|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a cripple.
(b) As a young, strong man.
(c) As a child.
(d) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
2. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A pleasure.
(c) A sin.
(d) A miracle.
3. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Start any trouble.
(b) Abandon his children.
(c) Marry again.
(d) Leave town.
5. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(b) Scraps of food.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Weapons to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)