|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Einar.
(b) Stay with Brand's mother.
(c) Stay with Gerd.
(d) Stay with Brand.
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
(a) Their childhood school.
(b) They are long-lost brothers reunited.
(c) From church.
(d) From the orphanage.
4. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what does he claim the congregation does with God's flag?
(a) Only fly it on the Sabboth.
(b) Fly it only six days a week.
(c) Fly it seven days a week.
(d) Never displays it.
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Mayor claim Brand has not won "this" battle?
2. Brand informs the mayor that he will finance the re-building of the church. How does Brand intend to do this?
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
4. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)