|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ted say they will stop to get Fone a drink?
(a) Th' Barrelhaven.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) A local farmhouse.
(d) The river.
2. What does Phoney say to Ted when they meet?
(a) Take me to your leader.
(b) You look like a leaf.
(c) Do you have a brain?
(d) You can be my servant.
3. What does Thorn say about the map that Smiley had found in the desert?
(a) It holds the ancient symbol of the kingdom on it.
(b) It looks familiar.
(c) It seems to be accurate.
(d) It looks like a child drew it.
4. What does the second creature say he wants to do with Fone?
(a) Put him in a quiche.
(b) Make a meat pie.
(c) Eat him raw.
(d) Put him in a stew.
5. What does Thorn hear as they are walking away from the hot spring?
(a) Rat creatures.
(b) Warning bells from the village.
(c) The spring birds.
(d) Her grandmother calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Fone explain he didn't pack enough of when he left Boneville?
2. How does Ted describe Thorn to Fone?
3. What does THorn do when Fone begins to tell her about Moby Dick?
4. What does Smiley say is the reason that the Mayor declared a holiday in Boneville for?
5. What does Thorn say Gran'ma Ben goes into town each spring to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the behavior between the Bones in chapter one when they are first introduced.
2. Describe the scene where Fone and the other animals meet back up after the incident with the rat creatures.
3. What does Smiley say when Phoney says that he is the most loved Bone in Boneville?
4. Describe how the chase scene begins in chapter two between Fone and the rat creatures.
5. What happens when Fone meets Thorn?
6. In chapter one what is said about why the Bones left Boneville?
7. What happens when the children and Fone begin playing?
8. What do the two creatures discuss when they find Fone sleeping in chapter one?
9. What is Phoney doing when he is first shown in chapter three?
10. What do the possum children say to Fone when they first encounter each other in chapter two?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)