|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She married someone else
(b) She threw stones at him
(c) She called him bad names
(d) She waited and waited for him
2. What makes John rush outside after watching Lenina sleep for awhile?
(a) Bernard calling him
(b) Lenina awaiting him
(c) Sound of a helicopter
(d) Stones being thrown at the windows
3. What worried Lenina when she was in Bernard's room with him?
(a) That he was too gloomy
(b) That she was feeling too much
(c) That she was too plump
(d) That they did not have enough soma
4. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(a) Play games
5. What does Bokanovsky's process create?
(a) Men and women in standard batches
(b) Uniform men and women in standard batches
(c) Uniform women in standard batches
(d) Uniform men in standard batches
6. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
7. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
(a) Individual thought
8. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
(a) Symptoms of lupus
(b) Coral teeth
(d) Purple eyes
9. What are the Suggestions from the State?
(a) The greatest moralizing and socializing force
(b) The caste system
(c) The suggestions whispered under every pillow
(d) The class onsciousness
10. Which of the following is the result of the second lever thrown as the infants touch the materials put out by the nurses?
(a) Loud, shrieking alarm
(b) Moral education lessons
(c) Electric shock along the floor
(d) Hypnopaedia lessons
11. Where is the savage reservation located?
(c) North pole
(d) Santa Fe
12. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
(a) World controller's office
13. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
(b) New World
(c) World Controller's Office
(d) Director's Office
14. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
(a) He is unhappy
(b) He is much taller than them
(c) He is not smarter than them
(d) He is not taller than them
15. What does Lenina wish she had while on the reservation?
(c) The director
(d) More time to spend on the reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
2. What game are the children playing when he takes his tour group outside?
3. What does Bernard do during the night?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of people?
5. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)