|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for New Year's Day.
(b) Decorating for Christmas.
(c) Decorating for Easter.
(d) Decorating for Halloween.
2. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) He does not recognize the land at all.
(d) It looks smaller than he remembers.
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(b) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(c) There is no one to go home to.
(d) Because she does not know him.
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To cleanse their souls.
(b) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(c) To the mountains to elope.
(d) To the funeral he is to preside over.
5. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) A god.
(c) A lamb.
(d) An idol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
2. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
3. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
4. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
5. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)