|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
(a) The flag of the setlement.
(b) The colors of the settlement.
(c) The order's cross.
(d) The pin from Alf's christening gown.
2. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) He has died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is still the same: very ill.
3. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To leave the settlement forever.
(b) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(c) To build.
(d) To become friends.
4. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
(a) That he is ill.
(b) That he is under a spell.
(c) That he has gone mad.
(d) That he has paired with the Devil.
5. What causes the avalanche at the end of the play?
(a) The congregation coming down the hillside after Brand.
(b) A rifle shot by Gerd.
(c) Brand throwing himself off the hilside.
(d) The ice-church sliding down the hillside.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
2. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
3. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
4. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
5. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)