|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(b) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(c) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(d) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
2. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
(a) Falling off a cliff.
(b) Being robbed by gypsys.
(c) Being attacked by a lion.
(d) Falling over a waterfall.
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) No where- she never feels safe.
(c) In church.
(d) Running in the mountains.
4. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) A peasant and his son.
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Marry again.
(b) Abandon his children.
(c) Start any trouble.
(d) Leave town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
2. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
4. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)