|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
(a) The Man.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The mayor.
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "I know you won't deceive us,"
(c) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(d) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(d) His soul.
4. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(d) The Devil.
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(b) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
(c) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(d) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
2. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
3. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
4. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
5. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)