|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To leave the settlement forever.
(b) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(c) To build.
(d) To become friends.
2. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding;
my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
(a) His love.
(b) His church.
(c) His faith.
(d) His soul.
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A prision.
(b) A social hall.
(c) A lunatic asylum.
(d) A dam.
5. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
3. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
5. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)