|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) Running in the mountains.
(c) No where- she never feels safe.
(d) In church.
2. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A cow.
(b) A prayer.
(c) His help.
(d) His words.
3. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A priest.
(b) A horse.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(c) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play begins in what country?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
4. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)