|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(b) There is no one to go home to.
(c) Because she does not know him.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) The Mayor.
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
2. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
4. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)