|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A lunatic asylum.
(b) A dam.
(c) A prision.
(d) A social hall.
2. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A reindeer.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A lion.
3. After informing Brand of his mother's death, what does the doctor tell Brand that their generation is concerned with?
(b) Rods of flame.
4. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
(a) Brand claims: "it's thanks to me the population has made a two, nigh three-fold rise."
(b) Brand claims he is "at war with Nature's stubbornness."
(c) Brand claims to still need to "bring some order and cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(d) Brand claims: "A man can't choose his calling's sphere."
5. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
(a) Speak gently.
(b) Continue with the coldness.
(c) Not speak to her about Alf.
(d) Stop talking to her at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
3. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
5. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)