|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
2. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(c) Away from danger.
3. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Gambled away their savings.
(b) Killed a neighbor.
(c) Killed their child.
(d) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must marry Gerd.
(b) He must leave the settlement.
(c) He must not gamble with his life.
(d) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From church.
(b) From the orphanage.
(c) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(d) Their childhood school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
3. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
5. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)