|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Opens the outer doors.
(b) Lights ten candles.
(c) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
(d) Lights a single candle.
2. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(d) The mayor.
3. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
4. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
(a) A snake.
(b) A prisioner.
(c) A shipwrecked man.
(d) A sheep.
5. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(b) Guns and torches.
(c) Throwing him into the storm.
(d) Stones and knives.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
3. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)