|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
2. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
3. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
4. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
Essay Topic 1
The Mayor and Brand are at war throughout the novel. Describe two of their arguments. Who do you believe to be the stronger man? Why do you believe this? Be sure to use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
What does Brand's credo of "All or Nothing" cost him throughout the play? Be sure to state the cost, what decision he was given regarding the credo, and the outcome of his decision.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why one may see Brand as both an exceptional missionary and a destructive person. Compare and contrast both of these sides of Brand. Why do they seem to balance each other out so well? Or do they?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)