Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates the change of shifts?
(a) 2000 electric clocks and voices calling
(b) 4000 electric clocks and voices calling
(c) 4000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(d) 2000 voices calling and some electric clocks
2. Where does this story take place?
(a) New York
3. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
(a) Rose petals and bright books
(b) Bright books alone
(c) Whistles and rose petals
(d) Rose petals alone
4. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
(a) Conditioning education
(b) Hypnopaedia education
(c) Moral education
(d) Social education
5. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
(b) Communal sex
(c) Dinner and prayers
(d) Hymn singing
6. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(a) Savage reservation visit
(c) Trip to the north pole
(d) DHC tour
7. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
(a) He thinks they are hurt
(b) He thinks they are sleeping
(c) He thinks no one is home and is worried
(d) He thinks they have left without him
8. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
(b) World controller's office
9. What does Bokanovsky's process create?
(a) Uniform men and women in standard batches
(b) Uniform women in standard batches
(c) Uniform men in standard batches
(d) Men and women in standard batches
10. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 214 years
(b) 125 years
(c) 23 years
(d) 25 years
11. Which room is located on the ground floor?
(a) Embryo store
(b) Neo-Pavlovian conditioning room
(c) Elementary class consciousness
(d) Fertilizing room
12. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Create utopia
(b) Increase the number of men
(c) Stabilize the population
(d) Decrease the population
13. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Killed him
(b) Shot him in the shoulder
(c) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(d) Stabbed him in the stomach
14. What is the purpose of the games according to the Director?
(a) Increase conservation
(b) Increase consumption
(c) Decrease consumption
(d) Decrease conservation
15. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
2. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
3. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
4. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
5. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)