|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Deep valley
(c) Cliff with a steep wall
(d) Mountain range
2. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
3. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
(a) Whistles and rose petals
(b) Bright books alone
(c) Rose petals alone
(d) Rose petals and bright books
4. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
(a) Strawberry ice cream
(d) Strawberry ice cream soma
5. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Fanny Crowne
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Lenina Crowne
6. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She threw stones at him
(b) She called him bad names
(c) She waited and waited for him
(d) She married someone else
7. What did Lenina hear one night when she awoke as a child which at first shocked her?
(a) Director speaking of Epsilons
(b) Voices under her pillow
(c) Nurses talking
8. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
(a) Sign of an F
(b) Sign of a T
(c) Sign of a cross
(d) Sign of an H
9. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
10. How does Linda feel about seeing Lenina?
11. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
12. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
(c) Cold tortillas
13. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
(a) Solidarity service
(c) Recreation time
14. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
(b) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
(c) Something to say but no power to say it
(d) Nothing to say and no power to say it
15. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
(a) Hypnopaedia education
(b) Conditioning education
(c) Moral education
(d) Social education
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
2. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
3. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
4. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
5. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)