|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Act 5, Scene 3, what is Brand's appearance?
(a) Perfect, nothing is wrong with him.
(b) Bloodied and bruised.
(c) He has lost a limb.
(d) He is soaked to the bone from the storm.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(b) His home.
(c) His son.
3. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
(a) Brand claims he is "at war with Nature's stubbornness."
(b) Brand claims: "it's thanks to me the population has made a two, nigh three-fold rise."
(c) Brand claims: "A man can't choose his calling's sphere."
(d) Brand claims to still need to "bring some order and cleanse the people's rampant sin."
4. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(b) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(c) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
(d) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(b) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
3. What two characters find Brand's followers on the hillside to persuade them to return home?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)