|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Boesman complain that Lena does?
(a) Talks constantly.
(b) Is silent.
(c) Laughs constantly.
(d) Cries constantly.
3. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A river.
(b) A gem.
(c) A person.
(d) A building.
4. Who chased Boesman and Lena off their land?
(a) The Chinese man.
(b) A Boer.
(c) A Korsten.
(d) A Zulu.
5. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena begin doing after Boesman goes into the shelter?
2. What does Lena say God could do with the past day?
3. What does Boesman tell Lena she should have done at the white family's house?
4. What does "vlenterbroek" mean?
5. What does Lena ask Boesman for before making the fire?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)