|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Brand closes the church?
(a) The congregation leaves and returns to town.
(b) The Dean begs Brand to reconsider.
(c) The congregation still promises to follow him regardless of where.
(d) The Mayor begs Brand to reconsider.
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand leaving forever.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(d) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
3. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(d) No one- he is alone.
4. After telling the congregation to leave, what does Brand do with the keys to the church?
(a) Throws them into a fire.
(b) Hands them to the Dean.
(c) Hands them to the Mayor.
(d) Throws them into the river.
5. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(a) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
3. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)