|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is soma?
(c) Hallucinogenic drug
2. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Bottling controller
(c) Pregnancy substitute
(d) Resident controller for Western Europe
3. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
4. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
(a) Santa Fe
(c) Savage Reservation
5. Where does the director indicate he will send Bernard if there are more complaints about him?
(b) North pole
(c) Santa Fe
6. Who fathered John?
7. How does Linda feel about seeing Lenina?
8. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
(a) Social education
(b) Sleep teaching
(c) Moral education
(d) Operant conditioning
9. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
10. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
(a) Lashes him with a whip
(b) Throws snakes all over him
(c) Shrieks at him
(d) Dances with him
11. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(d) Play games
12. What does Lenina wish she had while on the reservation?
(b) More time to spend on the reservation
(c) The director
13. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
(a) Full of every kind of perversion
(b) Full of suicide
(c) Full of misery
(d) Full of madness
14. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
(a) Fertilizing room
(b) Director's office
(c) Embryo room
(d) Infants room
15. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
2. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
3. What color doe the laborers wear?
4. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
5. What does the Controller say that 'Our Ford' called himself whenever he was speaking of psychology?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)