|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorn say Gran'ma Ben goes into town each spring to do?
(a) Make a large bet on the festivities.
(b) Show off her fighting chickens.
(c) Show off her best racing cows.
(d) See her boyfriend.
2. Who does Fone find with the possum children after they run out of his house in Chapter two?
(a) Miz Hedgehog.
(d) Two rat creatures.
3. What reason does Fone give for wanting to chop wood rather than have Thorn chop it?
(a) It is a thing that men do.
(b) There isn't anything else for Fone to do.
(c) Thorn has hurt her hand.
(d) Fone is very good at choping wood.
4. What two things does Fone explain he didn't pack enough of when he left Boneville?
(a) Food and blankets.
(b) Money and books.
(c) Maps and water.
(d) Food and water.
5. What does Thorn say she doesn't believe in?
(d) Rat creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the possum children doing when Fone first enters his home in Chapter two?
2. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
3. What does Miz 'Possum say about Ted in Chapter two?
4. What does Fone tell Thorn about the dragon?
5. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene where Fone and the other animals meet back up after the incident with the rat creatures.
2. Describe the scene in chapter three when Gran'ma Ben arrives home.
3. What is Fone talking about while trying to get out of the gorge in chapter one?
4. What happens after Fone gets out of the water in chapter two after having been chased by the rat creatures?
5. What happens when Thorn finds the map that Smiley had found in the desert?
6. What is Phoney doing when he is first shown in chapter three?
7. What happens when Fone meets Thorn?
8. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
9. What happens when Fone enters the valley in chapter one?
10. Describe the scene in chapter three when Thorn wakes Fone up.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)