|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A maid.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Broken bottles.
2. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
(a) Pap nat.
3. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Burned down the house.
(c) Borrowed their clothes.
(d) Gone with them.
4. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that the tea is?
2. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
3. What is "soeterigheid"?
4. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
5. What does "donnered" mean?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)