|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A dirty liar.
(b) A demon.
(c) A savior.
(d) A shameless scold.
2. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "You've got the call, see!"
(b) "I know you won't deceive us."
(c) "Was I priest or father first?"
(d) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
3. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
4. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A lamb.
(b) An idol.
(c) A demon.
(d) A god.
5. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(c) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
2. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
3. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
5. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)