|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the settlement.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the ice church.
2. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Ice and snow.
(b) Rocks and mud.
(c) Trees and flowers.
(d) Branches and twine.
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His home.
(b) HIs wealth.
(c) His life.
(d) His land.
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(b) The Devil.
(c) Their sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
2. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)