|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
(a) Continue with the coldness.
(b) Speak gently.
(c) Not speak to her about Alf.
(d) Stop talking to her at all.
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(b) Because God asks too much of them.
(c) Because everyone is full of sin.
(d) Because no man is willing to give "All."
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) The Devil.
(d) Their sin.
4. How many people have come to the new church?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
5. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
3. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
4. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
5. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)