|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the young wife see the outline of?
(a) A skeleton
(b) A torture rack
(c) A swinging carcass
(d) A human head
2. How did her husband's last wife die?
(a) Died giving birth
(c) A boating accident
(d) Committed suicide
3. What key does the husband ask his wife not to use?
(a) The last little one
(b) The wine cellar key
(c) None of them
(d) The one to his desk
4. How does the young wife describe her husband's movements?
(b) Slow like a neandrathal
(c) Like a ballet dance
(d) Coarse and vulgar
5. Who does the young see in the iron maiden?
(a) The house keeper
(b) Her mother
(c) Her husband
(d) The Romanian Countess
6. Where does her husband live?
7. What does the husband say the key opens?
(a) His mind
(b) His heart
(c) His wine cellar
(d) His enfer
8. Where is the room the husband does not want his wife to go?
(a) Next to the kitchen
(b) In the cellar
(c) The north tower
(d) The west tower
9. What does the young wife say her husband presses her to?
(a) The wall of the house
(b) His vicuna breast
(c) His pot belly
(d) The side of the car
10. How old is the young wife?
11. Why does the young wife think no one will believe her?
(a) She cannot speak their language
(b) She is just a white-faced girl from Paris
(c) She is a reknowned liar
(d) She is too young
12. What does the young wife have for breakfast?
(a) Gammon and eggs
(b) French toast
(c) Cinnamon toast
(d) Croissants and coffee
13. What does the young wife say is bad about the passage?
(a) It smells of death
(b) It is ill lit
(c) It is dusty and full of cobwebs
(d) It is full of rats
14. What does the husband say the English call his private room?
(a) An inn
(b) A public house
(c) A castle
(d) A den
15. What does the husband say the young wife must not play with?
(a) Grown up toys
(b) The staff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young wife drink at dinner?
2. What does the young wife say has now healed?
3. From what material is the mother's dress made?
4. How does the young wife describe the keys her husband gives her?
5. What type of desk does the husband have in his study?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)