|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be their Mayor.
(c) To be their priest.
(d) To be the prision guard.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the ice church.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the settlement.
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(b) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(c) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(d) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
5. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)