|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(a) A pleasure.
(c) A sin.
(d) A miracle.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) Their childhood school.
(b) From church.
(c) From the orphanage.
(d) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
5. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(b) As a cripple.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a young, strong man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
4. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
5. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)