|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gran'ma say for them not to worry about her in Chapter five?
2. What does Thorn tell Fone when he asks her why they are stopping in Chapter five?
3. What does Gran'ma tell Fone to do since she cannot shake the Gitchy Feeling in Chapter four?
4. What was the slogan for Phoney's campaign?
5. What does Fone tell Thorn after she wakes up in the end of Chapter four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius tell Gran'ma and the others when they arrive at Barrelhaven?
2. What happens when the bartender comes over to demand payment from Phoney?
3. What happens in chapter six when the hooded one appears?
4. What do Smiley and Phoney discuss in chapter five when they are first reunited?
5. Describe what happens in the beginning of chapter five when the rat creatures first begin to attack.
6. Describe the dream that Thorn has in chapter four.
7. Describe the conversation that Thorn has with the rat creatures in chapter five?
8. Describe the conversation that happens between Kingdok and the two rat creatures that continually follow Fone.
9. What do Phoney and Smiley discuss in chapter five about the cow race?
10. In chapter four what does Thorn tell Phoney about the spring fair while they are on the way to the stream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the Bone characters.
1) Describe Fone Bone. What is his personality?
2) Describe Phoney Bone. What is his personality?
3) How would you describe the relationship between these two characters?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the two rat creatures' personalities that follow Fone around.
2) Does it seem that these two are the norm for the rat creatures?
3) What does it imply to the reader to watch these two creatures interact throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is the role that Smiley plays in the story?
2) Do you believe that Smiley is dumb or that he just plays dumb? Why?
3) Does Smiley intentionally try to irritate Phoney?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)