|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim about his followers on their trek up the hillside?
(a) "You all will perish before you reach the summit."
(b) "There is more than your fill for all."
(c) "You want the pay before the labour."
(d) That they are all on the right path now.
2. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
3. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Never. She likes the church as it is.
(b) Before fall.
(c) Before spring.
(d) Before summer.
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) His children.
(b) His soul.
(d) The entire home.
5. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
(a) That he has paired with the Devil.
(b) That he has gone mad.
(c) That he is ill.
(d) That he is under a spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
2. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
3. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
4. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
5. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)