|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) The nobles of the area.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Wild animals.
2. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A cow.
(c) His words.
(d) His help.
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
4. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the settlement.
(c) To the ice church.
(d) To the mountains.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will trip on the underbrush.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(d) He will fall through the ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
2. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
3. The play begins in what country?
4. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
5. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)