|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(b) Because she is still distraught.
(c) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
(d) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
2. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
3. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand leaving forever.
(d) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
4. Why does the Mayor claim Brand has not won "this" battle?
(a) The Mayor claims to have knowledge of a sin Brand carries.
(b) The Mayor knows his flock.
(c) The Mayor claims to have the upper hand.
(d) The Mayor says that he has sabbotaged the path Brand is on.
5. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A social hall.
(b) A dam.
(c) A lunatic asylum.
(d) A prision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
2. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
3. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
4. What two characters find Brand's followers on the hillside to persuade them to return home?
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)