|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(b) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
2. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
(a) That she is his sister.
(b) That she will destroy their plans to re-build the church.
(c) That she is his aunt.
(d) That she escaped from another town asylum.
3. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
5. As Brand is giving an impromptu sermon to the congregation, who does he claim is the "spirit of compromise?"
(a) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
2. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
4. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
5. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)