|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) His help.
(b) A cow.
(c) A prayer.
(d) His words.
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will fall through the ice.
3. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(c) It looks larger than he remembers.
(d) It looks abandoned.
5. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A bear.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
5. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)