|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(b) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
(c) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(d) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
2. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(b) To the fjord.
(c) To the mountains.
3. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what are the weather conditions like?
(a) It is sunny and mild.
(b) A storm has just ended and a rainbow can be seen.
(c) A storm is coming.
(d) It is hailing.
4. What do Brand's followers do once they believe that he has misled them?
(a) They throw stones at him.
(b) They push him off of the hillside.
(c) They arrest him and put him in the prison.
(d) They pass word throughout the land not to trst him.
5. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has gotten better.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is still the same: very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
2. What does Brand call his childhood home?
3. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
4. What does Brand claim about his followers on their trek up the hillside?
5. How does Brand think Einar see God?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)