|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “The World Doesn’t Love You” .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author track Robert down after his mother instructed him to do so?
(a) He contacted the Swiss embassy.
(b) He searched Cape Town on foot.
(c) He released an ad in the newspaper.
(d) He consulted a local shaman.
2. Why did Alexandra remain standing while other "black ghettoes" (201) were razed?
(a) The residents of Alexandra fought off the white suburbanites.
(b) The white people allowed Alexandra to remain standing as an act of charity.
(c) The land in Alexandra had been sold to black tenants before doing so was made illegal.
(d) Alexandra was on a piece of holy ground that white people chose to respect.
3. Why was Patricia allowed to stay on the farm at age nine?
(a) She was kept on the farm to work.
(b) Her aunt kept her on the farm out of the kindness of her heart.
(c) Her aunt kept her on the farm to keep an eye on her.
(d) Her aunt kept her on the farm to protect her from their parents.
4. Why did the author choose not to tell his parents that he had been arrested?
(a) He did not want to worry them.
(b) He did not know their phone number and was afraid to ask for a phone book.
(c) He was afraid they would make things worse.
(d) He did not realize he was in legal trouble.
5. Why was the author allowed to bond with the more popular boys during grade 9?
(a) He was poor so the popular boys hung out with him out of pity.
(b) He was so ugly that he made them look better.
(c) He was so good with women that the popular boys kept him around for advice.
(d) He could make them laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the unemployment rate in South Africa after apartheid?
2. How did the author make money when he first graduated from high school?
3. Where did Patricia move at age nine?
4. What did Babiki refuse to do once she and the author arrived at the dance?
5. How did the security footage distort the author's appearance after he and Teddy stole from the store?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)