|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the settlement.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the ice church.
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
(a) To never leave him.
(b) To never speak to Gerd again.
(c) To leave him and never come back.
(d) To return to Einar.
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks larger than he remembers.
(b) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(c) It looks abandoned.
(d) He does not recognize the land at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand call his childhood home?
2. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
3. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
4. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)