|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
2. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(b) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
3. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
4. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
(a) His son.
(c) His money.
(d) His cow.
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
3. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
4. The play begins in what country?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)