|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A wolf.
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a cripple.
(b) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(c) As a young, strong man.
(d) As a child.
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) There is no one to go home to.
(b) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(c) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(d) Because she does not know him.
4. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His land.
(b) His life.
(c) His home.
(d) HIs wealth.
5. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(a) The Woman's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
2. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
3. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)