|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) The Devil.
(b) Their sin.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From the orphanage.
(b) Their childhood school.
(c) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(d) From church.
4. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
(a) Brand claims he is "at war with Nature's stubbornness."
(b) Brand claims: "it's thanks to me the population has made a two, nigh three-fold rise."
(c) Brand claims to still need to "bring some order and cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(d) Brand claims: "A man can't choose his calling's sphere."
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To Einar's hometown.
(d) To Agnes' hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
2. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
3. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
4. During Brand's conversation with the Mayor about his inheritance, what does Brand realize the Mayor is saying?
5. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)