|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
(a) He is waiting for his son to return from war.
(b) He is waiting for a doctor.
(c) He is waiting for the ships to come in.
(d) He is waiting for news of his mother.
2. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
3. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(b) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(c) Because everyone is full of sin.
(d) Because God asks too much of them.
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) The nobles of the area.
(d) Wild animals.
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
2. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
4. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)