|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
2. As Einar leaves, Brand realizes something about him. What does Brand realize?
3. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
4. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
5. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several references to "light" throughout the play. Choose three examples and explain their relevance to the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relevance of where Brand chooses to live? What natural images appear at his home that are apparent throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that Brand, given the chance, could save all of mankind? Why or why not (religious beliefs aside)? Remember to base your response off textual evidence.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)