1. Which male character in the play is referred to as "colored"?
2. How does Boesman carry his load?
(a) On a wagon.
(b) On his head.
(c) On his shoulders.
(d) On his back.
3. Which character carries a mattress?
4. How does Lena carry her belongings?
(a) On her head.
(b) On her back.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On her shoulders.
5. What is Boesman dragging along the ground in Act 1?
(a) A mattress.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A piece of currugated iron.
(d) Cooking utensils.
6. Which character appears first in Act 1?
7. What does Lena carry under her arm?
(b) A mattress.
(c) A cooking pot.
(d) A stove.
8. What shoes are Lena and Boesman wearing?
(d) Worn-out loafers.
9. How old are Lena and Boesman?
10. What does Lena clean from her toes?
11. What is "Swartkops?"
(a) A gem.
(b) A river.
(c) A building.
(d) A person.
This section contains 3,238 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)