|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(b) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
(c) Because she is still distraught.
(d) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
2. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(b) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(c) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(d) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
3. While Brand and the Mayor are discussing different building hopes, what does Brand think is needed most?
(a) A social hall.
(b) A prision.
(c) A lunatic asylum.
(d) A dam.
4. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
(a) "My son will gain nothing from my death!"
(b) "Not only will God forgive me, my son will as well!"
(c) "God's not hardhearted, like my son!"
(d) "I have given all that I am willing to give!"
5. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
(a) Wrap the baby in her shawl so that he may bless it.
(b) Prepare the confessional for the woman.
(c) Prepare his clothes so that he may preside over the funeral.
(d) Give Alf's baby clothes to the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
2. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
3. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
4. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)