|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Trees and flowers.
(b) Rocks and mud.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Branches and twine.
2. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(d) The Devil.
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(b) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(c) Brand's mother is dying.
(d) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To church.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the fields.
(d) To the town hall.
5. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
(a) "Light the lifting, hard the bearing."
(b) "A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
(c) "He makes his home where the living is best."
(d) "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
4. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
5. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)