|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Wild animals.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bird.
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Killed a neighbor.
(b) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(c) Killed their child.
(d) Gambled away their savings.
5. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
3. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
5. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)