|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(b) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
(c) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(d) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
2. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
(a) She did not use her shawl to wrap the baby in.
(b) The bible to preside over the funeral.
(c) A mite to buy more candles.
(d) A bonnet.
3. Why does the Mayor claim Brand has not won "this" battle?
(a) The Mayor claims to have the upper hand.
(b) The Mayor claims to have knowledge of a sin Brand carries.
(c) The Mayor knows his flock.
(d) The Mayor says that he has sabbotaged the path Brand is on.
4. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
(a) The blessing of the church.
(c) Raising of the walls.
5. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
(c) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand say about Mercy?
2. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
3. What happens after Brand closes the church?
4. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
5. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)