|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
2. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
4. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(b) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(c) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(d) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
5. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to the Devil.
(b) A debt to God.
(c) A debt to the bank.
(d) A debt to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
4. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)