|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
(a) She needs shelter from the weather outside.
(b) She is lost and cannot find her way home.
(c) She is a long-lost relative come to take her share in the willed money.
(d) She is a gypsy on the run.
2. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her vast wealth.
(c) Her heart's root.
3. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
5. What does the Mayor decide to do to help Brand in the building of the church?
(a) The blessing of the church.
(d) Raising of the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
5. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)