|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) His children.
(c) His soul.
(d) The entire home.
2. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The Mayor.
3. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(b) The Devil.
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Weapons to kill him.
(b) A new boat.
(d) Scraps of food.
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(c) "I know you won't deceive us."
(d) "Was I priest or father first?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
2. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
5. Although the Man tells Brand that he has helped the people of the settlement, what does Brand claim is the problem with the people?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)