|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Trevor, Pray" - "Chameleon".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does the author indicate was especially valued for making prayers while he was growing up in Soweto?
2. When does the author believe that a person is most themselves, according to the story "Pray, Trevor"?
(a) When looking into the eyes of a loved one.
(b) When suffering.
(c) When defecating.
(d) When working.
3. Why was the author afraid to pray for God to kill the thing that left feces in his grandmother's house?
(a) He was afraid because HE was the thing that left the feces in his grandmother's house and he did not want God to kill him.
(b) He was afraid that if his prayer was not good enough, everyone would know he was to blame.
(c) He was afraid because he was not sure if he believed in God and could not stand the theological pressure.
(d) He was afraid because he was worried the demon would eat him.
4. In what country did the author grow up?
(a) South America.
(b) North Africa.
(c) South Africa.
5. Why was the author not allowed to eat food when visiting Temperance Noah's second family?
(a) Temperance's second family was full of bad cooks.
(b) Patricia wanted to show off her own cooking skills instead.
(c) Temperance's second family was too poor to buy food.
(d) Patricia was worried that Temperance's second family would try to poison them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What predominately Zulu political group violently opposed the African National Congress after the end of apartheid?
2. Which of the following is NOT a language that Patricia taught to the author?
3. What crime did the author's parents commit when they had him?
4. What unusual career move did Patricia make in the early 1980s?
5. Who did the author forget was in the house when he defecated on the newspaper?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)