|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bible.
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a young, strong man.
(b) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(c) As a cripple.
(d) As a child.
3. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand leaving forever.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(d) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(b) The Woman.
(d) The Mayor.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the fields.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To church.
(d) To the town hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
3. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
4. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)