|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must marry Gerd.
(b) He must not gamble with his life.
(c) He must leave the settlement.
(d) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(b) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(c) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
(d) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
3. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A cow.
(c) His words.
(d) His help.
4. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
(a) That she escaped from another town asylum.
(b) That she is his aunt.
(c) That she will destroy their plans to re-build the church.
(d) That she is his sister.
5. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
(a) With Agnes' money.
(b) With his mother's money.
(c) With the money he has earned on his own.
(d) With the money he gets from the congregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
2. After Brand tells Einar of his life since their last meeting, where does Einar say that Agnes is?
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
4. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
5. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)