|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorn warn Fone not to do?
(a) Talk about the dragon to her grandmother.
(b) Get the living room dirty.
(c) Mention the rat creatures to her grandmother.
(d) Say anything against cows.
2. What does Ted warn Phoney about?
(a) Gran'ma won't like Phoney's attitude.
(b) There are dangerous creatures in the forest.
(c) There is a war coming to the valley.
(d) To not step on him.
3. What happens to Fone while running in Chapter one as he and the others get separated?
(a) Fone falls off a cliff.
(b) Fone trips and falls into a hole.
(c) Fone is forced to hide in a cave.
(d) Fone finds an old house to hide in.
4. What does Smiley say is the reason that the Mayor declared a holiday in Boneville for?
(a) So the kids could throw rocks at Phoney.
(b) They needed more holidays.
(c) To have enough people to start a proper mob.
(d) So that everyone could have a hand in burning down Phoney's house.
5. What does Ted say when the creatures appear to talk to Fone?
(a) I forgot, I have a doctor's appointment.
(c) You're on your own.
(d) I'm gonna go get my brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dragon do after Phoney begins insulting him in chapter three when Phoney finds the dragon asleep?
2. Who does Ted decide to take Phoney to?
3. What two things does Fone explain he didn't pack enough of when he left Boneville?
4. What does Fone say about the help that Miz 'Possum has given to him?
5. What landmark does Fone first say that he cannot find on the map he has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thorn tell Fone about her grandmother going into town?
2. What does Fone do to get the children away from the rat creatures?
3. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
4. What happens as the Bones become separated in chapter one?
5. Explain what happens when Fone first takes the children home in chapter two.
6. What do the possum children say to Fone when they first encounter each other in chapter two?
7. Describe the scene where Fone and the other animals meet back up after the incident with the rat creatures.
8. What happens when Fone meets Thorn?
9. Describe the conversation that Fone and the Great Red Dragon have in chapter two.
10. What happens when Phoney meets Gran'ma Ben?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)