|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
(a) Alone in the caves by the fjord.
(b) Finding his salvation.
(c) Becoming a teacher.
(d) Wandering the countryside.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His son.
(c) His soul.
(d) His home.
3. What happens after Brand closes the church?
(a) The Dean begs Brand to reconsider.
(b) The congregation leaves and returns to town.
(c) The Mayor begs Brand to reconsider.
(d) The congregation still promises to follow him regardless of where.
4. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
5. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
(a) Clothes for her child.
(b) A confessional.
(c) A priest's blessing for her child.
(d) A burial for her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
2. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
3. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
4. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
5. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)