|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
(a) Because he did not leave.
(b) Because he crossed the fjord during the storm.
(c) Because he is with Agnes.
(d) Because he forgot to pay for her food.
2. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) In church.
(b) No where- she never feels safe.
(c) At home.
(d) Running in the mountains.
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because Brand looks wealthy.
4. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
5. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become the priest.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Sabotage the worship service.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
2. What word does Agnes hate to hear?
3. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
4. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
5. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)