|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
2. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A horse.
(b) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His mother.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) His father.
4. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(b) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(c) Brand's mother is dying.
(d) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
5. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Throw it to the winds.
(c) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(d) Give it to his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
5. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)