|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To the forest.
(c) To Einar's hometown.
(d) To Agnes' hometown.
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the ice church.
(b) To the settlement.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the mountains.
3. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His life.
(b) His land.
(c) HIs wealth.
(d) His home.
4. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will die from pneumonia.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will fall through the ice.
5. The play begins in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
4. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)