|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By blackmailing him.
(d) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
2. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
3. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(a) The Woman.
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To cleanse their souls.
(b) To the mountains to elope.
(c) To the funeral he is to preside over.
(d) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
5. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(b) Brand's mother is dying.
(c) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(d) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
2. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
3. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
4. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
5. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)