|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A bear.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A lion.
(d) A hawk.
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf is dead.
(b) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(c) Alf has ran away.
(d) Alf is very ill.
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He died because of the famine.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(d) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
4. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(b) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(c) Because everyone is full of sin.
(d) Because God asks too much of them.
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(c) "Was I priest or father first?"
(d) "I know you won't deceive us."
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
2. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
3. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
4. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
5. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)