|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(b) To marry Gerd.
(c) To give up the priesthood.
(d) To give up his son like Isaac.
2. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Cure the curse of poverty.
(b) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
(c) Build a new home.
(d) Focus on his family.
3. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
4. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The townsfolk.
(b) Brand's son.
(d) The hawk.
5. As Brand is giving an impromptu sermon to the congregation, who does he claim is the "spirit of compromise?"
(a) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
4. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
5. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)