|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
(a) The Director
(b) Ivan Pavlov
(c) Reuben Rabinovich
(d) Mustapha Mond
2. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(a) Peace of consummation
(d) Emptier than ever
3. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
(a) Love of nature is gratuitous
(b) It is not economical
(c) Lower castes cannot waste time in the country
(d) It requires them to consume more
4. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
(b) Older people
5. What does John's mother smell like to Lenina?
6. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
7. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
(a) Is excited by visiting it
(b) Likes it
(c) Wants to move to it
(d) Doesn't like it
8. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
(d) World controller's office
9. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
(c) Cold tortillas
10. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
(a) Arrested development
(d) Bokanovsky's process
11. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(b) Stifling rooms
(c) Rabble of children
(d) Obscene relationships
12. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
13. Who fathered John?
14. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
(b) Nothing to say and no power to say it
(c) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
(d) Something to say but no power to say it
15. What is body mass been conditioned to represent?
(c) Caste level
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
2. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
4. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)