|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to the bank.
(c) A debt to him.
(d) A debt to the Devil.
2. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
(a) Losing her sanity by living in the mountains.
(b) Losing thier son due to ilness.
(c) Losing Brand due to illness.
(d) Losing the wealth promised by Brand's mother.
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) There is no one to go home to.
(b) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(c) Because she does not know him.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
4. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Give it to his brother.
(b) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Throw it to the winds.
5. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
2. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)