Act 1, Scene 1
1. The play begins in what country?
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) A peasant and his son.
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will trip on the underbrush.
(b) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(c) He will die from pneumonia.
(d) He will fall through the ice.
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(a) Bad weather.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Wild animals.
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
6. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) HIs wealth.
(b) His life.
(c) His home.
(d) His land.
This section contains 5,780 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)