|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(b) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(c) He died because of the famine.
(d) He left because they could not pay him enough.
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(b) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
(c) Because God asks too much of them.
(d) Because everyone is full of sin.
3. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Lights a single candle.
(b) Lights ten candles.
(c) Opens the outer doors.
(d) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
4. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That Brand's mother has died.
(b) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That the mayor has died.
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By blackmailing him.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
3. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
4. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)