|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what are the weather conditions like?
2. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
3. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
4. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that Brand, given the chance, could save all of mankind? Why or why not (religious beliefs aside)? Remember to base your response off textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the several biblical references seen throughout the play. Discuss the biblical reference's importance to the play and the character.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Brand's credo is "All or Nothing." Give three examples of Brand's confrontation with his credo and explain why the confrontation exists. Be sure to use textual evidence.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)