|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim about his followers on their trek up the hillside?
(a) "You want the pay before the labour."
(b) That they are all on the right path now.
(c) "You all will perish before you reach the summit."
(d) "There is more than your fill for all."
2. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(a) The priests.
(b) No one else is named.
(d) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
3. What does Brand say about Mercy?
(a) It is paved with heartache.
(b) It is paved with an alter-stone.
(c) It is paved by those who can afford to.
(d) It is paved with gold.
4. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
2. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
3. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
4. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
5. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)