|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Before spring.
(b) Before summer.
(c) Before fall.
(d) Never. She likes the church as it is.
2. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
(a) The Sabbath.
(b) The sacrificial day.
(c) The day they will be friends.
(d) The second coming.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(c) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
4. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To give up the priesthood.
(b) To marry Gerd.
(c) To give up his son like Isaac.
(d) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(b) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(c) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(d) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
2. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
3. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
4. According to Brand during his initial talk with the Dean, what must new houses find?
5. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)