|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(b) To insure he has "incited the flock."
(c) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(d) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
2. What form appears to Brand after he has been chased from the hilltop by the congregation?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To cleanse their souls.
(b) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(c) To the funeral he is to preside over.
(d) To the mountains to elope.
4. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A demon.
(c) An idol.
(d) A god.
5. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
(a) Bloodied and bruised.
(b) Perfect, nothing is wrong with him.
(c) He has lost a limb.
(d) He is soaked to the bone from the storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
2. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
3. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
4. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
5. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)