|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(d) A horse.
2. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A lion.
(d) A hawk.
4. During Brand's contemplation of the Mayor's visit, what word does he say "slips smoothly enough from off the lips?"
5. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
2. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
3. Agnes claims that she has given all in regard to Brand's request. What has she kept, and therefore, lied about?
4. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
5. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)