|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is passed around as they say, " I drink to my annihilation" at the Solidarity Service?
(b) Strawberry ice cream soma
(c) Strawberry ice cream
2. What is Mustapha Mond's position?
(a) Bottling controller
(b) Resident controller for Western Europe
(d) Pregnancy substitute
3. Where do Bernard and Lenina return after leaving the reservation?
(a) World Controller's Office
(b) The other place
(c) The rest house
(d) Linda's hut
4. Which social class does Bernard belong to?
5. What type of play does one boy, who will now have to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology, refuse to do?
(a) Join in the game of centrifugal bumble-puppy
(b) Join in the appropriate class
(c) Join in ordinary erotic play
(d) Join in the hypnopaedia
6. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
(a) No one is happy
(b) Everyone is happy now
(c) Everyone is free
(d) Everyone is able to have a good time
7. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(a) Rabble of children
(b) Stifling rooms
(d) Obscene relationships
8. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Bernard Marx
(b) Mustapha Mond
(c) Lenina Crowne
(d) Fanny Crowne
9. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) Praise of the model T
(b) The colors of the various castes
(c) The role they have been given
(d) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
10. What does the man in the coyote mask do to the young boy of about eighteen?
(a) Throws snakes all over him
(b) Dances with him
(c) Lashes him with a whip
(d) Shrieks at him
11. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(a) Emotional engineer
(b) Highly intelligent
12. What does the abbreviation D.H.C. stand for?
(a) Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
(b) Dispatching Hatching and Conditions
(c) Director of Hatching and Conditions
(d) Dispatching Hatcheries and Conditions
13. What do the people at the Solidarity Service invite the Greater Being to do?
(a) Reinforce them
(b) Move them
(c) Annihilate them
(d) Save them
14. What does John's mother call the people she has been living with?
15. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She married someone else
(b) She waited and waited for him
(c) She called him bad names
(d) She threw stones at him
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
2. What does John do when he sees Lenina's suitcase through the window?
3. Which of the following is an average range of embryos which develop from one egg?
4. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
5. To whom does Bernard speak after telling his story several times?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)