|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is giving an impromptu sermon to the congregation, who does he claim is the "spirit of compromise?"
(c) The mayor.
2. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(b) Because she does not know him.
(c) There is no one to go home to.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
3. The play begins in what country?
4. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(d) A horse.
5. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A social hall.
(b) A prision.
(c) A lunatic asylum.
(d) A dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the congregation pours into the church to find Brand, what do the priests claim is wrong with him?
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
3. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
4. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
5. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)