|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
2. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
(a) Raided it.
(b) Flooded it.
(c) Looted it.
(d) Bulldozed it.
3. What does "skof" mean?
(a) To walk.
4. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Stop singing.
(b) Give up dancing.
(c) Leave Boesman.
(d) Become a nun.
5. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
(a) I walked long yesterday.
(b) I need a rest.
(c) Where does it hurt?
(d) What are you doing tomorrow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
2. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman gets when other people laugh at him beating her?
4. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
5. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)