|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(d) The mayor.
2. What form appears to Brand after he has been chased from the hilltop by the congregation?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His soul.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
4. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A social hall.
(b) A dam.
(c) A prision.
(d) A lunatic asylum.
5. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
(a) The visitor had no head.
(b) The visitor was on fire.
(c) The visitor was frozen.
(d) The visitor was transparent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
2. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
3. What does Brand say about Mercy?
4. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
5. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)