|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
(a) Follow Brand up the mountain to keep the "flock from straying farther".
(b) Return to town to talk to the Mayor about what they are going to do with Brand.
(c) Become a member of Brand's "new" congregation.
(d) Nothing...he believes it has all gone too far.
2. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
(a) His obligation to State.
(b) His obligation to the settlement.
(c) His obligation to the Dean.
(d) His obligation to his family.
3. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
4. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
(a) With his mother's money.
(b) With the money he gets from the congregation.
(c) With Agnes' money.
(d) With the money he has earned on his own.
5. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for Easter.
(b) Decorating for Christmas.
(c) Decorating for Halloween.
(d) Decorating for New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brand during his initial talk with the Dean, what must new houses find?
2. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
3. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
4. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
5. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)