|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(a) A child.
(b) One other person.
2. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Put her soul up for sale.
(b) Brought prasie to God.
(c) Cheated on his father.
(d) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(b) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
4. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A shameless scold.
(b) A savior.
(c) A demon.
(d) A dirty liar.
5. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(b) His money.
(c) His cow.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
3. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
5. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what readers find out about the fire at the Mayor's home and how he acts.
2. Before the "opening" of the church, what happens after Brand shows his anger at the situation?
3. Why does Agnes volunteer to go with Brand across the fjord when no one else will?
4. Why does Agnes choose to follow Brand instead of going with Einar?
5. What does the Mayor say his intentions are now that the he has claimed the war is over?
6. What lie does the Mayor tell the defectors that gets them to return to town?
7. Brand decides to help the woman whose husband needs a priest. What dangerous act must Brand perform to get to her home?
8. Agnes is distraught on Christmas Eve. Why?
9. What does Brand believe Agnes must do to complete her dependence on Alf's memory?
10. Why does Brand believe that Agnes is not honoring the Feast Day?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)