|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) No one- he is alone.
(b) His wife and a maid.
(c) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(d) A peasant and his son.
3. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must marry Gerd.
(b) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
(c) He must leave the settlement.
(d) He must not gamble with his life.
4. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(b) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(c) He died because of the famine.
(d) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
3. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)