|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(a) To the fjord.
(d) To the mountains.
2. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(b) His home.
(c) His soul.
(d) His son.
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The man.
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
2. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
3. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
4. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
5. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)