|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
2. Where is the savage reservation located?
(b) North pole
(d) Santa Fe
3. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
4. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(a) Emptier than ever
(b) Peace of consummation
5. What is the purpose of the games according to the Director?
(a) Decrease consumption
(b) Decrease conservation
(c) Increase conservation
(d) Increase consumption
6. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
7. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
(a) How to prepare food
(b) How to work in clay
(c) How to read
(d) How to hunt
8. What does Linda tell John the difference is between mescal and soma?
(a) Mescal makes you feel sick in the morning
(b) Mescal makes you feel happier when you take it
(c) Soma makes you feel happier when you take it
(d) Soma makes you feel sick in the morning
9. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
(a) Social education
(b) Moral education
(c) Sleep teaching
(d) Operant conditioning
10. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Increase the number of men
(b) Stabilize the population
(c) Create utopia
(d) Decrease the population
11. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(a) Highly intelligent
(c) Emotional engineer
12. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
13. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
14. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
(a) No one is happy
(b) Everyone is free
(c) Everyone is able to have a good time
(d) Everyone is happy now
15. Where do Lenina and Bernard plan to go?
(d) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
2. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
3. What does the Controller say that 'Our Ford' called himself whenever he was speaking of psychology?
4. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
5. What makes John rush outside after watching Lenina sleep for awhile?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)