|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
(a) He is waiting for a doctor.
(b) He is waiting for the ships to come in.
(c) He is waiting for his son to return from war.
(d) He is waiting for news of his mother.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(b) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(c) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(d) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(b) Gambled away their savings.
(c) Killed their child.
(d) Killed a neighbor.
5. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(b) To marry Gerd.
(c) To give up his son like Isaac.
(d) To give up the priesthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
2. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
5. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)