|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A miracle.
(c) A pleasure.
(d) A sin.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(b) His son.
(d) His home.
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
(b) Because she is still distraught.
(c) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(d) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
5. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
(a) Brand does not like the doctor and will not go anywhere with him.
(b) Brand must stay with Alf.
(c) Brand will not go unless he has been personally called for.
(d) Brand has to deliver communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
2. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
3. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
4. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)