|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
(a) That she is his aunt.
(b) That she will destroy their plans to re-build the church.
(c) That she escaped from another town asylum.
(d) That she is his sister.
2. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to the Devil.
(c) A debt to him.
(d) A debt to the bank.
3. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
4. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
(a) The devil.
(b) His mother's corpse and his flock of souls.
(d) The mayor and Gerd.
5. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because everyone is full of sin.
(b) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(c) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(d) Because God asks too much of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
3. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
4. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
5. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)