|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His cow.
(b) His money.
(d) His son.
2. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To give up his son like Isaac.
(b) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(c) To marry Gerd.
(d) To give up the priesthood.
3. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The doctor.
4. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) Widow's place.
(b) The Devil's palace.
(c) Brimstone manor.
(d) God's window.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will trip on the underbrush.
(c) He will die from pneumonia.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
2. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
3. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
4. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
5. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)