|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Luther Hatch?
2. What does Carruthers deny when Terry calls him?
3. After Buddy picks Terry up, where do the two men go?
4. Which agents apologize to Terry?
5. What made investigators at the FBI believe that Terry was the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Terry looking forward to this weekend (In Chapter 22)?
2. What ruins the mood of the potentially exciting and intimate weekend?
3. When Terry learns the truth about the killer, how does he feel?
4. After visiting Graciela at work, what does Terry reveal concerning the connection between the three victims?
5. What happens at the big meeting on Monday morning?
6. After researching Kenyon's file, Terry decides to call Jaye with what information?
7. Why does Buddy think that it is a bad idea for Terry to come home?
8. Why is Dr. Fox angry when she sees Graciela and Terry?
9. Unfortunately for Terry, what is Graciela not ready to do?
10. When Terry gets an apology from Arrango, how does he feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women throughout the book.
Describe how they assert themselves physically and emotionally during the novel:
- Dr Fox
Does this make them more powerful characters?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the Code Killer/James Noone/Daniel Crimmons was driven to kill?
Secondly, why was Terry unable to profile the killer and understand that these three people were the same?
Essay Topic 3
When Terry discovers that Gloria, Cordell, and Kenyon were are killed to give him a heart donor, he feels extreme guilt.
Examine Terry's reaction to this guilt and discuss how he chooses to make amends for "taking lives," when it was not actually his fault they were killed.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)