|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Give it to his brother.
(b) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(c) The Woman.
3. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) He has never been here.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
5. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
4. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)