|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become a member of the congregation.
(b) Sabotage the worship service.
(c) Become the priest.
(d) Try to help her set it fire.
2. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
(a) A shameless scold.
(b) A savior.
(c) A dirty liar.
(d) A demon.
3. In regard to the fire at the mayor's home, what is the mayor concerned with saving?
(a) His wife.
(b) His soul.
(c) His children.
4. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
(a) He sees the new church as a path to greater power for him.
(b) Agnes has died and he cannot hide the sorrow.
(c) Alf has just died and Brand must preside over the funeral.
(d) He is trying to leave the church and become the mayor.
5. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
(b) Away from danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have come to the new church?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
3. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
4. Why are people from all over coming to Brand's church?
5. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)