|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
2. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
(b) Her ability to see great things in small things.
(c) Her ability to heal the dying.
(d) Her ability to push forward.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) The Devil.
(b) Their sin.
4. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) A year.
5. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(b) He left because they could not pay him enough.
(c) He died because of the famine.
(d) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
2. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
3. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
4. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
5. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)