|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
(a) They are poor and Brand said that they would be wealthly.
(b) That she would become a noble of the land if she married him.
(c) Brand said he would leave her until his mother dies.
(d) He said their life would be one of woe and she is actually living a happy life.
2. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become the priest.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Try to help her set it fire.
(d) Sabotage the worship service.
3. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) No where- she never feels safe.
(b) At home.
(c) In church.
(d) Running in the mountains.
4. Who does Agnes claim came to see her the prior night while Band was away?
(b) The mayor.
5. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their priest.
(b) To be their farmer.
(c) To be their Mayor.
(d) To be the prision guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand claim made his life more bearable?
2. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
3. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
4. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)