|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
2. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
3. What two characters find Brand's followers on the hillside to persuade them to return home?
4. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
5. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brand has a sense of a divine mission given to him by God. Discuss 2-3 references throughout the play and how they point to Brand's calling.
Essay Topic 2
Agnes is seen by Brand as a sort of visionary. Choose two of her visions and explain their relevance to the play and Brand.
Essay Topic 3
While the play is written from a Christian's view-point, many references are made to other god's. Find 2-3 of these references and discuss their importance to the play. Why do you believe that these images are included in a play that has a definite Christian tone?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)