|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
(b) The Woman.
(c) The Mayor.
2. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Rocks and mud.
(b) Branches and twine.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Trees and flowers.
3. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A horse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest.
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is his childhood homeland.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(b) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
2. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
3. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)