|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the settlement.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the ice church.
2. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
(c) The mayor.
3. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
(a) A bonnet.
(b) A mite to buy more candles.
(c) She did not use her shawl to wrap the baby in.
(d) The bible to preside over the funeral.
4. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
(a) Nothing, There is nothing that can save Alf.
(b) Go to see the voodoo healer in the next village.
(c) Leave his home and find somewhere sunnier and warmer.
(d) Perform a blood transfusion, something Brand refuses because of his religion.
5. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A prayer.
(b) His help.
(c) His words.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
4. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)