|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(b) The Woman's husband.
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To Agnes' hometown.
(b) To Einar's hometown.
(c) To the forest.
(d) To the ocean.
3. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To the mountains to elope.
(b) To cleanse their souls.
(c) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(d) To the funeral he is to preside over.
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
(b) He must marry Gerd.
(c) He must not gamble with his life.
(d) He must leave the settlement.
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) He does not recognize the land at all.
(d) It looks smaller than he remembers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
3. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
5. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)