|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(b) The Woman's husband.
2. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) Running in the mountains.
(c) In church.
(d) No where- she never feels safe.
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(d) Because Brand looks wealthy.
4. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His land.
(b) HIs wealth.
(c) His home.
(d) His life.
5. The play begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)