|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A savior.
(c) A shameless scold.
(d) A demon.
2. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for New Year's Day.
(b) Decorating for Easter.
(c) Decorating for Christmas.
(d) Decorating for Halloween.
3. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
(a) His obligation to the settlement.
(b) His obligation to his family.
(c) His obligation to State.
(d) His obligation to the Dean.
4. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) A year.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Two years.
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
(a) They are deaf.
(b) They are helpless.
(c) They do not really care.
(d) They are blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
2. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
3. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
4. What does the Mayor tell Brand he should expect given his accomplishments for the church?
5. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)