|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
(b) Her ability to push forward.
(c) Her ability to heal the dying.
(d) Her ability to see great things in small things.
2. How many people have come to the new church?
(b) Five hundred.
(c) One hundred.
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(b) His home.
(c) His son.
4. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A demon.
(c) A savior.
(d) A shameless scold.
5. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(b) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(c) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(d) "You've got the call, see!"
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
2. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
4. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)