|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Weapons to kill him.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Scraps of food.
2. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(b) By blackmailing him.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the ice church.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the settlement.
4. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(a) Stones and knives.
(b) Guns and torches.
(d) Throwing him into the storm.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will trip on the underbrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
2. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)