|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(b) He died because of the famine.
(c) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(d) He left because they could not pay him enough.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(a) Stones and knives.
(b) Guns and torches.
(c) Throwing him into the storm.
4. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(c) The fjord.
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(b) Their childhood school.
(c) From church.
(d) From the orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
2. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
3. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
4. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)