|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf has ran away.
(b) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(c) Alf is very ill.
(d) Alf is dead.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will trip on the underbrush.
4. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(b) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(c) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(d) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
5. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Gerd.
(b) Stay with Brand.
(c) Stay with Brand's mother.
(d) Stay with Einar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
2. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
4. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)