|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
2. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(b) Searched for his money.
(c) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(d) Poisoned him.
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(d) His soul.
4. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for Easter.
(b) Decorating for Halloween.
(c) Decorating for New Year's Day.
(d) Decorating for Christmas.
5. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To build.
(b) To leave the settlement forever.
(c) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(d) To become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
3. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
4. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
5. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)