|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The hawk.
(b) The townsfolk.
(c) Brand's son.
2. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Start any trouble.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Marry again.
4. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bird.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bible.
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Trees and flowers.
(c) Rocks and mud.
(d) Ice and snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
4. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)