|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To cleanse their souls.
(b) To the mountains to elope.
(c) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(d) To the funeral he is to preside over.
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(b) Because God asks too much of them.
(c) Because everyone is full of sin.
(d) Because no man is willing to give "All."
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Marry again.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Start any trouble.
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(c) It is his childhood homeland.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To Agnes' hometown.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To Einar's hometown.
(d) To the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
3. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)