|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) No one- he is alone.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) His wife and a maid.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) Brand's son.
(b) The townsfolk.
(d) The hawk.
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(d) Away from danger.
4. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(c) The Woman.
5. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
(a) A debt to God.
(b) A debt to the bank.
(c) A debt to him.
(d) A debt to the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
2. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
3. What does Agnes choose to do at the end of Act 2?
4. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)