|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Deep valley
(c) Cliff with a steep wall
(d) Mountain range
2. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
(a) Social education
(b) Sleep teaching
(c) Moral education
(d) Operant conditioning
3. What game are the children playing when he takes his tour group outside?
(a) Centrifugal Puppy-bumble
(b) Centrifugal Bumble-puppy
(c) Bumble-puppy Centrifugal
(d) Centrifuge Pumble-puppy
4. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
(a) She wants a child of her own
(b) She has been feeling out of sorts lately
(c) She is past the age of needing to complete one
(d) She is of the appropriate age
5. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
(c) Solidarity service
(d) Recreation time
6. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) The role they have been given
(b) Praise of the model T
(c) The colors of the various castes
(d) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
7. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
(a) Older people
8. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
(a) Bokanovsky's process
(d) Arrested development
9. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
(a) Conditioning education
(b) Social education
(c) Moral education
(d) Hypnopaedia education
10. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(b) Bottling controller
(c) Resident controller for Western Europe
(d) Pregnancy substitute
11. What do the people at the Solidarity Service invite the Greater Being to do?
(a) Save them
(b) Reinforce them
(c) Move them
(d) Annihilate them
12. Where did Linda work when she was in the civilization?
(a) Director's office
(b) Fertilizing room
(c) Infants room
(d) Embryo room
13. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) Lenina requests to go there
(b) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(c) His job requires him to be there daily
(d) The director has ordered him to go there
14. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
15. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
(a) The other place
(b) The rest house
(c) World Controller's Office
(d) Linda's hut
Short Answer Questions
1. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
2. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
3. What indicates the change of shifts?
4. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
5. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)