|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will trip on the underbrush.
(b) He will fall through the ice.
(c) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(d) He will die from pneumonia.
2. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A horse.
(d) A priest.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) Their sin.
(c) The Devil.
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
5. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
(a) Go to the bank and take out a loan.
(b) Give up everything she has.
(c) Nothing- she is too far gone.
(d) Give her tithes to the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
2. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
3. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
5. What does Brand claim his mother did in search of fortune?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)