|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose books does John often read by not necessarily understand?
2. Which of the following is considered a threat to the State?
(c) Individual thought
3. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) The role they have been given
(b) Praise of the model T
(c) The colors of the various castes
(d) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
4. What happened to the girl that John loved?
(a) She waited and waited for him
(b) She threw stones at him
(c) She called him bad names
(d) She married someone else
5. What statement did children begin getting at age five according to Bernard?
(a) Everyone is free
(b) Everyone is able to have a good time
(c) No one is happy
(d) Everyone is happy now
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda announce that causes everyone to fall silent?
2. Why are the masses conditioned to hate the country but love all country sports?
3. Where did Lenina and Bernard finally go on their first date?
4. Which word describes how the director looks when he sees Linda for the first time after she has returned from the reservation?
5. What has isolated Helmholtz?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)