|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding;
my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
(a) His soul.
(b) His faith.
(c) His love.
(d) His church.
2. After Brand has completed his thoughts, he seems to be worried. What does Brand ask Agnes for?
(c) Her hand.
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) Brand's mother is dying.
(b) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(c) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(d) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
4. The play begins in what country?
5. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(a) To the mountains.
(d) To the fjord.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
2. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
3. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
4. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
5. Despite the Mayor's argument, why does Brand deny the Mayor's request?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)