|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
(a) Brand leaving forever.
(b) Brand becoming the town's priest.
(c) Brand becoming the town's Mayor.
(d) Brand walking into the fjord and never returning.
2. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) The lives of the townsfolk.
(b) Gerd's life.
(c) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
(d) Agnes' life.
3. Who does Brand claim sent Gerd to him?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The Man.
4. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
5. Brand refuses to change his beliefs. What does Brand say to Agnes in reply to her questioning him?
(a) "I know you won't deceive us."
(b) "Was I priest or father first?"
(c) "Don't think that I am blaming you."
(d) "You've got the call, see!"
Short Answer Questions
1. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about Brand. According to them, why is Brand different?
2. What do the men say happened to the person who previously held the position for which they seek Brand?
3. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
4. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the right eye turns toward?
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)