|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
(a) Doesn't like it
(b) Likes it
(c) Is excited by visiting it
(d) Wants to move to it
2. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
(a) Dinner and prayers
(b) Communal sex
(d) Hymn singing
3. What has isolated Helmholtz?
(a) Mental excess
(b) Physical stature
(d) Emotional status
4. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(b) Bottling controller
(c) Resident controller for Western Europe
5. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
(a) Dances with him
(b) Shrieks at him
(c) Lashes him with a whip
(d) Throws snakes all over him
6. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(b) Stabbed him in the stomach
(c) Killed him
(d) Shot him in the shoulder
7. The process of an egg's normal growth is checked with X-rays, cold, and alcohol it is called?
(a) Bokanovsky's process
(d) Arrested development
8. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Mustapha Mond
(b) Fanny Crowne
(c) Bernard Marx
(d) Lenina Crowne
9. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
(a) Everyone is free
(b) No one is happy
(c) Everyone is happy now
(d) Everyone is able to have a good time
10. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
11. Which of the following is the result of the second lever thrown as the infants touch the materials put out by the nurses?
(a) Hypnopaedia lessons
(b) Electric shock along the floor
(c) Loud, shrieking alarm
(d) Moral education lessons
12. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She threw stones at him
(b) She called him bad names
(c) She waited and waited for him
(d) She married someone else
13. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Something to say but no power to say it
(b) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
(c) Nothing to say and no power to say it
(d) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
14. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
(a) How to prepare food
(b) How to work in clay
(c) How to read
(d) How to hunt
15. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
(c) In love
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
2. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
3. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
4. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
5. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)