|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Give it to his brother.
2. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(b) "Was I priest or father first?"
(c) "You've got the call, see!"
(d) "I know you won't deceive us."
3. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(b) That Brand's mother has died.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That the mayor has died.
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
5. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
(a) "Not only will God forgive me, my son will as well!"
(b) "My son will gain nothing from my death!"
(c) "I have given all that I am willing to give!"
(d) "God's not hardhearted, like my son!"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mayor, what do the people coming to the church NOT care about?
2. As Brand leaves the Mayor to prepare for his sermon, the Mayor is very confused by Brand's words. What does the Mayor believe Brand has been doing?
3. What does the Mayor tell Brand that he wants to do to take place of the war that is now over?
4. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
5. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)