|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(b) A child.
(d) One other person.
2. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Rocks and mud.
(c) Trees and flowers.
(d) Ice and snow.
3. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His home.
(b) His life.
(c) HIs wealth.
(d) His land.
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) A new boat.
(c) Scraps of food.
(d) Weapons to kill him.
5. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(b) To the mountains to elope.
(c) To the funeral he is to preside over.
(d) To cleanse their souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)