|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(b) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(c) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(d) Brand leaving forever.
2. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
3. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Searched for his money.
(c) Nothing-she was never by his side.
(d) Suffocated him with a pillow.
4. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(a) The Woman.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) The sun and the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. What does Brand tell his mother she must do to repay her debt?
3. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
5. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)