Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
Essay Topic 1
Brand has a sense of a divine mission given to him by God. Discuss 2-3 references throughout the play and how they point to Brand's calling.
Essay Topic 2
While the play is written from a Christian's view-point, many references are made to other god's. Find 2-3 of these references and discuss their importance to the play. Why do you believe that these images are included in a play that has a definite Christian tone?
Essay Topic 3
Agnes is seen by Brand as a sort of visionary. Choose two of her visions and explain their relevance to the play and Brand.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)