|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Trevor, Pray" - "Chameleon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author believe that a person is most themselves, according to the story "Pray, Trevor"?
(a) When defecating.
(b) When suffering.
(c) When working.
(d) When looking into the eyes of a loved one.
2. How did Robert feel when Patricia asked him to impregnate her?
(a) He said he did not want a family.
(b) He said he was not physically attracted to Patricia.
(c) He said he wanted to start a family right away.
(d) He said he did not like Patricia at all.
3. Which of the following is NOT a language that Patricia taught to the author?
4. Which tribe does the author describe as "warriors"?
(a) The Sotho.
(b) The Tswana.
(c) The Zulu.
(d) The Xhosa.
5. Who threw the author from a moving vehicle when he was a young boy?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A bank robber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most consistent male figure in the author's life growing up?
2. What made the author "realize [he] was black" (59)?
3. What unusual career move did Patricia make in the early 1980s?
4. What did the school counselor warn the author about when he asked to transition into the B classes at H. A. Jack Primary?
5. In what country did the author grow up?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)