|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He is still the same: very ill.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He has gotten better.
(d) He has died.
2. What does Brand say about Mercy?
(a) It is paved with heartache.
(b) It is paved with an alter-stone.
(c) It is paved by those who can afford to.
(d) It is paved with gold.
3. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
4. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(c) The devil.
5. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Cure the curse of poverty.
(b) Focus on his family.
(c) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
(d) Build a new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
2. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
3. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
4. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what does he claim the congregation does with God's flag?
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)