|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a cripple.
(c) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(d) As a young, strong man.
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) God's window.
(b) Widow's place.
(c) Brimstone manor.
(d) The Devil's palace.
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Trees and flowers.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Rocks and mud.
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Marry again.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Start any trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
3. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)