|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Babalas" mean?
(a) Drunken stupor.
(b) Hysterical laughter.
2. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Cooking utensils.
(c) A piece of currugated iron.
(d) A mattress.
3. What are "skelms"?
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
4. What did the white man do to Lena and Boesman's village?
(a) Flooded it.
(b) Looted it.
(c) Bulldozed it.
(d) Raided it.
5. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Hang herself.
(b) Find a man who loves her.
(c) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(d) Drown herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say that the tea is?
2. What does Boesman do with the piece of corrugated iron?
3. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
4. What does Lena give to Outa after he sits?
5. What did Lena ask the white family if they needed?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)