|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda awakens what does she say that upsets John?
(a) Tells him of how wonderful the new civilization is
(b) Asks him to belong to no one ever
(c) Calls him Pope
(d) Tells him to leave
2. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
(a) Write poetry
(b) Make fun of others
(c) Read from Shakespeare
(d) Take soma
3. Which of the following does the controller say floods the system with adrenaline to reproduce the complete physiological effects of fear and rage?
(a) Anti-violent conditioning speeches
(b) Violent passion surrogate
4. How do John and Lenina travel?
(d) Taxi copter
5. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because she slept with Bernard
(b) Because he is afraid of her
(c) Because he does not like her
(d) Because he does not want to sleep with her
6. Which word describes how John felt about the feelies?
7. What does John tell Bernard he would rather be than have fake happiness?
(b) Soma induced
8. What does John compare the Delta's coming off of shift to?
9. What analogy does the controller use to describe the optimum population?
(a) The human body
(b) Island of Cypress
(c) An iceberg
10. How do the workers react to all of the events with Linda, John and the director?
(a) They laugh
(b) They yell
(c) They cheer
(d) They throw stones
11. How does the nurse distract the twins while John is by his dead mother's bed?
(a) With chocolate eclairs
(b) With flowers
(c) With a game
(d) With a book
12. What does John do with the pillboxes filled with soma?
(a) Throws them out of the window
(b) Steals them for himself
(c) Throws them into the crowd
(d) Takes the pills himself to overcome his grief
13. What is the doctor thankful to be able to study in Linda?
(b) Weight loss
(c) Drug abuse
14. How does John die?
(b) Old age
15. Who does Henry Foster tell that the DHC had been on the verge of transferring Bernard to Iceland?
(c) Head mistress of Eton
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ideas from Romeo and Juliet did Helmhotz find very obscene?
2. Where does the director ask Bernard to meet him?
3. What scandalous behavior does John display when his mother dies?
4. Where does Lenina take John?
5. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)