|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
(a) With the money he gets from the congregation.
(b) With the money he has earned on his own.
(c) With his mother's money.
(d) With Agnes' money.
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
3. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(c) "Was I priest or father first?"
(d) "I know you won't deceive us."
4. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
(a) Prepare his clothes so that he may preside over the funeral.
(b) Give Alf's baby clothes to the woman.
(c) Prepare the confessional for the woman.
(d) Wrap the baby in her shawl so that he may bless it.
5. Why does Brand tell Agnes that her offering to him and God counts for nothing?
(a) To him, he sees no meaning behind the offering.
(b) She has vowed to keep her poverty; she cannot offer it up.
(c) Because she is still distraught.
(d) Because she has no money left given the building of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
2. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
3. What does the doctor compare Brand to when speaking to Brand about Alf.
4. A tattered woman with a baby in her arms enters where Brand and Agnes are. What is it that the woman needs?
5. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)