|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His money.
(b) His son.
(c) His cow.
3. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
5. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
(a) She is lost and cannot find her way home.
(b) She is a long-lost relative come to take her share in the willed money.
(c) She is a gypsy on the run.
(d) She needs shelter from the weather outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. How many people have come to the new church?
3. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
4. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
5. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)