|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(c) The Devil.
2. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
(a) He is waiting for news of his mother.
(b) He is waiting for the ships to come in.
(c) He is waiting for a doctor.
(d) He is waiting for his son to return from war.
3. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to him.
(c) A debt to the Devil.
(d) A debt to the bank.
4. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) Because she does not know him.
(b) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(c) There is no one to go home to.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
5. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
2. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
3. How does Brand think Einar see God?
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
5. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)