|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand say about Mercy?
(a) It is paved by those who can afford to.
(b) It is paved with an alter-stone.
(c) It is paved with gold.
(d) It is paved with heartache.
2. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(b) The devil.
3. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
4. What happens after Brand closes the church?
(a) The Mayor begs Brand to reconsider.
(b) The congregation leaves and returns to town.
(c) The Dean begs Brand to reconsider.
(d) The congregation still promises to follow him regardless of where.
5. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
(a) She is a gypsy on the run.
(b) She needs shelter from the weather outside.
(c) She is a long-lost relative come to take her share in the willed money.
(d) She is lost and cannot find her way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
2. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
3. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
4. Brand informs the Mayor of his own plans to build. Initially, what does the Mayor say about Brand's plans?
5. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)