Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
A few times throughout the play Brand's strength weakens. Choose one of these instances and discuss the following:
1) What is happening to cause Brand's strength to falter?
2) What initial decision does Brand make regarding this issue?
3) What changes in Brand to force him to re-commit to his beliefs?
The Mayor and Brand are at war throughout the novel. Describe two of their arguments. Who do you believe to be the stronger man? Why do you believe this? Be sure to use textual evidence.
What is the relevance of where Brand chooses to live? What natural images appear at his home that are apparent throughout the play?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)