|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason is Brand's mother fearful?
(a) Because he could have died crossing the fjord and is the only family member she has left.
(b) Because Agnes looks poor and she wishes more for her son.
(c) Because she will starve since he forgot to pay for her food.
(d) Because she will be imprisoned since he returned to the settlement.
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(b) Killed their child.
(c) Gambled away their savings.
(d) Killed a neighbor.
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bible.
(b) A bird.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A rock.
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
5. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(b) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(c) Because Brand looks wealthy.
(d) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
2. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)