|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Terry goes through Cordell and Gloria's information, what does he learn about their day to day lives?
2. How many fish does Raymond catch?
3. Who provides Dr. Fox with a list of surgeon and patient names?
4. At this point in the book, how much of the case does Terry have figured out?
5. Who sends Terry a package containing the most recent Kenyon summaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Terry afraid to tell Graciela the truth about the killer?
2. Why is Terry so relucyant to turn himself into the FBI even though he knows he is innocent?
3. What makes Terry feel violated as he processes all of the information concerning the Code Killer?
4. After researching Kenyon's file, Terry decides to call Jaye with what information?
5. After seeing Tony, where do Terry and Buddy go?
6. At the end of Chapter 27, what startles Terry when he and Graciela are on the house boat together?
7. When Terry learns the truth about the killer, how does he feel?
8. How does Terry figure out who the killer is?
9. What is Terry looking forward to this weekend (In Chapter 22)?
10. Why does Terry refuse to let Graciela take him back home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Terry discovers that Gloria, Cordell, and Kenyon were are killed to give him a heart donor, he feels extreme guilt.
Examine Terry's reaction to this guilt and discuss how he chooses to make amends for "taking lives," when it was not actually his fault they were killed.
Essay Topic 2
The title of a novel can be the deciding factor in whether someone reads a book.
Describe how Connelly ties in the title of his novel with the content of the novel. Why is it important to have a title that captures the eye of an audience?
What does the title symbolize to 3 main characters?
Essay Topic 3
In Blood Work, Terry is set up by the killer. The Code Killer plants many pieces of evidence to ensure that Terry will be accused of all the killings.
1. Why was the FBI so quick to jump on Terry as the murderer?
2. Examine Terry's actions after her he accused. Does he do anything to take suspicion away from himself?
3. How was the FBI lazy at first regarding the cases but then two quick to judge Terry?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)