|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a child.
(b) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(c) As a young, strong man.
(d) As a cripple.
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The hawk.
(b) The townsfolk.
(d) Brand's son.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
4. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(c) It looks larger than he remembers.
(d) It looks abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
2. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
4. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)