|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(b) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(c) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(d) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
4. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
(a) The dress she wore when she married Brand.
(b) The cloak that Alf was christened in.
(c) The funeral attire meant for Brand's mother.
(d) The suit coat that Brand wore when they married.
5. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand say about Mercy?
2. As Brand is giving an impromptu sermon to the congregation, who does he claim is the "spirit of compromise?"
3. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
5. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)