|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
3. What does the Mayor tell Brand he should expect given his accomplishments for the church?
4. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
5. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Brand's credo of "All or Nothing" cost him throughout the play? Be sure to state the cost, what decision he was given regarding the credo, and the outcome of his decision.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relevance of Gerd's hawk? What does her hawk symbolize? What is the importance of the hawk to the meaning behind the play?
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, do you believe Brand to be Savior re-born? Give textual evidence to support reasoning as to why or why not.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)