|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
(a) Agnes and Alf.
(b) His mother's love.
(c) His position as Mayor of the settlement.
(d) Gerd and the Ice Church.
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Who does the Mayor believe he can get to help with the re-construction of the church?
(b) The townsfolk.
(c) Builders from another settlement.
(d) The prisoners of the town's jail.
4. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
5. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Never. She likes the church as it is.
(b) Before fall.
(c) Before spring.
(d) Before summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
3. As Brand is contemplating the doctor's prognosis, what does the doctor claim about Brand?
4. During Brand's conversation with the Dean, what does he claim has deserted him?
5. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)