|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play begins in what country?
2. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
(c) The second coming.
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bible.
(b) A rock.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A bird.
4. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
(a) A snake.
(b) A prisioner.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A shipwrecked man.
5. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
(a) Losing Brand due to illness.
(b) Losing her sanity by living in the mountains.
(c) Losing thier son due to ilness.
(d) Losing the wealth promised by Brand's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
2. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
4. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
5. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)