|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
2. What do Brand's followers do once they believe that he has misled them?
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
4. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
5. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what does he claim the congregation does with God's flag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several references to "light" throughout the play. Choose three examples and explain their relevance to the play.
Essay Topic 2
What does Brand's credo of "All or Nothing" cost him throughout the play? Be sure to state the cost, what decision he was given regarding the credo, and the outcome of his decision.
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, do you believe Brand to be Savior re-born? Give textual evidence to support reasoning as to why or why not.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)