|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(c) The Woman.
2. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
(a) The visitor had no head.
(b) The visitor was transparent.
(c) The visitor was frozen.
(d) The visitor was on fire.
3. During Brand's conversation with the Mayor about his inheritance, what does Brand realize the Mayor is saying?
(a) The Mayor wants to confiscate Brand's inheritance.
(b) The Mayor wants him to leave Agnes and marry his daughter.
(c) The Mayor wants him to convince his mother to give all of her money to the town.
(d) The Mayor wants him to leave the settlement.
4. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(c) One other person.
(d) A child.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(b) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
2. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
3. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
5. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)