|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
(a) Because he is with Agnes.
(b) Because he did not leave.
(c) Because he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because he crossed the fjord during the storm.
2. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Cheated on his father.
(b) Brought prasie to God.
(c) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(d) Put her soul up for sale.
3. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) Trees and flowers.
(d) Rocks and mud.
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) The sun and the moon.
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) It is his childhood homeland.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
3. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)