|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(b) The fjord.
2. How many people have come to the new church?
(a) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become the priest.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Sabotage the worship service.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
5. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(b) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(c) "You've got the call, see!"
(d) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
2. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
5. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)