|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His home.
(b) HIs wealth.
(c) His land.
(d) His life.
2. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Wild animals.
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Start any trouble.
(c) Abandon his children.
(d) Marry again.
4. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
5. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the ice church.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
3. How does Brand think Einar see God?
4. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)