|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The congregation questions Brand about the length of the battle to come. What does Brand say will end their suffering?
(a) Their belief in God.
(b) The fullfillment of their sacrifice: Nothing if not All.
(c) The building of a new church.
(d) Their blood and sweat.
2. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
(a) Leave him to think.
(b) Put out more candles.
(c) Stop with the festivities.
(d) Close the shades.
3. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
4. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
(a) To leave him and never come back.
(b) To never speak to Gerd again.
(c) To return to Einar.
(d) To never leave him.
5. What does Brand say about Mercy?
(a) It is paved by those who can afford to.
(b) It is paved with heartache.
(c) It is paved with gold.
(d) It is paved with an alter-stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
3. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
4. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)