|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(b) Gerd's life.
(c) Agnes' life.
(d) The lives of the townsfolk.
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be the prision guard.
(c) To be their priest.
(d) To be their Mayor.
3. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(b) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(c) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
(d) By blackmailing him.
4. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A shameless scold.
(c) A demon.
(d) A savior.
5. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(c) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(d) "I know you won't deceive us,"
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
3. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
4. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)