|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John move?
(a) The reservation
(b) An island alone
(c) Bernard's apartment
(d) An old lighthouse
2. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Drug abuse
(d) Weight loss
3. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
4. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
5. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
6. What does Linda call herself when she sees the DHC for the first time?
(a) His lover
(b) His Linda
(c) His wife
7. Which of the following is not a descriptor the controller would use to describe the world now?
(c) Well Off
8. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
9. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
10. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
11. How long does the doctor predict Linda will last with her constant soma-holidays?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) 1-2 weeks
(c) 1-2 months
(d) Unknown amount of time
12. After John leaves Lenina, what does she do to get to sleep?
(a) Takes 3 half-gramme soma tablets
(b) Leaves to find Bernard
(c) Takes a long bath
(d) Drinks a shake
13. Which of the following best describes how Mustapha Mond responds to John's request for the inconveniences of life?
(a) He is welcome to them
(b) He cannot have them
(c) He cannot be miserable
(d) He must go live with Helmholtz
14. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Tears it apart and destroys it
(b) Burns it
(c) Locks it away
(d) Throws it away
15. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(d) Soma induced
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes how John thinks of Linda and the Deltas as they line up for the soma distribution?
2. Which character has the closest bond with John in this chapter?
3. What are the twins doing in his mother's hospital room?
4. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
5. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)