|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 2, what are Brand's followers doing as they follow him up the hillside?
2. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
(a) HIs courage.
(b) His congregation.
(d) His belief.
3. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
(a) He is waiting for news of his mother.
(b) He is waiting for a doctor.
(c) He is waiting for the ships to come in.
(d) He is waiting for his son to return from war.
4. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) No one- he is alone.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) A peasant and his son.
(d) His wife and a maid.
5. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
2. According to Brand, what is a corpse's only task?
3. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
4. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
5. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)