|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
2. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
(b) His mother's corpse and his flock of souls.
(c) The devil.
(d) The mayor and Gerd.
3. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
(a) To build.
(b) To become friends.
(c) To take Agnes away to start anew.
(d) To leave the settlement forever.
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Abandon his children.
(b) Start any trouble.
(c) Marry again.
(d) Leave town.
5. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
(a) Wrap the baby in her shawl so that he may bless it.
(b) Prepare the confessional for the woman.
(c) Give Alf's baby clothes to the woman.
(d) Prepare his clothes so that he may preside over the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
2. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
4. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)