|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
(a) He yells at Bernard
(b) He denies everything
(c) He attacks Bernard
(d) He rushes out of the room
2. Who is able to, surprisingly, quote from Shakespeare?
(a) Mustapha Mond
3. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
(a) Fanny Crowne
(b) Bernard Marx
(c) Mustapha Mond
(d) Lenina Crowne
4. Why is Bernard permitted to visit the Savage Reservation?
(a) The director has ordered him to go there
(b) His job requires him to be there daily
(c) Lenina requests to go there
(d) He is an alpha plus psychologist
5. Which of the following is a major instrument of social stability according to the director?
(a) Bokanovsky's process
(b) Arrested development
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes newly confident and lets some success go to his head?
2. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
3. At what age do the citizens of the civilization reach their end?
4. Which of the following characters tells Lenina to go to John and have him, not taking no for an answer?
5. Why is Bernard uncomfortable dealing with the lower castes?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)