|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Lena want to have?
2. What does Boesman go to check when he returns from getting shelter materials and Lena is happy?
(a) The sky.
(b) The wine bottles.
(c) The water bottles.
(d) The fire.
3. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her fleas.
(b) Her bottles.
(c) Her scabs.
(d) Her bruises.
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) A Boer.
(d) A Korsten.
5. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
(a) For dropping bottles.
(b) For walking too slow.
(c) For chasing the dog.
(d) For dropping biscuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
4. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
5. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)