|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
(a) He is waiting for news of his mother.
(b) He is waiting for his son to return from war.
(c) He is waiting for the ships to come in.
(d) He is waiting for a doctor.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) A peasant and his son.
(b) His wife and a maid.
(c) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(d) No one- he is alone.
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(b) His children.
(c) His soul.
(d) The entire home.
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(b) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(c) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(d) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their Mayor.
(b) To be their farmer.
(c) To be the prision guard.
(d) To be their priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
3. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)