|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
2. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A reindeer.
3. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(b) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(c) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(d) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(b) Throwing him into the storm.
(c) Guns and torches.
(d) Stones and knives.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the town hall.
(b) To the fields.
(c) To church.
(d) To the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
5. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)