|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Marry again.
(c) Start any trouble.
(d) Abandon his children.
2. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(b) Searched for his money.
(c) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(d) Poisoned him.
3. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
4. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
5. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A rock.
(b) A bible.
(c) A bird.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
4. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the form that appears to Brand tells him.
2. Agnes is distraught on Christmas Eve. Why?
3. What does Brand's mother have to tell him about her fortune?
4. Brand decides to help the woman whose husband needs a priest. What dangerous act must Brand perform to get to her home?
5. Describe Einar's description of God.
6. Why does Brand get angry at the people who have chosen to follow him up the hillside?
7. What lie does the Mayor tell the defectors that gets them to return to town?
8. What is the Mayor really saying to Brand when talking to him about Brand's mother's fortune?
9. What does Brand believe he has given up to be at this moment in life (the new church)?
10. After the Doctor leaves, what does the Man who comes to visit Brand come to warn him of?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)