|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(c) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A lion.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A bear.
4. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From the orphanage.
(b) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(c) Their childhood school.
(d) From church.
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
3. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
4. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)