|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
(b) The truth.
(c) The future.
2. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two and a half years.
(c) A year.
(d) A year and a half.
3. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
4. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
5. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(b) The townsfolk.
(c) Builders from another settlement.
(d) The prisoners of the town's jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
2. After telling the congregation to leave, what does Brand do with the keys to the church?
3. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
4. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
5. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)