|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(b) The fjord.
2. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A horse.
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the town hall.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the fields.
(d) To church.
4. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(a) A pleasure.
(b) A sin.
(c) A miracle.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
2. How does Brand think Einar see God?
3. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
4. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)