|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play begins in what country?
2. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(b) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(c) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) It is his childhood homeland.
(d) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) The sun and the moon.
(c) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(d) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
5. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)