|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
(a) "Light the lifting, hard the bearing."
(b) "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
(c) "A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
(d) "He makes his home where the living is best."
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(b) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(c) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(d) "You've got the call, see!"
3. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
4. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To insure he has "incited the flock."
(b) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(c) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
(d) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
5. What does the Mayor tell Brand he should expect given his accomplishments for the church?
(a) The pope offering him a cardinal position.
(b) A larger congregation than the church can handle.
(c) A new home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church care about?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
3. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)