|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
(a) The sacrificial day.
(b) The second coming.
(c) The Sabbath.
(d) The day they will be friends.
2. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(b) The Devil.
3. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A prision.
(b) A lunatic asylum.
(c) A social hall.
(d) A dam.
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Woman.
5. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) There is no one to go home to.
(b) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(c) Because she does not know him.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
2. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
5. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)