|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) Gerd's life.
(b) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(c) Agnes' life.
(d) The lives of the townsfolk.
2. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
(a) A demon.
(b) A god.
(c) An idol.
(d) A lamb.
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife.
(c) His soul.
4. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) A new boat.
(b) Scraps of food.
(d) Weapons to kill him.
5. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
(b) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
3. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)