|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand say about Mercy?
(a) It is paved with heartache.
(b) It is paved with gold.
(c) It is paved by those who can afford to.
(d) It is paved with an alter-stone.
2. During Agnes' decorating, she states that she is dreaming. What does Brand claim dreams are "beset with?"
(b) The truth.
(c) The future.
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(d) Away from danger.
4. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
(b) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(c) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(d) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
5. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to the bank.
(b) A debt to God.
(c) A debt to him.
(d) A debt to the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
2. What do Brand and Agnes find out about the woman who has rushed into their home?
3. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
5. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)