|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(d) It looks abandoned.
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
3. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To Einar's hometown.
(b) To Agnes' hometown.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the forest.
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To church.
(b) To the fields.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the town hall.
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) In church.
(b) At home.
(c) No where- she never feels safe.
(d) Running in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
4. The play begins in what country?
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)