|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) A god.
(c) An idol.
(d) A lamb.
2. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His soul.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
3. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
(a) A gold cup, a poem, and an olive branch.
(b) A speech, an olive branch, and a dove.
(c) A bronze cup, a poem, and a song.
(d) A silver cup, a song, and a speech.
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The Mayor.
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
2. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
3. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
4. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)