|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A dog.
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(c) The Woman.
3. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Throw it to the winds.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
4. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(b) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)