|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(c) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(d) By blackmailing him.
2. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because everyone is full of sin.
(b) Because God asks too much of them.
(c) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(d) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
3. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
(a) Gerd and the Ice Church.
(b) His position as Mayor of the settlement.
(c) Agnes and Alf.
(d) His mother's love.
4. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
(a) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(b) He died because of the famine.
(c) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(d) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
3. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
4. What does Brand call his childhood home?
5. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)