|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) He does not recognize the land at all.
(c) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(d) It looks larger than he remembers.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(d) No one- he is alone.
3. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(b) The fjord.
4. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(b) The Woman's husband.
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) He has never been here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
2. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)