|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) The sun and the moon.
2. What does Brand offer the Mayor instead of money?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A cow.
(c) His words.
(d) His help.
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bible.
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Trees and flowers.
(c) Rocks and mud.
(d) Ice and snow.
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) Brimstone manor.
(b) Widow's place.
(c) The Devil's palace.
(d) God's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brand's mother angry at and scared for Brand?
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
4. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)