|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(c) It looks larger than he remembers.
(d) He does not recognize the land at all.
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) His wife and a maid.
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Gambled away their savings.
(b) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(c) Killed their child.
(d) Killed a neighbor.
5. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
5. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)