|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
2. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
(a) His obligation to the Dean.
(b) His obligation to the settlement.
(c) His obligation to his family.
(d) His obligation to State.
3. What news does the new arrival to the hillside tell Brand's followers is reason to return to the settlement?
(a) That the Mayor has promised not to punish those who left with Brand.
(b) That the church is burning and they need help to put it out.
(c) That a new priest has come to take over the church.
(d) That the fish have returned to the fjord.
4. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
(c) The mayor.
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
2. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
3. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
4. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
5. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)