|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(b) He will trip on the underbrush.
(c) He will fall through the ice.
(d) He will die from pneumonia.
2. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) It looks abandoned.
(d) It looks smaller than he remembers.
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By blackmailing him.
(d) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
5. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Brand.
(b) Stay with Einar.
(c) Stay with Gerd.
(d) Stay with Brand's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. The play begins in what country?
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
5. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)