|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be their priest.
(c) To be the prision guard.
(d) To be their Mayor.
2. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A bear.
(c) A lion.
(d) A reindeer.
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the town hall.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To church.
(d) To the fields.
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Woman.
(b) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
4. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)