|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Brand's mother is dying.
(b) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(c) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(d) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) A new boat.
(c) Weapons to kill him.
(d) Scraps of food.
3. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
(b) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(c) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
(d) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
4. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
(d) The second coming.
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) Brimstone manor.
(b) Widow's place.
(c) God's window.
(d) The Devil's palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking about Alf the Brand, what does the doctor claim that Brand is running from?
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)