|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(a) A mattress.
(b) A cooking pot.
(d) A stove.
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
4. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
5. What is the translation for "dop"?
(c) Drink (of liquor).
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena share with Outa?
2. Why did Boesman beat Lena this morning?
3. Who says, "I thought you knew. One day you're going to ask me who you are"?
4. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
5. What does Boesman do with his bread?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)