|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boesman complain that Lena does?
(a) Is silent.
(b) Talks constantly.
(c) Laughs constantly.
(d) Cries constantly.
2. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
3. What does Lena say there's never enough of to sleep at night?
4. What does Lena show to Outa?
(a) Her food.
(b) Her wine.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her bruises.
5. What does Lena do after Boesman returns from getting shelter materials?
(a) Washes clothes.
(b) Builds the shelter.
(c) Cooks prawns.
(d) Sings and dances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
2. What followed Lena all the way back to Korsten?
3. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
4. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
5. Boesman tells Lena to tell the old man what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)