|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fone doing in the beginning of chapter two?
(a) Making a map.
(b) Climbing a tree.
(c) Hunting for food.
(d) Gathering wood.
2. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
(a) This was rather unwise.
(b) Beat it!
(d) You have to the count of three....
3. What does Fone say about Moby Dick?
(a) He found it.
(b) It was what Smiley used to reach things high up on shelves.
(c) It is his favorite book.
(d) He has never understood it.
4. What does the dragon tell Fone in chapter three when he pokes his head out of the well?
(a) He says Thorn is a pretty girl.
(b) He wants Thorn to think Fone is crazy.
(c) He asks Fone for another light.
(d) He asks Fone how he slept.
5. What does Fone tell the possum children when they ask if he was scared of the encounter with the rat creatures in Chapter two?
(a) I was too busy running to be scared.
(b) As long as you guys were safe, that was all that mattered.
(c) Of course I was.
(d) Of course not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the creature ask Fone to do in chapter one?
2. What does Thorn say about the apple pie she is making?
3. What stops the cow that was running toward the house?
4. Who stops the two creatures from eating Fone in Chapter one?
5. Why does Gran'a say Phoney and Fone are obviously pets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sound do the Bones hear in chapter one?
2. Compare the behavior between the Bones in chapter one when they are first introduced.
3. Describe the scene where Fone and the other animals meet back up after the incident with the rat creatures.
4. Describe the scene in chapter three when Gran'ma Ben arrives home.
5. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
6. What is Phoney doing when he is first shown in chapter three?
7. What do Fone and Miz 'Possum discuss in the beginning of chapter two when they meet?
8. Describe the conversation that Fone and the Great Red Dragon have in chapter two.
9. What happens when Fone meets Thorn?
10. What happens when Phoney finds the dragon?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)