|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(a) To the fjord.
(d) To the mountains.
2. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
(a) Alone in the caves by the fjord.
(b) Wandering the countryside.
(c) Becoming a teacher.
(d) Finding his salvation.
3. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be their Mayor.
(c) To be the prision guard.
(d) To be their priest.
4. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
(a) Because he did not leave.
(b) Because he is with Agnes.
(c) Because he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because he crossed the fjord during the storm.
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) No one- he is alone.
(c) A peasant and his son.
(d) His wife and a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
2. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
4. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
5. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)