|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
2. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
3. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
4. What two characters find Brand's followers on the hillside to persuade them to return home?
5. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brand has a sense of a divine mission given to him by God. Discuss 2-3 references throughout the play and how they point to Brand's calling.
Essay Topic 2
The form that appears to Brand could be looked at as a pagan image. Discuss the different views that could be attached to this form- christian and/or pagan. How could one viewpoint undermine Brand's belief in God?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes is seen by Brand as a sort of visionary. Choose two of her visions and explain their relevance to the play and Brand.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)