|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) The Devil's palace.
(b) God's window.
(c) Brimstone manor.
(d) Widow's place.
2. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. Who does Brand's mother wish to take the glare of blinding light away?
(a) The Devil.
4. What does Brand find out from the mayor about Gerd?
(a) That she will destroy their plans to re-build the church.
(b) That she is his sister.
(c) That she is his aunt.
(d) That she escaped from another town asylum.
5. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His soul.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
2. As Brand is contemplating his conversation with the dean, he states "That churchyard's watered with my bleeding; my light, my life, lie buried there:---- but not my (_____), that they'll not snare!" What will "they" not snare?
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
5. After informing Brand of his mother's death, what does the doctor tell Brand that their generation is concerned with?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)