|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her scabs.
(b) Her bottles.
(c) Her fleas.
(d) Her bruises.
2. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
(a) A colored family.
(b) A white couple.
(c) A Chinaman.
(d) A black couple.
3. What happened before when Lena went to the police for Boesman beating her?
(a) They tried to hang Boesman.
(b) They arrested Boesman.
(c) They took her away.
(d) They didn't care.
4. What are "skelms"?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
5. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
2. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
3. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
4. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
5. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)