|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because he does not know God.
(b) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(c) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(d) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
2. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
(b) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(c) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(d) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
3. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their Mayor.
(b) To be the prision guard.
(c) To be their priest.
(d) To be their farmer.
4. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To the settlement.
(c) To the ice church.
(d) To the river.
5. What do readers find out Brand's mother did to his father while he lay on his deathbed?
(a) Searched for his money.
(b) Suffocated him with a pillow.
(c) Poisoned him.
(d) Nothing-she was never by his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
2. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
5. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)