|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arrango take pleasure in?
2. Why couldn't Noone give more of a description of the shooter?
3. What does Terry realize about Gloria's killing?
4. What does Terry conclude about the killer?
5. Who has a difficult time watching the murder on tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Terry call this person to get more information regarding the James Cordell case?
2. How would you classify Blood Work by Micheal Connelly and how does the plot of the novel extend?
3. When Terry gets back home, what does he tell Jaye they need to do?
4. As Terry begins to go through all of the Cordell case information, what does he notice about the items?
5. After visiting VGC (Video GraFX Consultants) and Deltona Clocks, where does Terry go?
6. Why does Dr. Fox decide to release Terry from her care?
7. What do the earrings and picture prove about the killer?
8. Why is Terry surprised to see Graciela and Raymond at his door step?
9. What happens during Noone's hypnotism?
10. What do the officers show to Terry that is extremely hard for him to digest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain why the pace of a mystery novel is essential to the story.
2. Analyze how Connelly chooses to reveal important details.
3. How does this establish the plot and keep the reader constantly surprised.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Terry and Jaye's investigation styles to one another.
How are the two agents alike or different?
How do Terry and Jaye use their instincts to surpass their colleagues (Arrango, Walters, etc)?
Essay Topic 3
How are Terry, Graciela and Raymond all bound to each other now?
How does Terry's new hart make him a part of a family, even if he never imagined he could be a part of one?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)