|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Give it to his brother.
(b) Throw it to the winds.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
2. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(c) The Woman's husband.
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(b) It looks abandoned.
(c) He does not recognize the land at all.
(d) It looks larger than he remembers.
4. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
(a) The second coming.
(b) The day they will be friends.
(c) The sacrificial day.
(d) The Sabbath.
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
2. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
5. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)