|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Mayor claim Brand has not won "this" battle?
(a) The Mayor knows his flock.
(b) The Mayor says that he has sabbotaged the path Brand is on.
(c) The Mayor claims to have knowledge of a sin Brand carries.
(d) The Mayor claims to have the upper hand.
2. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(b) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(c) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(d) He died because of the famine.
3. At the end of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the Dean decide to do?
(a) Become a member of Brand's "new" congregation.
(b) Return to town to talk to the Mayor about what they are going to do with Brand.
(c) Nothing...he believes it has all gone too far.
(d) Follow Brand up the mountain to keep the "flock from straying farther".
4. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
5. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
(b) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
(c) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(d) To insure he has "incited the flock."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
2. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
3. As Einar leaves, Brand realizes something about him. What does Brand realize?
4. What happens after Brand closes the church?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)