|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(a) The priests.
(b) No one else is named.
(d) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
2. Brand informs the Mayor of his own plans to build. Initially, what does the Mayor say about Brand's plans?
(a) He supports him completely.
(b) He says two building projects will not work.
(c) He tells Brand to go ahead and see who finishes first.
(d) He refuses to believe that Brand could accomplish the task.
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
(b) Nail holes.
(c) Words carved into them.
(d) Nothing, they are not injured at all.
4. How many people have come to the new church?
(b) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
5. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(a) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
2. What do Brand's followers do once they believe that he has misled them?
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
4. The congregation questions Brand about the length of the battle to come. What does Brand say will end their suffering?
5. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)