|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) His wife and a maid.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) A peasant and his son.
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(d) Throw it to the winds.
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(d) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
4. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
(a) Falling over a waterfall.
(b) Falling off a cliff.
(c) Being attacked by a lion.
(d) Being robbed by gypsys.
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Start any trouble.
(b) Abandon his children.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Marry again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
3. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
4. The play begins in what country?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)