|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) In church.
(b) Running in the mountains.
(c) No where- she never feels safe.
(d) At home.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(d) He has never been here.
3. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) No one- he is alone.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) His wife and a maid.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
5. As the squall hits the fjord, what do the townsfolk threaten Brand with?
(b) Guns and torches.
(c) Stones and knives.
(d) Throwing him into the storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)