|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(a) To the fjord.
(b) To the mountains.
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
3. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(b) Agnes' life.
(c) The lives of the townsfolk.
(d) Gerd's life.
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be their Mayor.
(c) To be the prision guard.
(d) To be their priest.
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
(a) They are deaf.
(b) They are helpless.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They do not really care.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
3. How many people have come to the new church?
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)