|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
(a) Give her tithes to the church.
(b) Give up everything she has.
(c) Go to the bank and take out a loan.
(d) Nothing- she is too far gone.
3. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Give it to his brother.
(b) Throw it to the winds.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
4. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(b) To marry Gerd.
(c) To give up the priesthood.
(d) To give up his son like Isaac.
5. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
(a) Brand must stay with Alf.
(b) Brand will not go unless he has been personally called for.
(c) Brand does not like the doctor and will not go anywhere with him.
(d) Brand has to deliver communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
2. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
3. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
5. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)