|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(b) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He has never been here.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
4. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(b) By blackmailing him.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
5. What does Brand claim helping the townsfolk monetarily would be?
(b) A sin.
(c) A pleasure.
(d) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play begins in what country?
2. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
3. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
4. Where does Brand ask Agnes to go after his mother leaves?
5. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)