|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf is very ill.
(b) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(c) Alf is dead.
(d) Alf has ran away.
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Scraps of food.
(b) Weapons to kill him.
(c) A new boat.
3. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
(a) The flag of the setlement.
(b) The pin from Alf's christening gown.
(c) The colors of the settlement.
(d) The order's cross.
4. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to the bank.
(c) A debt to the Devil.
(d) A debt to him.
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) A peasant and his son.
(d) No one- he is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
3. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
4. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
5. According to Brand, what is a corpse's only task?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)