|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(d) The devil.
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His son.
(c) His cow.
(d) His money.
3. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has died.
(b) He is still the same: very ill.
(c) He has gotten better.
(d) He ran away.
4. According to Brand during his initial talk with the Dean, what must new houses find?
(b) New followers.
(c) New tenants.
(d) The faithful.
5. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(b) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
2. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
3. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
4. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
5. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)