|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) A Boer.
(b) A Zulu.
(c) The Chinese man.
(d) A Korsten.
2. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A building.
(b) A gem.
(c) A person.
(d) A river.
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
(a) Makes a trap with it.
(b) Hits Lena.
(c) Builds a lean-to.
(d) Uses it for the fire.
5. What is a pondok?
(a) A shack.
(b) A church.
(c) A battlefield.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
2. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
3. What does Boesman forbid the old man to do?
4. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
5. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)