|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
3. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
4. What do Brand's followers do once they believe that he has misled them?
5. What form appears to Brand after he has been chased from the hilltop by the congregation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the religious aspect (what the Mayor could be represented as) of the Mayor handing out food/supplies to the townspeople.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Gerd makes a startling statement about Brand. Explain what this statement is and why she believes it to be true.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relevance of Gerd's hawk? What does her hawk symbolize? What is the importance of the hawk to the meaning behind the play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)