|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(b) Their sin.
(c) The Devil.
2. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
(c) The mayor.
3. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bird.
(b) A bible.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A rock.
4. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
(a) Decorating for Halloween.
(b) Decorating for Easter.
(c) Decorating for New Year's Day.
(d) Decorating for Christmas.
5. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is still the same: very ill.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
4. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)