|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
(a) The doctor.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Man.
2. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(b) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(c) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
(d) To insure he has "incited the flock."
3. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
(a) The new church is on fire and needs to be put out.
(b) The new church is being consecrated.
(c) Brand is seeing over the funeral of a town official.
(d) Agnes is ill and the town is coming to watch over her.
4. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(a) To the fjord.
(b) To the mountains.
5. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must marry Gerd.
(b) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
(c) He must not gamble with his life.
(d) He must leave the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
3. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
5. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)