|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bible.
(d) A bird.
2. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the fields.
(c) To church.
(d) To the town hall.
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
(a) The sun and the moon.
(b) Nothing- the church will withstand everything.
(c) The earth trembling because of the choir singing.
(d) Squalls, shouting, and rifle shots.
4. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(b) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(c) He has never been here.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
5. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
(a) To never leave him.
(b) To return to Einar.
(c) To never speak to Gerd again.
(d) To leave him and never come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brand do to lighten the dark room of the parsonage?
2. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
3. What does Brand call his childhood home?
4. What is frozen in the ice near Gerd's church?
5. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)