|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
(a) Perform a blood transfusion, something Brand refuses because of his religion.
(b) Leave his home and find somewhere sunnier and warmer.
(c) Go to see the voodoo healer in the next village.
(d) Nothing, There is nothing that can save Alf.
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand leaving forever.
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(c) His son.
(d) His home.
4. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(a) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
(b) The priests.
(d) No one else is named.
5. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
(a) That he has sent for someone to take his place.
(b) That he must first find Einar.
(c) That he is not going to the church to give the sermon.
(d) That he will be there shortly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
3. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)