|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) He has died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is still the same: very ill.
2. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
(a) A lion.
(b) A reindeer.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A bear.
3. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is his childhood homeland.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
4. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
(b) One other person.
(d) A child.
5. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
(a) Gerd and the Ice Church.
(b) His mother's love.
(c) Agnes and Alf.
(d) His position as Mayor of the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
4. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
5. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)