|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say she'll do once she's got a new name?
(a) Give up dancing.
(b) Stop singing.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Leave Boesman.
2. What does Lena say that the tea is?
(a) Bitter and brown.
(d) Sweet and warm.
3. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Gives him water.
(c) Gives him wine.
(d) Shoves him off his seat.
4. What does "Babalas" mean?
(a) Hysterical laughter.
(d) Drunken stupor.
5. What is a pondok?
(a) A church.
(b) A shack.
(c) A battlefield.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena says, "When I want to cry, you want to" what?
2. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
3. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
4. What does Lena say that the bread should have on it?
5. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)