|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena say she hates in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The birds.
(c) The sky.
(d) The bats.
2. What is the translation for "dop"?
(d) Drink (of liquor).
3. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A sound of relief.
(b) A pleasant greeting.
(c) An endearment.
(d) An obscenity.
4. Who says, "It won't last long, but it's big enough. Not much to see. This is all. This is mine"?
5. What does Lena look up at when she and Boesman sit in Act 1?
(a) The bats.
(b) The rainbow.
(c) The birds.
(d) The clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the translation for "dog" in Africaan?
2. What does "Waar kry jy seer" mean?
3. Fill in the blank: "Once you've put your _____ on your head and walked you never get light again."
4. How does Lena carry her belongings?
5. Which character appears first in Act 1?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)