|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
2. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
3. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
4. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
5. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relevance of Gerd's hawk? What does her hawk symbolize? What is the importance of the hawk to the meaning behind the play?
Essay Topic 2
Agnes is seen by Brand as a sort of visionary. Choose two of her visions and explain their relevance to the play and Brand.
Essay Topic 3
While the play is written from a Christian's view-point, many references are made to other god's. Find 2-3 of these references and discuss their importance to the play. Why do you believe that these images are included in a play that has a definite Christian tone?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)