|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of precipice as it is used in this chapter?
(a) Mountain range
(b) Cliff with a steep wall
(d) Deep valley
2. Where does Bernard call to tell the story of Linda and John?
(a) New World
(b) Director's Office
(d) World Controller's Office
3. Why has the doctor suggested a pregnancy substitute for Fanny?
(a) She is past the age of needing to complete one
(b) She wants a child of her own
(c) She has been feeling out of sorts lately
(d) She is of the appropriate age
4. What causes Helmholtz to become a marked man?
(a) His friendship with Bernard
(b) A lecture with rhymes on solitude
(c) His friendship with the savage
(d) A lecture on the savage
5. Which word best describes how the guests feel about Bernard when John refuses to come out of his room for the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
2. Which of the following characters notices Lenina's growing sadness and makes suggestions on possible treatments?
3. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
4. What do John, Helmholtz and Bernard often do together?
5. Which of the following is not one of the areas the controller says that God isn't compatible with?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)