|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To church.
(b) To the fields.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the town hall.
2. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
3. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) Brand's son.
(b) The townsfolk.
(c) The hawk.
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) No where- she never feels safe.
(b) At home.
(c) In church.
(d) Running in the mountains.
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their priest.
(b) To be their Mayor.
(c) To be their farmer.
(d) To be the prision guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. What does Brand call his childhood home?
3. The play begins in what country?
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
5. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)