|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
(a) Brand must stay with Alf.
(b) Brand will not go unless he has been personally called for.
(c) Brand has to deliver communion.
(d) Brand does not like the doctor and will not go anywhere with him.
2. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He died because of the famine.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(d) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
3. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
(a) He has lost a limb.
(b) Bloodied and bruised.
(c) Perfect, nothing is wrong with him.
(d) He is soaked to the bone from the storm.
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A sin.
(d) A pleasure.
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(b) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
4. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)