|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Mayor.
(d) His father.
2. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
(a) Lights ten candles.
(b) Lights a single candle.
(c) Opens the outer doors.
(d) Pulls the shades back from the windows.
3. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He has gotten better.
(c) He has died.
(d) He is still the same: very ill.
4. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That Brand's mother has died.
(b) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That the mayor has died.
5. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
2. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
3. What proverb does Agnes speak of as she is talking to Brand about his convictions?
4. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
5. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)