|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A lunatic asylum.
(b) A prision.
(c) A dam.
(d) A social hall.
2. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) Gerd's life.
(b) The lives of the townsfolk.
(c) Agnes' life.
(d) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
3. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Focus on his family.
(b) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
(c) Build a new home.
(d) Cure the curse of poverty.
4. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
5. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
(a) Wrap the baby in her shawl so that he may bless it.
(b) Prepare the confessional for the woman.
(c) Give Alf's baby clothes to the woman.
(d) Prepare his clothes so that he may preside over the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
2. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
3. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
4. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
5. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)