|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what caste level was the girl who the director took to the savage reservation?
2. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Fanny Crowne
(c) Lenina Crowne
(d) Mustapha Mond
3. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
(b) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
(c) Director of Hatching and Conditions
(d) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
4. What is recovered from every corpse?
5. How do Henry and Lenina travel?
6. What do the people at the Solidarity Service invite the Greater Being to do?
(a) Move them
(b) Save them
(c) Annihilate them
(d) Reinforce them
7. What does Lenina wish she had while on the reservation?
(b) The director
(d) More time to spend on the reservation
8. Where does this story take place?
(c) New York
9. What did Linda say mescal was similar to?
10. Which of the following did Lenina propose that she and Bernard complete on their first date?
(a) Trip to the north pole
(b) DHC tour
(d) Savage reservation visit
11. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
(a) Strawberry ice cream soma
(c) Strawberry ice cream
12. What does Bernard have every other Thursday?
(a) Solidarity service
(b) Recreation time
13. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
14. What does John think has happened when he goes to the rest house and no one answers?
(a) He thinks they are hurt
(b) He thinks they have left without him
(c) He thinks they are sleeping
(d) He thinks no one is home and is worried
15. Our Ford represents who?
(a) Adolf Ford
(b) Herbert Ford
(c) Albus Ford
(d) Henry Ford
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
2. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
3. Which type of education does the Director indicate should never be rational?
4. What can be found set out by nurses in the infant nurseries?
5. How many tablets of soma does Lenina take before going to bed?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)