|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
(b) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
(c) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
(d) Director of Hatching and Conditions
2. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
(c) Cold tortillas
3. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
4. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
(a) 4 weeks
(b) 4 days
(c) 4 years
(d) 4 months
5. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(b) Stifling rooms
(c) Rabble of children
(d) Obscene relationships
6. What is soma?
(b) Hallucinogenic drug
7. Which of the following items in Lenina's suitcase awes John?
(a) Sound of zippers
(b) Soft fabric
(c) Bright colors
(d) Amount of clothes
8. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(a) Emptier than ever
(c) Peace of consummation
9. Which of the following was a little boy of Polish speaking parents who lived with "Our Ford" while still on earth?
(a) Mustapha Mond
(b) Ivan Pavlov
(c) Reuben Rabinovich
(d) The Director
10. How long after the first T-Model was put on the market was hypnopaedia discovered?
(a) 214 years
(b) 25 years
(c) 125 years
(d) 23 years
11. What happens when John tried to join in the ceremonies?
(a) The others pushed him off of a cliff
(b) The others called him bad names
(c) The others threw stones at him
(d) He was allowed to join in
12. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
(a) He sits and waits for her to wake up
(b) He uses a rock to break the window
(c) He knocks louder to awaken her
(d) He leaves and plans to return later
13. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
(a) Full of every kind of perversion
(b) Full of suicide
(c) Full of madness
(d) Full of misery
14. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
15. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
(b) Our Ford
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Henry Foster
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sexophonists sound like?
2. Our Ford represents who?
3. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
4. What has isolated Helmholtz?
5. What makes John rush outside after watching Lenina sleep for awhile?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)