|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lion.
(d) A butterfly.
2. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) Brimstone manor.
(b) The Devil's palace.
(c) Widow's place.
(d) God's window.
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To Agnes' hometown.
(d) To Einar's hometown.
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) Running in the mountains.
(b) In church.
(c) At home.
(d) No where- she never feels safe.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
3. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
5. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)