|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
(c) Prickly pears.
2. What did the two white children come to watch Lena count this morning?
(a) Her bruises.
(b) Her scabs.
(c) Her fleas.
(d) Her bottles.
3. What did the Boer have on the farm?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A bow and arrow.
4. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) An endearment.
(b) A sound of relief.
(c) An obscenity.
(d) A pleasant greeting.
5. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
(a) To stay.
(b) To buy wine.
(c) To go.
(d) To cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "skof" mean?
2. What does Lena meet the memory of on the old roads?
3. What does "kaalgat" mean?
4. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
5. What is the translation for "dop"?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)