|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) Praise of the model T
(b) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
(c) The colors of the various castes
(d) The role they have been given
2. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
(a) Strawberry ice cream
(b) Strawberry ice cream soma
3. What is recovered from every corpse?
4. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She threw stones at him
(b) She waited and waited for him
(c) She called him bad names
(d) She married someone else
5. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
(a) He is not taller than them
(b) He is unhappy
(c) He is much taller than them
(d) He is not smarter than them
6. What do the sexophonists sound like?
(a) Saxophones wailing
(b) Moaning cats
(c) People singing
(d) Dogs howling
7. What does Linda tell John the difference is between mescal and soma?
(a) Mescal makes you feel sick in the morning
(b) Soma makes you feel happier when you take it
(c) Mescal makes you feel happier when you take it
(d) Soma makes you feel sick in the morning
8. How does Bernard feel at the end of chapter five?
(b) Emptier than ever
(d) Peace of consummation
9. Where is the savage reservation located?
(c) Santa Fe
(d) North pole
10. What is the aim of mass production?
(a) Stabilize the population
(b) Decrease the population
(c) Create utopia
(d) Increase the number of men
11. What happens when John tried to join in the ceremonies?
(a) He was allowed to join in
(b) The others called him bad names
(c) The others pushed him off of a cliff
(d) The others threw stones at him
12. What did John do to Pope when he found Pope stretched out on the bed beside his mother?
(a) Stabbed him in the stomach
(b) Stabbed him in the shoulder
(c) Shot him in the shoulder
(d) Killed him
13. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(b) Stifling rooms
(c) Rabble of children
(d) Obscene relationships
14. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
15. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Lenina Crowne
(b) Bernard Marx
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Fanny Crowne
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose idea was it to take John back to the 'other place'?
2. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
3. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
4. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
5. How does Lenina feel about the savage reservation?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)