|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A cow.
(b) His help.
(c) His words.
(d) A prayer.
2. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(b) The Woman's husband.
3. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A dog.
(d) A butterfly.
4. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the ice church.
(d) To the settlement.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) The sun and the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
2. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
3. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
4. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)