|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is very reluctant to speak with Terry?
2. How does Terry feel about Raymond?
3. Who must give Arrango permission to give the tapes to Terry?
4. In both of the videos of Gloria and James' murder, what happens?
5. Who will perform the hypnotism on James Noone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do police rarely use hypnotism in their investigations?
2. Why is Buddy so shocked to see Terry in an uncomfortable state?
3. How would you classify Blood Work by Micheal Connelly and how does the plot of the novel extend?
4. What happens during Noone's hypnotism?
5. As the novel begins, what physical condition is Terry dealing with?
6. As Terry begins to go through all of the Cordell case information, what does he notice about the items?
7. What do the officers show to Terry that is extremely hard for him to digest?
8. After the end of the interview, what does Terry tell Arrango?
9. What do the earrings and picture prove about the killer?
10. Why does Bolotov choose to attack Terry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although he is only a minor character throughout the novel, Agent Arrango deeply impacts Terry's life. He does not makes getting information easy and is not interested in solving the case so that the victim's families will be happy.
The theme of selfishness and pride is evident while examining the character of Arrango. Comment on how you think this character conveys these two themes.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the Code Killer/James Noone/Daniel Crimmons was driven to kill?
Secondly, why was Terry unable to profile the killer and understand that these three people were the same?
Essay Topic 3
The fun of a mystery novel is figuring out who committed the crime, so Connelly could not give away who the murderer was in the first couple pages.
How does Connelly set the following characters up to look like they are the killer?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)