|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bible.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bird.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(c) It is his childhood homeland.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
3. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) His help.
(b) His words.
(c) A cow.
(d) A prayer.
4. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(b) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(c) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
(d) To insure he has "incited the flock."
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(b) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(c) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(d) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
2. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)