|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(d) He has never been here.
2. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) God's window.
(b) Brimstone manor.
(c) Widow's place.
(d) The Devil's palace.
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(b) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(c) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(d) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
4. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a cripple.
(b) As a young, strong man.
(c) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(d) As a child.
5. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His land.
(b) His home.
(c) HIs wealth.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
2. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
5. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)