|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(b) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(c) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(d) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because God asks too much of them.
(b) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(c) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(d) Because everyone is full of sin.
3. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To the mountains to elope.
(b) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(c) To cleanse their souls.
(d) To the funeral he is to preside over.
5. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
2. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
3. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
4. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)