|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(b) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
2. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) The nobles of the area.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Wild animals.
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) His help.
(b) A cow.
(c) His words.
(d) A prayer.
5. The play begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)