|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) His help.
(b) A cow.
(c) A prayer.
(d) His words.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(d) Because he does not know God.
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(c) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(d) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will trip on the underbrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
3. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)