|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he is afraid of her
(b) Because he does not want to sleep with her
(c) Because she slept with Bernard
(d) Because he does not like her
2. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
3. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
(a) Forcing love on someone
(b) Mother and father
(c) Uncremated bodies
(d) Star-crossed lovers
4. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) His friendship with the savage
(b) A lecture on the savage
(c) His friendship with Bernard
(d) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
5. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Tears it apart and destroys it
(b) Locks it away
(c) Burns it
(d) Throws it away
6. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Read from Shakespeare
(b) Write poetry
(c) Take soma
(d) Make fun of others
7. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them out of the window
(b) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
(c) Steals them for himself
(d) Throws them into the crowd
8. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(c) Well Off
9. Which of the following phrases does John call Lenina after he pushes her away?
(a) Impudent strumpet
(b) Presumptuous whore
(c) Insolent strumpet
(d) Sassy woman
10. How do John and Lenina travel?
(c) Taxi copter
11. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
(b) Mustapha Mond
12. Where does John move?
(a) An island alone
(b) Bernard's apartment
(c) An old lighthouse
(d) The reservation
13. Which character does Bernard send reports too which agree with some of the Savage's ideas?
(c) Mustapha Mond
14. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He denies everything
(b) He yells at Bernard
(c) He attacks Bernard
(d) He rushes out of the room
15. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
(b) Universal happiness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmholtz call Shakespeare?
2. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
3. What does John talk about which horrifies Lenina?
4. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
5. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)