|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To go.
(b) To cook.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To stay.
2. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
3. What are "skelms"?
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
4. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her bruises.
(c) Her food.
(d) Her wine.
5. What does Lena accuse Boesman of being?
(b) Too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
3. Which Afrikaan phrase means "soaking wet"?
4. What is Lena referring to when she says, "Take your sack, knock on some back doors and it's full in no time"?
5. What does Lena carry under her arm?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)