|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
(a) Her ability to see great things in small things.
(b) Her ability to heal the dying.
(c) Her ability to see destruction before it happens.
(d) Her ability to push forward.
2. How many people have come to the new church?
(a) Five hundred.
(d) One hundred.
3. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
4. Who does Brand see sitting on the shore as the Men leave to return to the settlement?
(b) The Woman.
5. The schoolmaster ans the sexton are discussing the old church. What do they claim fell along with the walls of the church?
(a) Agnes' life.
(b) The lives of the townsfolk.
(c) Gerd's life.
(d) The spirits that dwelled in the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man call Brand when Brand says the mayor has been telling the truth?
2. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
3. After the discussion about the townsfolk, what does the Man say to Brand as he leaves?
4. Agnes, holding Alf, is watching the conversation between Gerd and Brand. What does Gerd call Alf?
5. The schoolmaster and the sexton are talking about the fire at the mayor's home. When the mayor says, "O, that can go to hell," what do they say he is talking about?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)