|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) Boesman's back.
(b) The sky.
(c) The churches.
(d) The children.
2. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
3. What is the translation for "dop"?
(b) Drink (of liquor).
4. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(b) Pap nat.
5. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(b) Bitter and brown.
(c) Sweet and warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "kaalgat" mean?
2. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman was this morning?
4. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
5. What does Boesman do with his bread?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)