|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(a) Builders from another settlement.
(b) The townsfolk.
(d) The prisoners of the town's jail.
2. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
(a) She did not use her shawl to wrap the baby in.
(b) A mite to buy more candles.
(c) The bible to preside over the funeral.
(d) A bonnet.
3. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To leave the settlement forever.
(b) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(c) To become friends.
(d) To build.
4. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(b) As a child.
(c) As a cripple.
(d) As a young, strong man.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(d) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
2. After informing Brand of his mother's death, what does the doctor tell Brand that their generation is concerned with?
3. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
4. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
5. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)