|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
(a) She is a gypsy on the run.
(b) She is a long-lost relative come to take her share in the willed money.
(c) She needs shelter from the weather outside.
(d) She is lost and cannot find her way home.
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
3. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
(a) Go to see the voodoo healer in the next village.
(b) Leave his home and find somewhere sunnier and warmer.
(c) Perform a blood transfusion, something Brand refuses because of his religion.
(d) Nothing, There is nothing that can save Alf.
4. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
(a) The mayor and Gerd.
(c) The devil.
(d) His mother's corpse and his flock of souls.
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
3. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
4. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
5. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)