|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(d) Away from danger.
2. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A hawk.
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Brand's mother is dying.
(b) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(c) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(d) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
4. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because everyone is full of sin.
(b) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(c) Because God asks too much of them.
(d) Because no man is willing to give "All."
5. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must leave the settlement.
(b) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
(c) He must not gamble with his life.
(d) He must marry Gerd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
4. Who does Brand describe as "well-meaning, plump and debonair, both hands in pocket, quite sublimely like brackets in parenthesis?"
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)