|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(c) The Woman.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is his childhood homeland.
(c) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(b) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
4. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) God's window.
(b) The Devil's palace.
(c) Widow's place.
(d) Brimstone manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
2. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
3. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
4. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)