|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
(a) Gone with them.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Borrowed their clothes.
(d) Burned down the house.
2. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On a wagon.
(b) On her head.
(c) On her shoulders.
(d) On her back.
3. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An obscenity.
(b) A pleasant greeting.
(c) An endearment.
(d) A sound of relief.
4. What does Lena say that many of Outa's kind have given her and Boesman along the road?
5. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her bruises.
(b) Her scabs.
(c) Her bottles.
(d) Her fleas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say that Outa will do?
2. How much were the bottles worth that were broken?
3. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
4. Which character carries a mattress?
5. For what does Boesman say Lena almost broke her neck from looking behind her so much?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)