|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(b) Because God asks too much of them.
(c) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(d) Because everyone is full of sin.
3. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(b) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(c) Brand leaving forever.
(d) Brand becoming the town's priest.
4. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will die from pneumonia.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(d) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)