|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their priest.
(b) To be their Mayor.
(c) To be their farmer.
(d) To be the prision guard.
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To church.
(c) To the town hall.
(d) To the fields.
5. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(a) The Devil.
6. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to the Devil.
(b) A debt to him.
(c) A debt to God.
(d) A debt to the bank.
7. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf is dead.
(b) Alf has ran away.
(c) Alf is very ill.
(d) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
8. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From church.
(b) Their childhood school.
(c) From the orphanage.
(d) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
9. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(b) Brand leaving forever.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
10. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
11. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Trees and flowers.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Rocks and mud.
12. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A shameless scold.
(b) A dirty liar.
(c) A demon.
(d) A savior.
13. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Cheated on his father.
(b) Put her soul up for sale.
(c) Brought prasie to God.
(d) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
14. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Sabotage the worship service.
(b) Become the priest.
(c) Become a member of the congregation.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
15. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
(d) The second coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
2. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
3. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
4. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)