|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer does the young wife say she was lost in when the husband puts his hands over her eyes?
2. What do they say doomed the Romanian wife?
3. What does the young wife say lays in the center of the room?
(a) A wheel
(b) A dead body
(c) A catafalque
(d) An iron maiden
4. How long does the husband say he has to go away for?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Six weeks
(c) Three days
(d) Two weeks
5. What does the maid bring the young wife for breakfast?
(a) Warm rolls
(d) Hot chocolate
6. What color are the curtains in the library?
7. For what reason does the young wife say she is crying?
(a) She missed Paris
(b) She does not like her husband
(c) She misses her mother
(d) She has gold taps
8. What type of material is the young wife's nightdress made from?
9. What does the young wife say is the worst thing about the Opera singer?
(a) She smells
(b) Her eyes are open
(c) She is smiling
(d) She looks alive
10. What does the young wife blame for the piano being out of tune?
(a) People stamping their feet
(b) Careless fingers
(c) The sea breeze
(d) The house keeper
11. What does the young wife say she needs to continue her music studies?
(a) A teacher
(b) A new piano
(c) A resident piano tuner
(d) A house away from the sea
12. What does the young wife decide the house needs?
(a) Lights! More lights
(b) A swimming pool
(c) Love! More love
13. What is the only thing the young wife says she can hear?
(a) The flap of bat wings
(b) The whistle of a breeze
(c) The murmuring of waves
(d) The burning of the candles
14. What does the wife stammer when when her husband kisses her?
(a) I need to get changed
(b) Are you hungry?
(c) I must go to the bathroom
(d) We have not had luncheon yet
15. What does the husband say the English call his private room?
(a) A public house
(b) An inn
(c) A castle
(d) A den
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young wife think her husband has left her for?
2. What does the young wife drink at dinner?
3. What is the only thing the young wife says she can manage on the piano?
4. What does the young wife say drove her on?
5. What does the young wife open?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)