• The story opens with a tour to new students being given by the Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning (D.H.C.)
• The tour starts in the Fertilizing rooms where eggs are extracted and grown to stabilize the population.
• The eggs are then moved to the basement area when they become embryos
• Embryos are treated differently depending on which caste system they will fall into as adults.
• One of the main characters, Lenina is introduced as a purple-eyed nurse.
• The tour moves on to the nursery.
• In the nursery, the children are conditioned using electric shock through the floor to avoid books and flowers.
• The Director tells of the story of Reuben Rabinovich, who learned through his sleep.
• Hypnopaedia, sleep teaching, is employed in the nurseries.
• In dorms, children are conditioned to learn to be happy during their lives.
• Hypnopaedia is used to be the...
This section contains 2,013 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)