|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
(a) His faith is not true.
(b) He only answers to God and not the congregation.
(c) His beleifs are too stern.
(d) He is mad.
2. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Brought prasie to God.
(b) Cheated on his father.
(c) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(d) Put her soul up for sale.
3. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
(a) Brand must stay with Alf.
(b) Brand will not go unless he has been personally called for.
(c) Brand has to deliver communion.
(d) Brand does not like the doctor and will not go anywhere with him.
4. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
(a) His belief.
(b) HIs courage.
(d) His congregation.
5. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
(a) In the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
2. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
3. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
4. According to Brand, what does he tell the Mayor is "the greatest triumph?"
5. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)