|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a cripple.
(b) As a child.
(c) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(d) As a young, strong man.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) A peasant and his son.
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bible.
5. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)