|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena ask Boesman to do instead of hitting her?
(a) Touch her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Slap her.
(d) Kiss her.
2. Where did the child die?
3. What does Lena say that Boesman does to something he doesn't understand?
(a) Kills it.
(b) Hits it.
(c) Leaves it.
(d) Cradles it.
4. What does "oppas" mean?
(a) Watch out.
(b) Stop talking.
(c) Here I am.
(d) Look up.
5. What does Boesman do to the old man while Lena is looking for shelter materials?
(a) Gives him wine.
(b) Shoves him off his seat.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Gives him water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena say will happen to Boesman one day for beating her?
2. What does the phrase, "Die geraas van 'n vervloekte lewe" mean?
3. Who says, "We're the whiteman's rubbish. That's why he's so beneukt with us. He can't get rid of his rubbish"?
4. How much time passes between Act 1 and Act 2?
5. Which character says, "I know I'm here now. Why? Look at it, for God's sake. Is this the best you could do"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)