Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why one may see Brand as both an exceptional missionary and a destructive person. Compare and contrast both of these sides of Brand. Why do they seem to balance each other out so well? Or do they?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Brand's credo is "All or Nothing." Give three examples of Brand's confrontation with his credo and explain why the confrontation exists. Be sure to use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
The form that appears to Brand could be looked at as a pagan image. Discuss the different views that could be attached to this form- christian and/or pagan. How could one viewpoint undermine Brand's belief in God?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)