|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Try to help her set it fire.
(b) Become a member of the congregation.
(c) Become the priest.
(d) Sabotage the worship service.
2. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(a) The Devil.
3. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That the mayor has died.
(b) That Brand's mother has died.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
4. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His children.
(b) His soul.
(c) His wife.
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) His soul.
(b) His children.
(d) The entire home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
4. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)