|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
(a) "A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
(b) "He makes his home where the living is best."
(c) "Light the lifting, hard the bearing."
(d) "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
2. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A horse.
3. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
(a) Losing thier son due to ilness.
(b) Losing her sanity by living in the mountains.
(c) Losing Brand due to illness.
(d) Losing the wealth promised by Brand's mother.
4. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Build a new home.
(b) Focus on his family.
(c) Cure the curse of poverty.
(d) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
5. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
(a) Nothing, There is nothing that can save Alf.
(b) Perform a blood transfusion, something Brand refuses because of his religion.
(c) Leave his home and find somewhere sunnier and warmer.
(d) Go to see the voodoo healer in the next village.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
2. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
3. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
5. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)