Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
Essay Topic 1
What is the relevance of Gerd's hawk? What does her hawk symbolize? What is the importance of the hawk to the meaning behind the play?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Brand, given the chance, could save all of mankind? Why or why not (religious beliefs aside)? Remember to base your response off textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the several biblical references seen throughout the play. Discuss the biblical reference's importance to the play and the character.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)