|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(b) His children.
(c) His soul.
(d) The entire home.
2. According to the Mayor, what day will never come?
(a) The Sabbath.
(b) The day they will be friends.
(c) The sacrificial day.
(d) The second coming.
3. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
(a) Abandoned him at an orphanage.
(b) Cheated on his father.
(c) Put her soul up for sale.
(d) Brought prasie to God.
4. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "Was I priest or father first?"
(b) "I know you won't deceive us."
(c) "You've got the call, see!"
(d) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
5. What are the three things that the committee of the church has decided to give to Brand?
(a) A speech, an olive branch, and a dove.
(b) A gold cup, a poem, and an olive branch.
(c) A bronze cup, a poem, and a song.
(d) A silver cup, a song, and a speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand re-enters the room that Agnes is in. Agnes is going through a drawer. What does Agnes pull out of the drawer that has a pin on it?
2. What happens after Brand closes the church?
3. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
4. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)