|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A bible.
(c) A bird.
(d) A rock.
2. Why does the woman refuse to go with Brand across the fjord?
(a) She is afraid of dying and her children need their mother.
(b) There is no one to go home to.
(c) Because she does not know him.
(d) She is afraid that her husband will kill her.
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the ice church.
(d) To the settlement.
4. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(b) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(c) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(d) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
5. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To Agnes' hometown.
(c) To Einar's hometown.
(d) To the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
3. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
4. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)