|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Weapons to kill him.
(b) A new boat.
(d) Scraps of food.
2. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(b) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(c) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
(d) The sun and the moon.
3. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
4. What does Gerd say her church is built out of?
(a) Ice and snow.
(b) Branches and twine.
(c) Rocks and mud.
(d) Trees and flowers.
5. Who does Gerd threaten when she leaves to go to church?
(a) The townsfolk.
(b) Brand's son.
(c) The hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
2. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
3. Why does Agnes believe "all earthly souls are doomed to fail?"
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)