|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
(a) Individual thought
2. Which of the following is the result of the second lever thrown as the infants touch the materials put out by the nurses?
(a) Loud, shrieking alarm
(b) Electric shock along the floor
(c) Moral education lessons
(d) Hypnopaedia lessons
3. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
(a) 4 years
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 4 months
(d) 4 days
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(a) Emotional engineer
(d) Highly intelligent
5. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
(a) Love of nature is gratuitous
(b) Lower castes cannot waste time in the country
(c) It requires them to consume more
(d) It is not economical
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates the change of shifts?
2. Which of the following characters is one of the Ten World Controllers?
3. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
4. Hypnopaedia refers to which principle?
5. What game are the children playing when he takes his tour group outside?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)