|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
(a) Brand claims: "A man can't choose his calling's sphere."
(b) Brand claims: "it's thanks to me the population has made a two, nigh three-fold rise."
(c) Brand claims he is "at war with Nature's stubbornness."
(d) Brand claims to still need to "bring some order and cleanse the people's rampant sin."
2. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
(a) Her poverty.
(c) Her vast wealth.
(d) Her heart's root.
3. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
4. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(a) The Woman.
5. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for New Year's Day.
(b) Decorating for Christmas.
(c) Decorating for Halloween.
(d) Decorating for Easter.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
2. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
3. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
4. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
5. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)