|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(c) "I know you won't deceive us."
(d) "Was I priest or father first?"
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(a) The Woman.
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
4. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(b) His children.
(c) His soul.
(d) His wife.
5. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
4. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)