|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(b) The hawk.
(c) Brand's son.
(d) The townsfolk.
3. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(d) A horse.
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Woman.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the fields.
(b) To the town hall.
(c) To church.
(d) To the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
2. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
3. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
4. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)