|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(b) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(c) Brand leaving forever.
(d) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
2. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
(a) By using Brand's own belief: give all or nothing.
(b) By promising Brand anything he wishes.
(c) By blackmailing him.
(d) By using Brand's own belief: it is God's plan.
3. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(d) The mayor.
4. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) An idol.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A demon.
(d) A god.
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
4. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)