|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A dam.
(b) A prision.
(c) A social hall.
(d) A lunatic asylum.
2. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To build.
(b) To leave the settlement forever.
(c) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(d) To become friends.
3. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Never. She likes the church as it is.
(b) Before spring.
(c) Before summer.
(d) Before fall.
4. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(a) The prisoners of the town's jail.
(c) Builders from another settlement.
(d) The townsfolk.
5. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
(a) That he must first find Einar.
(b) That he is not going to the church to give the sermon.
(c) That he will be there shortly.
(d) That he has sent for someone to take his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand is giving an impromptu sermon to the congregation, who does he claim is the "spirit of compromise?"
2. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
3. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what force of nature sends the congregation to gather around Brand?
4. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
5. Brand informs the Mayor of his own plans to build. Initially, what does the Mayor say about Brand's plans?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)