|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His son.
(b) His cow.
(c) His money.
2. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(b) A child.
(d) One other person.
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the town hall.
(c) To the fields.
(d) To church.
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) Running in the mountains.
(c) No where- she never feels safe.
(d) In church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
2. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
3. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
4. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agnes get upset with Brand's choice to stay at the settlement?
2. In the Mayor's mind, how does Brand throw a wrench in the Mayor's plan to build?
3. Gerd does not want Brand to go to the church in the valley. Why not? What church does Gerd want Brand to go to?
4. Why does the Man believe that Brand will not leave?
5. Why does Agnes choose to follow Brand instead of going with Einar?
6. After leaving Einar and Agnes, what does Brand recognize about the valley he has come to?
7. After decorating for Christmas, Agnes says that she is going to bring out all of her treasure. What does her treasure consist of?
8. Why does the Mayor need Brand's help in his building?
9. Why is Brand not excited about the new church?
10. What does Brand believe he has given up to be at this moment in life (the new church)?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)