|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(b) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(c) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(d) He died because of the famine.
2. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(c) The mayor.
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(b) Away from danger.
4. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A demon.
(c) A shameless scold.
(d) A savior.
5. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(b) Agnes' life.
(c) The lives of the townsfolk.
(d) Gerd's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
5. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)