|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(d) He died because of the famine.
2. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A savior.
(c) A shameless scold.
(d) A demon.
3. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to heal the dying.
(b) Her ability to see great things in small things.
(c) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
(d) Her ability to push forward.
4. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
(c) To the fjord.
(d) To the mountains.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
3. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
4. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)