|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(d) "I know you won't deceive us,"
2. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
(b) To give up his son like Isaac.
(c) To give up the priesthood.
(d) To marry Gerd.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is his childhood homeland.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) He has never been here.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Branches and twine.
(b) Rocks and mud.
(c) Ice and snow.
(d) Trees and flowers.
5. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(c) The fjord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
3. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
4. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
5. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)