|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Brand's mother is dying.
(b) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(c) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(d) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
2. During Brand's conversation with the Mayor about his inheritance, what does Brand realize the Mayor is saying?
(a) The Mayor wants to confiscate Brand's inheritance.
(b) The Mayor wants him to leave Agnes and marry his daughter.
(c) The Mayor wants him to leave the settlement.
(d) The Mayor wants him to convince his mother to give all of her money to the town.
3. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
(a) He has lost a limb.
(b) He is soaked to the bone from the storm.
(c) Perfect, nothing is wrong with him.
(d) Bloodied and bruised.
4. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
(a) The suit coat that Brand wore when they married.
(b) The funeral attire meant for Brand's mother.
(c) The dress she wore when she married Brand.
(d) The cloak that Alf was christened in.
5. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
(a) He only answers to God and not the congregation.
(b) His beleifs are too stern.
(c) He is mad.
(d) His faith is not true.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
2. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
4. What form appears to Brand after he has been chased from the hilltop by the congregation?
5. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)