|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of play does one boy, who will now have to see the Assistant Superintendent of Psychology, refuse to do?
(a) Join in the appropriate class
(b) Join in the hypnopaedia
(c) Join in ordinary erotic play
(d) Join in the game of centrifugal bumble-puppy
2. Which of the following best describes how Bernard feels?
3. Which of the following is the lowest caste of embryos?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Helmholtz Watson?
(a) Emotional engineer
(c) Highly intelligent
5. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
(a) Love of nature is gratuitous
(b) Lower castes cannot waste time in the country
(c) It requires them to consume more
(d) It is not economical
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after it was discovered was hypnopaedia officially used?
2. How long has Lenina been seeing Henry?
3. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
4. In what way does Henry say that everyone is equal?
5. What symbol does the Director make on his stomach when speaking of "Our Ford"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)