|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carruthers deny when Terry calls him?
2. As Terry drives to Graciela's what does he suspect?
3. When Terry goes to see the Kangs, what do they figure out about the killer?
4. What favor does Terry ask of Buddy?
5. What type of car does Buddy drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the two hack into the Blood Center's database to check and see if the victims were also donors?
2. When Terry learns the truth about the killer, how does he feel?
3. Why is Terry afraid to tell Graciela the truth about the killer?
4. What happens at the big meeting on Monday morning?
5. When Terry gets an apology from Arrango, how does he feel?
6. Why does Terry call Buddy after leaving Graciela?
7. After researching Kenyon's file, Terry decides to call Jaye with what information?
8. What is Terry looking forward to this weekend (In Chapter 22)?
9. Why does Terry refuse to let Graciela take him back home?
10. When Terry returns to the marina, what does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the book ends, it seems as though Graciela and Terry will have a future together.
1. Examine their current relationship and how they can work to improve it.
2. Analyze Graciela's feelings for Terry and why she was extremely attracted to the man that has her sister's heart.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Terry and Jaye's investigation styles to one another.
How are the two agents alike or different?
How do Terry and Jaye use their instincts to surpass their colleagues (Arrango, Walters, etc)?
Essay Topic 3
Although he is only a minor character throughout the novel, Agent Arrango deeply impacts Terry's life. He does not makes getting information easy and is not interested in solving the case so that the victim's families will be happy.
The theme of selfishness and pride is evident while examining the character of Arrango. Comment on how you think this character conveys these two themes.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)