|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A reindeer.
(d) A lion.
2. The play begins in what country?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) God's window.
(b) The Devil's palace.
(c) Widow's place.
(d) Brimstone manor.
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Marry again.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Start any trouble.
5. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) Because she does not know him.
(b) There is no one to go home to.
(c) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(d) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brand think Einar see God?
2. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
3. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)