Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Lights ten candles.
(b) Opens the outer doors.
(c) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
(d) Lights a single candle.
3. What does Gerd see when see examines Brand's hands?
(a) Nail holes.
(b) Words carved into them.
(c) Nothing, they are not injured at all.
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
(a) The visitor was on fire.
(b) The visitor had no head.
(c) The visitor was frozen.
(d) The visitor was transparent.
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
(b) Because she is still distraught.
(c) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(d) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
6. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A prision.
(b) A social hall.
(c) A dam.
(d) A lunatic asylum.
7. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) A year and a half.
8. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to heal the dying.
(b) Her ability to push forward.
(c) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
(d) Her ability to see great things in small things.
9. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
(a) Bloodied and bruised.
(b) He is soaked to the bone from the storm.
(c) He has lost a limb.
(d) Perfect, nothing is wrong with him.
10. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
(a) That he will be there shortly.
(b) That he must first find Einar.
(c) That he is not going to the church to give the sermon.
(d) That he has sent for someone to take his place.
11. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
(a) She did not use her shawl to wrap the baby in.
(b) A mite to buy more candles.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) The bible to preside over the funeral.
12. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
(a) That she escaped from another town asylum.
(b) That she is his sister.
(c) That she is his aunt.
(d) That she will destroy their plans to re-build the church.
13. As Einar leaves, Brand realizes something about him. What does Brand realize?
(a) That it was best that Einar left.
(b) That he was wrong in taking Agnes from Einar.
(c) That he has failed all of humanity.
(d) That Einar is the man he needs to help him.
14. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(b) The entire home.
(c) His children.
(d) His soul.
15. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
(a) With Agnes' money.
(b) With his mother's money.
(c) With the money he gets from the congregation.
(d) With the money he has earned on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form appears to Brand after he has been chased from the hilltop by the congregation?
2. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
3. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
4. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
5. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)