|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 5 begins how long after the close of Act 4?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Two and a half years.
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire that ravaged the Mayor's home. What did the mayor's wife tell him to save?
(a) The entire home.
(b) His soul.
(d) His children.
3. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
4. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
(b) The fjord.
5. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to push forward.
(b) Her ability to heal the dying.
(c) Her ability to see great things in small things.
(d) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
2. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
3. After the doctor leaves, Brand has another visitor. The Man tells Brand that he has an enemy. Who does the Man tell Brand the enemy is?
4. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)