|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cross important?
2. How many cups of coffee does Terry have?
3. Why does Terry get mad at Buddy?
4. What must Terry be careful about concerning Buddy?
5. What does Terry bring to Arrango and Walters as a bribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Terry gets back home, what does he tell Jaye they need to do?
2. After his meeting with Graciela, how does Terry feel?
3. What do Jaye and Terry come to the conclusion of concerning Gloria's earring?
4. Why is Buddy so shocked to see Terry in an uncomfortable state?
5. As the agents and Terry discuss the murder, what do they decide about the murder?
6. When Terry asks Arrango about the time discrepancy in the Gloria Torres case, how does Arrango respond?
7. As the novel begins, what physical condition is Terry dealing with?
8. What makes Terry reconsider his weekend plans?
9. How does Buddy help to discover what is missing from James Cordell's personal effects?
10. After the end of the interview, what does Terry tell Arrango?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Blood Work, Terry is set up by the killer. The Code Killer plants many pieces of evidence to ensure that Terry will be accused of all the killings.
1. Why was the FBI so quick to jump on Terry as the murderer?
2. Examine Terry's actions after her he accused. Does he do anything to take suspicion away from himself?
3. How was the FBI lazy at first regarding the cases but then two quick to judge Terry?
Essay Topic 2
How are Terry, Graciela and Raymond all bound to each other now?
How does Terry's new hart make him a part of a family, even if he never imagined he could be a part of one?
Essay Topic 3
1. What are the typical characteristics of a protagonist in a mystery novel?
2. How does or doesn't Terry live up to the criteria you have developed?
3. In using a character like Terry, has Connelly created any new characteristics of the murder mystery hero?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)