|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
(a) Stay with Brand.
(b) Stay with Brand's mother.
(c) Stay with Gerd.
(d) Stay with Einar.
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(b) Scraps of food.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Weapons to kill him.
3. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to the Devil.
(c) A debt to him.
(d) A debt to the bank.
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
(a) To the settlement to prepare for his return.
(b) To cleanse their souls.
(c) To the mountains to elope.
(d) To the funeral he is to preside over.
5. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(c) Searched for his money.
(d) Suffocated him with a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
2. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
4. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
5. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)