|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) His wife and a maid.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) A peasant and his son.
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(b) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(c) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(d) He died because of the famine.
4. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
(a) Agnes and Alf.
(b) Gerd and the Ice Church.
(c) His mother's love.
(d) His position as Mayor of the settlement.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To church.
(c) To the town hall.
(d) To the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mayor asks Brand of his intentions in Act 4, Part 2. What does Brand say his intentions are?
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
5. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)