|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A lion.
2. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Brand.
(b) Stay with Gerd.
(c) Stay with Brand's mother.
(d) Stay with Einar.
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(c) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(d) Searched for his money.
4. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the ice church.
(b) To the settlement.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the mountains.
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The hawk.
(b) Brand's son.
(c) The townsfolk.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
3. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)