|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(c) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(d) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(b) His son.
(d) His home.
3. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(a) The Devil.
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(b) Brand leaving forever.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand becoming the town's priest.
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "I know you won't deceive us."
(b) "Was I priest or father first?"
(c) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(d) "You've got the call, see!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
2. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)