|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(b) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
2. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
3. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
(a) They do not really care.
(b) They are blind.
(c) They are helpless.
(d) They are deaf.
4. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(b) The preacher has left.
(c) That Brand's mother has died.
(d) That the mayor has died.
5. What does Brand call his childhood home?
(a) The Devil's palace.
(b) Brimstone manor.
(c) God's window.
(d) Widow's place.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
3. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
4. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
5. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)