|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Scraps of food.
(c) Weapons to kill him.
(d) A new boat.
2. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
(a) They are deaf.
(b) They do not really care.
(c) They are helpless.
(d) They are blind.
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) A god.
(c) A lamb.
(d) An idol.
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(b) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
(c) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(d) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His soul.
(c) His son.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
3. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
4. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
5. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)