|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(c) Away from danger.
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their priest.
(b) To be their farmer.
(c) To be the prision guard.
(d) To be their Mayor.
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) The Mayor.
4. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(a) The prisoners of the town's jail.
(b) Builders from another settlement.
(c) The townsfolk.
5. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
(a) "A drowning man is not troubled by rain."
(b) "A broken hand works, but not a broken heart."
(c) "Light the lifting, hard the bearing."
(d) "He makes his home where the living is best."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
2. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)