|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A butterfly.
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(d) Because he does not know God.
3. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(b) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(d) By blackmailing him.
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) He has never been here.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A sin.
(c) A pleasure.
(d) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
3. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
4. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)