|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernard want Helmholtz to go by his home?
(a) To turn off the tap of eau de cologne
(b) To pack his things so he can move to the reservation
(c) To check on the director's plan to send him to Iceland
(d) To check on his apartment
2. Which word best describes how Lenina views Bernard in chapter six?
3. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
(a) It requires them to consume more
(b) Lower castes cannot waste time in the country
(c) It is not economical
(d) Love of nature is gratuitous
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(a) Highly intelligent
(d) Emotional engineer
5. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) The role they have been given
(b) The colors of the various castes
(c) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
(d) Praise of the model T
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of play does one boy, who will now have to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology, refuse to do?
2. What did the first reformers offer to deliver them from?
3. Why did the director and the girl have to stay in the mountains overnight?
4. Which room is located on the ground floor?
5. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)