|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
2. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
3. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
(a) Full of madness
(b) Full of misery
(c) Full of suicide
(d) Full of every kind of perversion
4. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(b) Rabble of children
(c) Obscene relationships
(d) Stifling rooms
5. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 214 years
(b) 23 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 125 years
6. What is soma?
(d) Hallucinogenic drug
7. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
8. Where does the director indicate he will send Bernard if there are more complaints about him?
(a) Santa Fe
(c) North pole
9. What does Linda tell John the difference is between mescal and soma?
(a) Soma makes you feel sick in the morning
(b) Mescal makes you feel happier when you take it
(c) Soma makes you feel happier when you take it
(d) Mescal makes you feel sick in the morning
10. When John was fifteen what skill was taught to him?
(a) How to prepare food
(b) How to hunt
(c) How to read
(d) How to work in clay
11. What on the reservation reminds Lenina of the Solidarity services?
(d) Older people
12. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
(a) It is not economical
(b) It requires them to consume more
(c) Lower castes cannot waste time in the country
(d) Love of nature is gratuitous
13. What worried Lenina when she was in Bernard's room with him?
(a) That he was too gloomy
(b) That they did not have enough soma
(c) That she was feeling too much
(d) That she was too plump
14. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
(a) DHC tour
(b) Savage reservation visit
(d) Women's heavyweight wrestling championship
15. Our Ford represents who?
(a) Herbert Ford
(b) Henry Ford
(c) Albus Ford
(d) Adolf Ford
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
2. Where does Bernard need to go to contact Mustapha Mond?
3. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
4. Who fathered John?
5. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)