|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Thorne.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fone track the possum children when they leave his house?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) Their giggling.
(c) A trail of pebbles.
(d) They stay on the path.
2. What does Thorn hear as they are walking away from the hot spring?
(a) Her grandmother calling.
(b) Warning bells from the village.
(c) Rat creatures.
(d) The spring birds.
3. What are the possum children doing when Fone first enters his home in Chapter two?
(a) Cracking nuts.
(b) Throwing rocks in the fire.
(c) Jumping off the table.
(d) Swimming in the stew.
4. Why does the second creature refuse to start a fire when he is asked?
(a) He can't find any wood.
(b) Because the first creature called him fat.
(c) His matches are wet.
(d) He doesn't know how to build a fire.
5. What does Fone say about the help that Miz 'Possum has given to him?
(a) I is kind but no necessary.
(b) It has kept him from feeling lonely.
(c) It is what has gotten him through the winter.
(d) It has reassured his faith in good will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fone tell the possum children when they ask if he was scared of the encounter with the rat creatures in Chapter two?
2. What does the dragon say when Fone asks if he can breath fire?
3. What does Fone offer to do for the children when they first get back to Fone's home in Chapter two?
4. Why is Fone told that he needs to hurry and get out of the valley?
5. What does Ted say when the creatures appear to talk to Fone?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)