|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Put her soul up for sale.
(b) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(c) Brought prasie to God.
(d) Cheated on his father.
2. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) A god.
(c) A lamb.
(d) An idol.
3. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
(a) Cure the curse of poverty.
(b) Focus on his family.
(c) Build a new home.
(d) Try to find another mayoral position elsewhere.
4. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
(a) The funeral attire meant for Brand's mother.
(b) The suit coat that Brand wore when they married.
(c) The dress she wore when she married Brand.
(d) The cloak that Alf was christened in.
5. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a child.
(b) As a young, strong man.
(c) As a cripple.
(d) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
3. In Act 4, Part 3, Agnes has entered the room Brand is in to decorate the room. What does he order her to do?
4. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)