|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
(a) The visitor had no head.
(b) The visitor was frozen.
(c) The visitor was transparent.
(d) The visitor was on fire.
2. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
(a) Speak gently.
(b) Not speak to her about Alf.
(c) Continue with the coldness.
(d) Stop talking to her at all.
3. When Brand is reunited with Einar, where does Einar say he has been?
(a) Alone in the caves by the fjord.
(b) Finding his salvation.
(c) Wandering the countryside.
(d) Becoming a teacher.
4. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
5. The play begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
2. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
3. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
4. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)