|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) A year.
(d) Two and a half years.
2. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(d) He died because of the famine.
3. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
(a) Away from danger.
4. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
(b) The mayor.
(c) The man.
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(b) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(c) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(d) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
4. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
5. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)