|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes claim is all she has left to offer to Brand and God?
(a) Her vast wealth.
(b) Her poverty.
(d) Her heart's root.
2. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A shameless scold.
(c) A demon.
(d) A savior.
3. Upon Brand's mother's deathbed, what does she proclaim?
(a) "God's not hardhearted, like my son!"
(b) "My son will gain nothing from my death!"
(c) "I have given all that I am willing to give!"
(d) "Not only will God forgive me, my son will as well!"
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) The entire home.
(c) His soul.
(d) His children.
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)