|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
(a) Mustapha Mond
(b) The Director
(c) Ivan Pavlov
(d) Reuben Rabinovich
2. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(a) Stifling rooms
(c) Rabble of children
(d) Obscene relationships
3. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
(a) Mustapha Mond
(b) Our Ford
(d) Henry Foster
4. What is served with the coffee when Lenina and Henry eat in the dining hall?
(a) Ice cream
(d) Orgy porgy
5. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(b) His job requires him to be there daily
(c) Lenina requests to go there
(d) The director has ordered him to go there
6. What indicates the change of shifts?
(a) 4000 electric clocks and voices calling
(b) 2000 electric clocks and voices calling
(c) 4000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(d) 2000 voices calling and some electric clocks
7. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
8. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
9. Where is the savage reservation located?
(c) Santa Fe
(d) North pole
10. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
(a) Coral teeth
(b) Symptoms of lupus
(d) Purple eyes
11. Who fathered John?
12. Where does this story take place?
(b) New York
13. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
14. What happens when John tried to join in the ceremonies?
(a) The others pushed him off of a cliff
(b) The others called him bad names
(c) The others threw stones at him
(d) He was allowed to join in
15. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
(b) Women's heavyweight wrestling championship
(c) Savage reservation visit
(d) DHC tour
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
2. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
3. What do the people at the Solidarity Service invite the Greater Being to do?
4. What worried Lenina when she was in Bernard's room with him?
5. What prevents people in the civilization from having children?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)