|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lena say Boesman worked for when they had a "real house"?
(a) A black couple.
(b) A white couple.
(c) A Chinaman.
(d) A colored family.
2. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A gem.
(b) A river.
(c) A person.
(d) A building.
3. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Washes clothes.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Cooks prawns.
(d) Sings and dances.
4. What does "kaalgat" mean?
5. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
(a) A kitten.
(b) Broken bottles.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
2. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What is "soeterigheid"?
5. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)