|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand leaving forever.
(b) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand becoming the town's priest.
2. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) Their sin.
(c) The Devil.
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(b) Away from danger.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will trip on the underbrush.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will die from pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
2. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
3. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
4. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)