|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A horse.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a young, strong man.
(b) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a cripple.
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(b) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(c) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(d) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
4. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) Their childhood school.
(b) From church.
(c) From the orphanage.
(d) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) Brimstone manor.
(b) Widow's place.
(c) The Devil's palace.
(d) God's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
4. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
5. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)