|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Gambled away their savings.
(b) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(c) Killed a neighbor.
(d) Killed their child.
2. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Marry again.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Start any trouble.
3. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Rocks and mud.
(b) Ice and snow.
(c) Trees and flowers.
(d) Branches and twine.
4. The play begins in what country?
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
2. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)