|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
(a) To give up his son like Isaac.
(b) To marry Gerd.
(c) To give up the priesthood.
(d) To leave Agnes, his one true love.
2. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A shameless scold.
(b) A dirty liar.
(c) A savior.
(d) A demon.
3. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(d) The Woman.
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
(b) Alf is very ill.
(c) Alf is dead.
(d) Alf has ran away.
5. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the town hall.
(b) To church.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
2. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
4. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
5. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)