|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
2. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
(a) 25 years
(b) 23 years
(c) 214 years
(d) 125 years
3. What indicates the change of shifts?
(a) 4000 electric clocks and voices calling
(b) 2000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(c) 4000 voices calling and some electric clocks
(d) 2000 electric clocks and voices calling
4. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
(a) Director's Office
(b) World Controller's Office
(d) New World
5. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
(a) Social education
(b) Moral education
(c) Operant conditioning
(d) Sleep teaching
6. What has isolated Helmholtz?
(b) Emotional status
(c) Physical stature
(d) Mental excess
7. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Pregnancy substitute
(b) Bottling controller
(d) Resident controller for Western Europe
8. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) He is an alpha plus psychologist
(b) His job requires him to be there daily
(c) Lenina requests to go there
(d) The director has ordered him to go there
9. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Fanny Crowne
(b) Mustapha Mond
(c) Bernard Marx
(d) Lenina Crowne
10. What is body mass been conditioned to represent?
(c) Caste level
11. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Mountain range
(b) Deep valley
(c) Cliff with a steep wall
12. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Julius Caesar
(d) The Tempest
13. Who was Lenina going to the north pole with?
14. Where does this story take place?
(c) New York
15. What does Lenina wish she had while on the reservation?
(b) The director
(c) More time to spend on the reservation
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
2. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
3. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
4. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
5. How do Solidarity Services generally end?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)