|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
2. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Ice and snow.
(b) Rocks and mud.
(c) Branches and twine.
(d) Trees and flowers.
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To Agnes' hometown.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To Einar's hometown.
(d) To the ocean.
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He died because of the famine.
(d) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
4. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)