|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
(a) Because God asks too much of them.
(b) Because everyone is full of sin.
(c) Because no man is willing to give "All."
(d) Because no man is willing to give "Nothing."
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
(b) The mayor.
(d) The man.
3. When does Agnes wish Brand to have the new "great church" built by?
(a) Before fall.
(b) Before spring.
(c) Before summer.
(d) Never. She likes the church as it is.
4. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(b) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(c) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(d) Brand's mother is dying.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, what has Agnes been doing while Brand has been away with parish work?
2. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
3. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
4. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
5. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)