|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
(a) His belief.
(b) His congregation.
(c) HIs courage.
2. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
(a) Brand must stay with Alf.
(b) Brand has to deliver communion.
(c) Brand will not go unless he has been personally called for.
(d) Brand does not like the doctor and will not go anywhere with him.
3. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
(b) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(c) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
(d) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
4. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(a) The Devil.
5. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(b) No one- he is alone.
(c) A peasant and his son.
(d) His wife and a maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
2. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
4. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
5. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)