|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
(a) He drowned in a squall crossing the fjord.
(b) He was captured by the nobels of the land.
(c) He died because of the famine.
(d) He left because they could not pay him enough.
2. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
(b) The doctor.
(c) The Man.
(d) The mayor.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
4. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
5. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
(a) "That here was where you'd wage your war."
(b) "You've got the call, see!"
(c) "My priest won't drop his God, and me."
(d) "I know you won't deceive us,"
Short Answer Questions
1. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
2. How does one of the men convince Brand to stay in the settlement?
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
4. How many people have come to the new church?
5. As the Sexton and Schoolmaster are talking about church and state, someone begins playing the organ. Who is it playing the organ?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)