Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. The play begins in what country?
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
A peasant and his son.
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
He will fall through the ice.
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
6. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
7. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
Because he does not know God.
8. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
9. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
Falling off a cliff.
10. Where are Einar and Agnes going...
This section contains 3,266 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)