|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(b) To give up the priesthood.
(c) To marry Gerd.
(d) To give up his son like Isaac.
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the ice church.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the settlement.
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will trip on the underbrush.
(c) He will die from pneumonia.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A sin.
(c) A pleasure.
(d) A miracle.
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Rocks and mud.
(b) Trees and flowers.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Branches and twine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
4. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
5. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)