|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Terry give Buddy for driving him around?
2. Why does Terry decide he should apologize to Tony?
3. What does she assure Leopold of?
4. After Buddy picks Terry up, where do the two men go?
5. What does Jaye think Terry should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Terry call Buddy after leaving Graciela?
2. Why does Buddy think that it is a bad idea for Terry to come home?
3. How does Terry figure out who the killer is?
4. After researching Kenyon's file, Terry decides to call Jaye with what information?
5. Why is Terry afraid to tell Graciela the truth about the killer?
6. Why is Dr. Fox angry when she sees Graciela and Terry?
7. When Terry learns the truth about the killer, how does he feel?
8. What do Steve Kang and Terry come to the same conclusion about?
9. After looking at the Kenyon files, what does Terry discover?
10. Unfortunately for Terry, what is Graciela not ready to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Graciela's character?
What is the driving force of this powerful woman and how does she use her grief to help her through a difficult time?
How do Graciela and Gloria seem to be similar?
Essay Topic 2
While the drama of murder courses throughout the book, Terry is also discovering that he can be made vulnerable and possibly fall in love.
How is meeting Graciela good for Terry?
Why is she the driving force in the action of the book? If she had never come to find Terry, would the events in the book ever occurred?
Essay Topic 3
When Terry discovers that Gloria, Cordell, and Kenyon were are killed to give him a heart donor, he feels extreme guilt.
Examine Terry's reaction to this guilt and discuss how he chooses to make amends for "taking lives," when it was not actually his fault they were killed.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)