|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
(a) The mayor.
2. How many people have come to the new church?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
3. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(c) The fjord.
4. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The lives of the townsfolk.
(b) Agnes' life.
(c) Gerd's life.
(d) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
5. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(b) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, what does Brand ask Jesus for?
2. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
3. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)