|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Put her soul up for sale.
(b) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(c) Brought prasie to God.
(d) Cheated on his father.
2. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
(a) Not speak to her about Alf.
(b) Stop talking to her at all.
(c) Continue with the coldness.
(d) Speak gently.
3. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(b) The Woman.
4. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) There is no one to go home to.
(b) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(c) Because she does not know him.
(d) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
5. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To leave the settlement forever.
(b) To build.
(c) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(d) To become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
2. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
4. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
5. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)