|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(b) His son.
(c) His cow.
(d) His money.
2. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
(b) The devil.
3. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That Brand's mother has died.
(b) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That the mayor has died.
4. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(b) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(c) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(d) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
5. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
(a) "A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
(b) "He makes his home where the living is best."
(c) "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
(d) "Light the lifting, hard the bearing."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
2. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
3. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
4. After informing Brand of his mother's death, what does the doctor tell Brand that their generation is concerned with?
5. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)