|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
(a) The suit coat that Brand wore when they married.
(b) The dress she wore when she married Brand.
(c) The funeral attire meant for Brand's mother.
(d) The cloak that Alf was christened in.
2. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
3. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(b) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(c) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(d) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
5. As Einar leaves, Brand realizes something about him. What does Brand realize?
(a) That he has failed all of humanity.
(b) That Einar is the man he needs to help him.
(c) That he was wrong in taking Agnes from Einar.
(d) That it was best that Einar left.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
2. According to Brand, what is a corpse's only task?
3. What causes the avalanche at the end of the play?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)