|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) His help.
(b) A cow.
(c) A prayer.
(d) His words.
2. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(b) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(c) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(d) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
3. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
(a) Being attacked by a lion.
(b) Being robbed by gypsys.
(c) Falling over a waterfall.
(d) Falling off a cliff.
4. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(c) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
4. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
5. The play begins in what country?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)