|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will perform the hypnotism on James Noone?
2. What must Terry be careful about concerning Buddy?
3. Why does Terry go to the store where the murders occurred?
4. How long has it been since the heart transplant?
5. What does Terry notice about the shooter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Terry reconsider his weekend plans?
2. After his meeting with Graciela, how does Terry feel?
3. What do Jaye and Terry come to the conclusion of concerning Gloria's earring?
4. Why does Bolotov choose to attack Terry?
5. How would you classify Blood Work by Micheal Connelly and how does the plot of the novel extend?
6. How does Buddy help to discover what is missing from James Cordell's personal effects?
7. Why is Terry surprised to see Graciela and Raymond at his door step?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 7, where does Terry meet Graciela to give her an upgrade on the case?
9. After visiting VGC (Video GraFX Consultants) and Deltona Clocks, where does Terry go?
10. What does Terry notice about Gloria's file information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although he is only a minor character throughout the novel, Agent Arrango deeply impacts Terry's life. He does not makes getting information easy and is not interested in solving the case so that the victim's families will be happy.
The theme of selfishness and pride is evident while examining the character of Arrango. Comment on how you think this character conveys these two themes.
Essay Topic 2
1. What are the typical characteristics of a protagonist in a mystery novel?
2. How does or doesn't Terry live up to the criteria you have developed?
3. In using a character like Terry, has Connelly created any new characteristics of the murder mystery hero?
Essay Topic 3
1. Explain why the pace of a mystery novel is essential to the story.
2. Analyze how Connelly chooses to reveal important details.
3. How does this establish the plot and keep the reader constantly surprised.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)