|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. At the beginning of Act 4, what do readers find out has happened to Alf?
(a) He has gotten better.
(b) He is still the same: very ill.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He has died.
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(c) It looks abandoned.
(d) It looks larger than he remembers.
4. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "Was I priest or father first?"
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "I know you won't deceive us."
(d) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
5. What holiday does Act 4 begin with?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
5. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)