|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(c) The Devil.
2. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Before spring.
(b) Before summer.
(c) Never. She likes the church as it is.
(d) Before fall.
3. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(b) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(c) Brand's mother is dying.
(d) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
4. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) Running in the mountains.
(c) No where- she never feels safe.
(d) In church.
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
2. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
3. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
4. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
5. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)