|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will trip on the underbrush.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
2. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) From church.
(b) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(c) From the orphanage.
(d) Their childhood school.
3. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(b) Stones and knives.
(c) Guns and torches.
(d) Throwing him into the storm.
4. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A bird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) His wife and a maid.
(d) No one- he is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)