1. The play begins in what country?
2. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) A peasant and his son.
(b) His wife and a maid.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
3. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will fall through the ice.
(b) He will die from pneumonia.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will be attacked by wild animals.
4. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(a) Wild animals.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Bad weather.
5. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
6. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His land.
(b) His life.
(c) HIs wealth.
(d) His home.
This section contains 5,780 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)