|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
2. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
3. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
4. What causes the avalanche at the end of the play?
5. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relevance of the "form" at the end of the play? What news does the "form" bring? What is Brand's reaction to the form?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why one may see Brand as both an exceptional missionary and a destructive person. Compare and contrast both of these sides of Brand. Why do they seem to balance each other out so well? Or do they?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes is seen by Brand as a sort of visionary. Choose two of her visions and explain their relevance to the play and Brand.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)