|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(b) The Devil.
2. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "I know you won't deceive us."
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(d) "Was I priest or father first?"
3. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The hawk.
(c) The townsfolk.
(d) Brand's son.
4. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A god.
(b) A lamb.
(c) An idol.
(d) A demon.
5. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(b) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(c) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brand's followers do once they believe that he has misled them?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
3. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
5. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)