|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) Two and a half years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) A year.
2. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
3. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
(a) Nothing...he believes it has all gone too far.
(b) Follow Brand up the mountain to keep the "flock from straying farther".
(c) Return to town to talk to the Mayor about what they are going to do with Brand.
(d) Become a member of Brand's "new" congregation.
5. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
(a) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
2. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
3. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
4. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
5. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)