|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(b) Brand's mother is dying.
(c) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(d) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His son.
(b) His money.
(c) His cow.
3. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
(a) Go to the bank and take out a loan.
(b) Give up everything she has.
(c) Give her tithes to the church.
(d) Nothing- she is too far gone.
4. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
(a) The pin from Alf's christening gown.
(b) The colors of the settlement.
(c) The order's cross.
(d) The flag of the setlement.
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
2. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
3. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
4. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
5. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)