) They laugh
14. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
(a) Tells her to leave rapidly
(b) Beats Lenina then himself
(c) Takes her hostage demanding to see Bernard and Helmholtz
(d) Invites her into his lighthouse home
15. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Make fun of others
(b) Read from Shakespeare
(c) Take soma
(d) Write poetry
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the music box play to calm the crowd?
2. What does the director accuse Bernard of doing?
3. Where does John see people laughing at savages confessing their sins to Jesus?
4. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
5. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)