|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
(a) The second coming.
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the settlement.
(d) To the ice church.
3. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Give it to his brother.
(b) Throw it to the winds.
(c) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(d) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
4. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(b) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(c) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(d) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) The Devil.
(d) Their sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
5. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)