|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Lights ten candles.
(b) Opens the outer doors.
(c) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
(d) Lights a single candle.
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
(a) Nail holes.
(b) Words carved into them.
(c) Nothing, they are not injured at all.
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
(a) The visitor was on fire.
(b) The visitor had no head.
(c) The visitor was frozen.
(d) The visitor was transparent.
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
(b) Because she is still distraught.
(c) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(d) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
2. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
3. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
4. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
5. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)