|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Throw it to the winds.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Give it to his brother.
2. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(b) Searched for his money.
(c) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(d) Poisoned him.
3. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A shameless scold.
(b) A dirty liar.
(c) A savior.
(d) A demon.
4. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The mayor.
(d) The Man.
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "Was I priest or father first?"
(b) "I know you won't deceive us."
(c) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(d) "You've got the call, see!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
4. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
5. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)