|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A pleasure.
(c) A sin.
(d) A miracle.
2. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
3. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(b) Alf has ran away.
(c) Alf is dead.
(d) Alf is very ill.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(d) The sun and the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
2. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
3. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
4. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
5. According to Brand during his initial talk with the Dean, what must new houses find?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)