|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(b) One other person.
(d) A child.
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) An idol.
(c) A god.
(d) A lamb.
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(b) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(c) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
(d) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
5. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He is still the same: very ill.
(b) He has gotten better.
(c) He has died.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
2. Why does Brand refuse to go with the Doctor?
3. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
4. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
5. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)