|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “The World Doesn’t Love You” .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, how do black people treat dogs in South Africa?
(a) They treat them like alarm systems.
(b) They treat them like tools.
(c) They treat them like toys.
(d) They treat them like children.
2. How did the author first endear himself to the black students at H. A. Jack Primary?
(a) He pulled a prank on a white teacher.
(b) He bought them new Transformers toys.
(c) He showed off his skills at speaking English and Afrikaans.
(d) He demonstrated that he could speak their native languages.
3. How did the author first respond in his trial when he thought the judge asked him how he was?
(a) He mockingly repeated the question.
(b) He said he was feeling relaxed.
(c) He said he was not fine.
(d) He said he was doing great.
4. Where did Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko go to school?
(a) They went to school over seas.
(b) Government-run Bantu schools.
(c) Schools founded by British missionaries.
(d) They did not go to school.
5. On what does the author blame most of the things that have gone wrong in his life?
(b) Second-hand cars.
(d) The death of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did the author and Teddy get caught committing?
2. How did the author feel about pushing his mother's car?
3. Why does the author say he never felt poor when living alone with Patricia?
4. What did the author have in common with his friend, Teddy?
5. What does the author indicate would probably happen if a black man had sex with a white woman under the apartheid system?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)