|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(b) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(c) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(d) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A horse.
(b) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the fields.
(c) To the town hall.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
2. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
4. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
5. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)