|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Brand's conversation with the Mayor about his inheritance, what does Brand realize the Mayor is saying?
(a) The Mayor wants him to leave Agnes and marry his daughter.
(b) The Mayor wants him to leave the settlement.
(c) The Mayor wants him to convince his mother to give all of her money to the town.
(d) The Mayor wants to confiscate Brand's inheritance.
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Killed their child.
(b) Killed a neighbor.
(c) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(d) Gambled away their savings.
3. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
(a) Because he crossed the fjord during the storm.
(b) Because he is with Agnes.
(c) Because he did not leave.
(d) Because he forgot to pay for her food.
4. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Rocks and mud.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) Branches and twine.
(d) Trees and flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)