|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(b) The Woman.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(c) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) No where- she never feels safe.
(b) In church.
(c) Running in the mountains.
(d) At home.
5. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
3. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)