|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is soma?
(c) Hallucinogenic drug
2. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
3. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
(b) Director of Hatching and Conditions
(c) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
(d) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
4. What does Lenina wish she had while on the reservation?
(c) More time to spend on the reservation
(d) The director
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of people?
6. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Deep valley
(c) Cliff with a steep wall
(d) Mountain range
7. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(b) Trip to the north pole
(c) DHC tour
(d) Savage reservation visit
8. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
9. How does the Controller say that Our Ford described a world full of fathers?
(a) Full of suicide
(b) Full of every kind of perversion
(c) Full of madness
(d) Full of misery
10. What was often the only thing John was left with to eat?
(a) Cold tortillas
11. Where does this story take place?
(c) New York
12. Where do Lenina and Bernard plan to go?
(d) New Mexico
13. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Shot him in the shoulder
(b) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(c) Killed him
(d) Stabbed him in the stomach
14. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
15. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) Lenina requests to go there
(b) The director has ordered him to go there
(c) His job requires him to be there daily
(d) He is an alpha plus psychologist
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
2. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
3. How does Linda feel about seeing Lenina?
4. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
5. Which of the following is not an accurate descriptor for the figures who test the embryos for sex in the embryo store?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)