|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(b) Gambled away their savings.
(c) Killed a neighbor.
(d) Killed their child.
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) The Mayor.
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Trees and flowers.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) Branches and twine.
(d) Rocks and mud.
5. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Brand.
(b) Stay with Einar.
(c) Stay with Gerd.
(d) Stay with Brand's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
2. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
4. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)