|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(b) The Devil.
2. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Brand's mother is dying.
(b) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(c) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(d) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
3. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bird.
(d) A snake.
4. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A lion.
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(b) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(c) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(d) Because Brand looks wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
2. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
3. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
5. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)