|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
(b) Lights a single candle.
(c) Lights ten candles.
(d) Opens the outer doors.
2. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) The preacher has left.
(b) That the mayor has died.
(c) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(d) That Brand's mother has died.
3. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Put her soul up for sale.
(b) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(c) Cheated on his father.
(d) Brought prasie to God.
4. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
(a) The devil.
(b) His mother's corpse and his flock of souls.
(d) The mayor and Gerd.
5. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her heart's root.
(d) Her vast wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
4. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
5. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)