|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
(a) The truth.
(d) The future.
2. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(c) Away from danger.
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
4. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(c) The fjord.
5. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
(a) The day they will be friends.
(b) The sacrificial day.
(c) The Sabbath.
(d) The second coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
2. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
3. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)