|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Uses it for the fire.
(b) Makes a trap with it.
(c) Builds a lean-to.
(d) Hits Lena.
2. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Shoves him off his seat.
(b) Gives him water.
(c) Gives him wine.
(d) Hugs him.
3. What does Lena use to block the fire from the wind?
(b) The corrugated iron.
(c) The wine.
(d) A box.
4. What is the translation for "dop"?
(d) Drink (of liquor).
5. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lena tell Outa they've come from?
2. What does "kaalgat" mean?
3. What language does Outa speak?
4. What did the Boer have on the farm?
5. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)