|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
(a) Losing the wealth promised by Brand's mother.
(b) Losing thier son due to ilness.
(c) Losing her sanity by living in the mountains.
(d) Losing Brand due to illness.
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand leaving forever.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(c) By blackmailing him.
(d) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Abandon his children.
(b) Marry again.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Start any trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
2. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)