|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
(a) Falling off a cliff.
(b) Being attacked by a lion.
(c) Falling over a waterfall.
(d) Being robbed by gypsys.
2. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To Einar's hometown.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To Agnes' hometown.
(d) To the forest.
3. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
(b) Because she does not know him.
(c) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(d) There is no one to go home to.
4. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
5. What does Brand threaten to do with his inheritance?
(a) Squander it on meaningless possessions.
(b) Give it to his brother.
(c) Throw it to the winds.
(d) Buy the settlement and become the Mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
4. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)