|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She married someone else
(b) She threw stones at him
(c) She called him bad names
(d) She waited and waited for him
2. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
(c) Bokanovsky's process
(d) Arrested development
3. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
(a) 4 years
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 4 days
(d) 4 months
4. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
(b) Director of Hatching and Conditions
(c) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
(d) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
5. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Something to say but no power to say it
(b) Nothing to say and no power to say it
(c) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
(d) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
6. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
(c) Santa Fe
(d) Savage Reservation
7. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
(a) Reuben Rabinovich
(b) Mustapha Mond
(c) The Director
(d) Ivan Pavlov
8. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
9. What does John's mother smell like to Lenina?
10. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
11. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(b) Bottling controller
(d) Resident controller for Western Europe
12. What is soma?
(b) Hallucinogenic drug
13. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
(a) He is not taller than them
(b) He is not smarter than them
(c) He is unhappy
(d) He is much taller than them
14. What happens when John tried to join in the ceremonies?
(a) The others called him bad names
(b) He was allowed to join in
(c) The others threw stones at him
(d) The others pushed him off of a cliff
15. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
2. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
3. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
4. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
5. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)