|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(a) The Devil.
2. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) The Devil's palace.
(b) God's window.
(c) Widow's place.
(d) Brimstone manor.
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Start any trouble.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Marry again.
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
(b) The man.
(d) The mayor.
5. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
(a) The second coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
2. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
3. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
5. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mayor say his intentions are now that the he has claimed the war is over?
2. What are the conditions of Brand receiving his mother's fortune?
3. What different attempts does Brand's mother make to get him to come to her on her deathbed?
4. What act of nature happens as Brand if giving the townsfolk and Mayor trouble about their predicament?
5. Why does Brand believe that Agnes is not honoring the Feast Day?
6. How did the townsfolk react to the old church being torn down?
7. Why do Einar and Agnes not see the precipice?
8. Why have some of the men of the settlement come to see Brand at the woman's house?
9. After Brand agrees that he and Agnes must leave their home, Brand changes his mind. Why?
10. Before the "opening" of the church, what happens after Brand shows his anger at the situation?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)