|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “The World Doesn’t Love You” .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author indicate would probably happen if a black man had sex with a white woman under the apartheid system?
(a) The police would probably let them off with a warning.
(b) The white woman would probably be charged with rape.
(c) The police would not care at all.
(d) The black man would probably be charged with rape.
2. Why was the author unable to play with his cousins when he was very young?
(a) His grandmother was afraid the neighborhood children would steal him.
(b) His grandmother was afraid the police would take him away.
(c) His grandmother was afraid the cousins would be a bad influence on Trevor.
(d) Trevor was being punished.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why the author lost touch with Robert when he was 13?
(a) Robert alienated him by sharing a dark secret.
(b) Robert had moved to Cape Town.
(c) Patricia's husband, Abel, did not want Robert around.
(d) The author was a teenager and was distracted by video games and computers.
4. What did the author say he had learned about Robert after they spent the weekend together?
(a) He learned that Robert was a jerk.
(b) He learned that Robert was wise.
(c) He learned that Robert was humble.
(d) He learned that Robert was secretive.
5. What happened after the author asked Maylene out during their walk home together?
(a) Maylene ran away.
(b) They kissed outside a McDonalds.
(c) Maylene mocked him.
(d) Maylene perished suddenly and tragically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author believe about the dog Fufi before the vet looked at Fufi's corpse?
2. According to the author, how do white people treat dogs in South Africa?
3. Who was the only member of the author's family who was willing to use corporal punishment on him?
4. What kind of persona did the author project while he was in jail?
5. How did the author first endear himself to the black students at H. A. Jack Primary?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)