|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(a) Stones and knives.
(b) Throwing him into the storm.
(c) Guns and torches.
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(b) The hawk.
(c) The townsfolk.
(d) Brand's son.
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(b) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(b) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(c) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(d) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
5. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) HIs wealth.
(b) His life.
(c) His home.
(d) His land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
2. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)