|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(c) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
2. As Brand finishes his soliloquy, what falls on the ground next to him?
(a) A bird.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bible.
(d) A scarf.
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) He does not recognize the land at all.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(d) It looks abandoned.
4. Brand accuses Agnes of being afraid. What does he believe she is scared of?
(a) Losing thier son due to ilness.
(b) Losing her sanity by living in the mountains.
(c) Losing Brand due to illness.
(d) Losing the wealth promised by Brand's mother.
5. After the doctor leaves, Brand enters his house. What does he find has happened to Alf?
(a) Alf is very ill.
(b) Alf is dead.
(c) Alf has ran away.
(d) Alf has burned himself on the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
3. As Brand is waiting to hear about his mother's offering to God, what is Brand afraid God will ask of him?
4. What promise does Agnes tell Brand he has failed to keep regarding their life?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)