|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A god.
(c) An idol.
(d) A demon.
2. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Focus on his family.
(b) Cure the curse of poverty.
(c) Build a new home.
(d) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
3. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(a) The Woman's husband.
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) Because she is still distraught.
(b) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(c) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
(d) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
2. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
3. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)