|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Mayor claim Brand has not won "this" battle?
2. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
3. After telling the congregation to leave, what does Brand do with the keys to the church?
4. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 2, what are Brand's followers doing as they follow him up the hillside?
5. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Brand's credo of "All or Nothing" cost him throughout the play? Be sure to state the cost, what decision he was given regarding the credo, and the outcome of his decision.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious aspect (what the Mayor could be represented as) of the Mayor handing out food/supplies to the townspeople.
Essay Topic 3
There are several references to "light" throughout the play. Choose three examples and explain their relevance to the play.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)