|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their Mayor.
(b) To be their farmer.
(c) To be their priest.
(d) To be the prision guard.
2. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(c) "I know you won't deceive us."
(d) "Was I priest or father first?"
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Sabotage the worship service.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Become the priest.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
(a) They are blind.
(b) They do not really care.
(c) They are deaf.
(d) They are helpless.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
5. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)