|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
3. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become the priest.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Sabotage the worship service.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(b) Weapons to kill him.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Scraps of food.
5. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(d) "I know you won't deceive us,"
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
3. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
4. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)