|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't the controller allow John to go with Bernard and Helmholtz?
(a) He wants him to work in the controller's office
(b) He wants to return to the reservation
(c) He has other plans for John
(d) He wants to go on with the experiment
2. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(c) Soma induced
3. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
4. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Take soma
(c) Read from Shakespeare
(d) Make fun of others
5. The controller and John debate over whether or not the belief in God is what?
6. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
(a) They yell
(b) They cheer
(c) They laugh
(d) They throw stones
7. What are the water pistols filled with the police use to help calm the crowd?
(b) Soma vapor
8. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(c) Head mistress of Eton
9. Which word describes how the controller felt at Bernard's suggestions about social order?
10. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
11. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(a) Weight loss
(b) Drug abuse
12. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
13. What kind of treatment causes the person to feel empty and experience nausea?
(a) Violent passion surrogate treatment
(b) Soma treatment
(c) Fertilization treatment
(d) Reservation treatment
14. What does John do with his Shakespeare book after Helmholtz bursts into laughter over some of the writing?
(a) Tears it apart and destroys it
(b) Throws it away
(c) Burns it
(d) Locks it away
15. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
(b) Henry Foster
(c) Mustapha Mond
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lenina feel that she is getting some of the fame under false pretenses?
2. What does John do when he sees Lenina get out of the helicopter?
3. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
4. Where does John move?
5. What do the people who come to stare at John chant they want to see?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)