|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Killed them.
(b) Burned down the house.
(c) Gone with them.
(d) Borrowed their clothes.
2. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
3. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The birds.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The bats.
(d) The rainbow.
4. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On his shoulders.
(b) On his head.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On his back.
5. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) Where her dog has gone.
(b) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(c) Why the fire won't start.
(d) The order of where they've been.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
2. What does Boesman do to prove Lena wrong in Act 1?
3. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
4. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
5. What does Boesman complain that Lena does?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)