|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chases the Bones in Chapter one before they get separated?
2. What does Phoney ask Fone about Thorn?
(a) If she likes shorter men.
(b) If Fone and Thorn have a thing going on.
(c) If she is single.
(d) Why she is putting up with Fone.
3. What is on Gran'ma's cow when she arrives home?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A group of chickens.
(c) A crate.
4. What does Smiley say is the reason that the Mayor declared a holiday in Boneville for?
(a) They needed more holidays.
(b) So that everyone could have a hand in burning down Phoney's house.
(c) So the kids could throw rocks at Phoney.
(d) To have enough people to start a proper mob.
5. What does Phoney say in chapter three when his stomach growls?
(a) Shut up!
(b) He doesn't want to hear any more back talk.
(c) His stomach is just as mad at Fone as he is.
(d) He just ate a stick an hour ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gran'a say Phoney and Fone are obviously pets?
2. What happens to Fone just as he says that he needs to get out of the woods because they are too weird for him?
3. Where does Miz 'Possum say she is going?
4. What does Thorn say about the apple pie she is making?
5. What does Fone do believing the rat creatures would have to be stupid to do while following him in Chapter two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the behavior between the Bones in chapter one when they are first introduced.
2. Describe the scene in chapter three where Thorn and Fone go through Fone's knapsack.
3. What happens when Phoney meets Gran'ma Ben?
4. What does Fone do to get the children away from the rat creatures?
5. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
6. Describe the scene where Fone and the other animals meet back up after the incident with the rat creatures.
7. What happens after Fone gets out of the water in chapter two after having been chased by the rat creatures?
8. What happens when the children and Fone begin playing?
9. What do the possum children say to Fone when they first encounter each other in chapter two?
10. What sound do the Bones hear in chapter one?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)