|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
(a) Gerd and the Ice Church.
(b) Agnes and Alf.
(c) His position as Mayor of the settlement.
(d) His mother's love.
2. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) The sun and the moon.
(d) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(b) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(c) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(d) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
2. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
3. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
4. Act Three begins how many years after Act Two?
5. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)