|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
(a) His home.
(b) His son.
(d) His soul.
2. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(b) Weapons to kill him.
(c) Scraps of food.
(d) A new boat.
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) An idol.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A god.
(d) A demon.
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(b) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
(c) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(d) Brand leaving forever.
5. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The lives of the townsfolk.
(b) Agnes' life.
(c) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(d) Gerd's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
4. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
5. While discussing the number of people come to the new church, where do the schoolmaster and sexton wish they could go?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)