|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You don't like it when somebody else laughs. Well, you laughed at me for nothing"?
2. What language to Boesman and Lena speak?
3. What does Boesman say Lena will do when she's "had enough of this"?
(a) Load up and walk somewhere else.
(b) Find a man who loves her.
(c) Hang herself.
(d) Drown herself.
4. What does Lena keep trying to figure out during Act 1?
(a) Why Boesman is so kind to her.
(b) Where her dog has gone.
(c) Why the fire won't start.
(d) The order of where they've been.
5. What does Boesman do with his bread?
(a) Gobbles it down.
(b) Leaves it untouched.
(c) Nibbles it slowly.
(d) Throws it at the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena tell Outa she's not so good at?
2. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
3. What does "vrot ou huisie vir die grot mens" mean?
4. What does Boesman say that the "kaffirs" come here to do?
5. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)