|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Start any trouble.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Marry again.
(d) Abandon his children.
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf has ran away.
(b) Alf is dead.
(c) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(d) Alf is very ill.
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(b) From church.
(c) Their childhood school.
(d) From the orphanage.
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(d) Because Brand looks wealthy.
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
2. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
3. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
4. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
5. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)