|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding;
my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
(a) His soul.
(b) His church.
(c) His faith.
(d) His love.
2. What does the Mayor tell Brand he should expect given his accomplishments for the church?
(b) A new home.
(c) The pope offering him a cardinal position.
(d) A larger congregation than the church can handle.
3. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(d) The devil.
4. As Einar leaves, Brand realizes something about him. What does Brand realize?
(a) That Einar is the man he needs to help him.
(b) That he has failed all of humanity.
(c) That it was best that Einar left.
(d) That he was wrong in taking Agnes from Einar.
5. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(b) The townsfolk.
(c) Builders from another settlement.
(d) The prisoners of the town's jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
2. According to Brand, what is a corpse's only task?
3. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what does he claim the congregation does with God's flag?
4. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
5. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)