|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
(a) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing still matters.
(b) That even in the face of death, Brand complies to all others' needs.
(c) That he is the weakest man he has ever met.
(d) That when personally troubled, All or Nothing does not matter.
2. During Brand's impromptu sermon, why does the Dean claim Brand is not worth following?
(a) He only answers to God and not the congregation.
(b) He is mad.
(c) His beleifs are too stern.
(d) His faith is not true.
3. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) A peasant and his son.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) His wife and a maid.
(d) No one- he is alone.
4. The Mayor comes to see Brand and tells Brand that the congregation is waiting for him. What does Brand say to the Mayor's request to begin his sermon?
(a) That he will be there shortly.
(b) That he has sent for someone to take his place.
(c) That he is not going to the church to give the sermon.
(d) That he must first find Einar.
5. Brand makes a very specific demand of Agnes in regard to the woman. What does Brand tell Agnes to do?
(a) Wrap the baby in her shawl so that he may bless it.
(b) Prepare his clothes so that he may preside over the funeral.
(c) Prepare the confessional for the woman.
(d) Give Alf's baby clothes to the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Agnes is arguing with Brand about the decorating, who does he claim she is "not at odds with?"
2. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
3. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
5. After informing Brand of his mother's death, what does the doctor tell Brand that their generation is concerned with?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)