|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
(a) The flag of the setlement.
(b) The pin from Alf's christening gown.
(c) The order's cross.
(d) The colors of the settlement.
2. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(a) The mayor.
3. What does the Mayor tell Brand he should expect given his accomplishments for the church?
(a) The pope offering him a cardinal position.
(c) A larger congregation than the church can handle.
(d) A new home.
4. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He is still the same: very ill.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has gotten better.
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) The entire home.
(b) His children.
(c) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
2. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what are the weather conditions like?
3. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
4. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
5. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)