|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Brand goes to give his sermon, the Dean has come to speak to him about his obligations. What obligation does the Dean say Brand must fulfill?
(a) His obligation to the Dean.
(b) His obligation to his family.
(c) His obligation to State.
(d) His obligation to the settlement.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(b) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(c) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
(d) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(d) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
4. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(a) The priests.
(b) No one else is named.
(c) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
5. At the end of Act 4, Brand makes a statement regarding "true possession's price." What is the price?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
2. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
3. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)