|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(d) The Woman's husband.
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will fall through the ice.
(c) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(d) He will trip on the underbrush.
3. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a young, strong man.
(b) As a child.
(c) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(d) As a cripple.
4. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
5. The play begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
4. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)