|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) Their childhood school.
(b) From the orphanage.
(c) From church.
(d) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A lion.
(d) A reindeer.
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will trip on the underbrush.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand call his childhood home?
2. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
3. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
4. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
5. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)