|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A sin.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A pleasure.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) A peasant and his son.
(b) No one- he is alone.
(c) His wife and a maid.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
3. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Brand's mother.
(b) Stay with Einar.
(c) Stay with Brand.
(d) Stay with Gerd.
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(b) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(c) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(d) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From church.
(b) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(c) Their childhood school.
(d) From the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
2. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
3. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
5. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)