|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Focus on his family.
(b) Build a new home.
(c) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
(d) Cure the curse of poverty.
2. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
3. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
(a) The blessing of the church.
(b) Raising of the walls.
4. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
(a) Brand now holds the majority.
(b) The mayor is sick and cannot continue the battle.
(c) Brand has a bigger church.
(d) Brand has killed all of the mayor's followers.
5. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
(a) With the money he has earned on his own.
(b) With the money he gets from the congregation.
(c) With Agnes' money.
(d) With his mother's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the avalanche at the end of the play?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
3. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
4. What does Brand claim about his followers on their trek up the hillside?
5. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)