|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(b) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(c) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
2. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(a) The priests.
(c) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
(d) No one else is named.
3. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(b) Gerd's life.
(c) Agnes' life.
(d) The lives of the townsfolk.
4. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Try to help her set it fire.
(b) Sabotage the worship service.
(c) Become a member of the congregation.
(d) Become the priest.
5. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what force of nature sends the congregation to gather around Brand?
(a) A bolt of lightening.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A storm.
(d) A crash of thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Brand closes the church?
2. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
3. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
4. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)