|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
2. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
3. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
4. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
5. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1According to the play, do you believe Brand to be Savior re-born? Give textual evidence to support reasoning as to why or why not.
Essay Topic 2While the play is written from a Christian's view-point, many references are made to other god's. Find 2-3 of these references and discuss their importance to the play. Why do you believe that these images are included in a play that has a definite Christian tone?
Essay Topic 3Brand has a sense of a divine mission given to him by God. Discuss 2-3 references throughout the play and how they point to Brand's calling.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)