|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the town hall.
(c) To the fields.
(d) To church.
2. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(a) The fjord.
3. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(b) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(c) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
(d) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
4. What does the Mayor expect Brand to wear during his sermon in the new church?
(a) The order's cross.
(b) The colors of the settlement.
(c) The flag of the setlement.
(d) The pin from Alf's christening gown.
5. Who decides to leave with Brand (other than members of the congregation) once he closes the church?
(b) No one else is named.
(c) The priests.
(d) The Sexton and the Schoolmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
2. While arguing with Brand about the settlement's faith, what does the Mayor say his congregation CAN shed?
3. During Brand's impromptu sermon, what does he claim the congregation does with God's flag?
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
5. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)