|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The process of an egg's normal growth is checked with X-rays, cold, and alcohol it is called?
(b) Arrested development
(c) Bokanovsky's process
2. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
3. Which of the following items in Lenina's suitcase awes John?
(a) Bright colors
(b) Sound of zippers
(c) Soft fabric
(d) Amount of clothes
4. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
(a) World controller's office
5. Helmholtz states that he is feeling queer about which of the following?
(a) Something to say but no power to say it
(b) Nothing to say and no power to say it
(c) Something to say, power to say it, doesn't know what to say
(d) Nothing to say, but the power to say it
6. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
7. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(a) Obscene relationships
(c) Rabble of children
(d) Stifling rooms
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of people?
9. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
(b) Savage reservation visit
(c) Women's heavyweight wrestling championship
(d) DHC tour
10. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
11. What do Lenina and Henry do after dinner?
(c) Play games
12. What color doe the laborers wear?
(a) Olive green
13. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Create utopia
(b) Increase the number of men
(c) Stabilize the population
(d) Decrease the population
14. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) The Tempest
(c) Romeo and Juliet
15. Who fathered John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
2. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
3. What does the Controller say that 'Our Ford' called himself whenever he was speaking of psychology?
4. What was the name of the character who gave Linda mescal often?
5. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)