|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) Because she does not know him.
(b) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(c) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(d) There is no one to go home to.
2. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
(a) The bible to preside over the funeral.
(b) A mite to buy more candles.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) She did not use her shawl to wrap the baby in.
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(b) Poisoned him.
(c) Searched for his money.
(d) Nothing-she was never by his side.
4. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(b) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(c) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A dog.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
2. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
4. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
5. The mayor comes to visit Brand claiming that he has been beaten. Why has Brand won the war?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)