|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 2, what are Brand's followers doing as they follow him up the hillside?
2. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
(a) That he has paired with the Devil.
(b) That he has gone mad.
(c) That he is under a spell.
(d) That he is ill.
3. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
(a) A confessional.
(b) A priest's blessing for her child.
(c) Clothes for her child.
(d) A burial for her husband.
4. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
(a) HIs courage.
(b) His congregation.
(c) His belief.
5. What causes the avalanche at the end of the play?
(a) Brand throwing himself off the hilside.
(b) A rifle shot by Gerd.
(c) The congregation coming down the hillside after Brand.
(d) The ice-church sliding down the hillside.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
2. What happens after Brand closes the church?
3. What does Brand say about Mercy?
4. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
5. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)