|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
(a) Recreation time
(d) Solidarity service
2. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
3. What has isolated Helmholtz?
(a) Emotional status
(c) Mental excess
(d) Physical stature
4. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
5. What is recovered from every corpse?
6. The process of an egg's normal growth is checked with X-rays, cold, and alcohol it is called?
(a) Bokanovsky's process
(b) Arrested development
7. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She called him bad names
(b) She threw stones at him
(c) She married someone else
(d) She waited and waited for him
8. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
9. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(c) Play games
10. Which of the following is the result of the second lever thrown as the infants touch the materials put out by the nurses?
(a) Loud, shrieking alarm
(b) Hypnopaedia lessons
(c) Electric shock along the floor
(d) Moral education lessons
11. Which word(s) best describes how John feels on the reservation?
(a) In love
12. Which of the following items in Lenina's suitcase awes John?
(a) Sound of zippers
(b) Amount of clothes
(c) Bright colors
(d) Soft fabric
13. What does John's mother smell like to Lenina?
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of people?
15. What is body mass been conditioned to represent?
(c) Caste level
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
2. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
3. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
4. Where does this story take place?
5. Which room is located on the ground floor?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)