|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
(a) Because he crossed the fjord during the storm.
(b) Because he forgot to pay for her food.
(c) Because he did not leave.
(d) Because he is with Agnes.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) No where- she never feels safe.
(b) At home.
(c) In church.
(d) Running in the mountains.
4. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To give up the priesthood.
(b) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(c) To give up his son like Isaac.
(d) To marry Gerd.
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(a) A pleasure.
(c) A sin.
(d) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
3. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
4. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
5. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)