|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the play is black?
2. Who says, "It was bioscope, man! And I watched it. Beginning to end, the way it happened. I saw it. Me"?
3. What does the Afrikaan word "maer" mean?
4. What does Lena say is "the scenery" of her world?
(a) The churches.
(b) The sky.
(c) Boesman's back.
(d) The children.
5. What is "Jou moer!"?
(a) A pleasant greeting.
(b) An obscenity.
(c) A sound of relief.
(d) An endearment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes into the shelter at the end of Act 1?
2. What did Lena and Boesman collect after Redhouse?
3. Which character appears first in Act 1?
4. What does Lena bribe Boesman with to let Outa stay?
5. Which character says, "Hotnot and a Kaffer got no time for apartheid on a night like this. We must keep that bit of wood for later"?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)