|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Terry banned from doing after his surgery?
2. What does Bolotov decide concerning Terry?
3. Why couldn't Noone give more of a description of the shooter?
4. What does Terry realize about Gloria's killing?
5. What has James Noone agreed to do for Terry and Jaye?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Terry gets back home, what does he tell Jaye they need to do?
2. What makes Terry reconsider his weekend plans?
3. What does Terry notice about Gloria's file information?
4. When Terry asks Arrango about the time discrepancy in the Gloria Torres case, how does Arrango respond?
5. After his meeting with Graciela, how does Terry feel?
6. After visiting VGC (Video GraFX Consultants) and Deltona Clocks, where does Terry go?
7. Who is responsible for solving Gloria's case and how do they react to Terry's desire for involvement?
8. As the novel begins, what physical condition is Terry dealing with?
9. After the end of the interview, what does Terry tell Arrango?
10. How would you classify Blood Work by Micheal Connelly and how does the plot of the novel extend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Terry and Jaye's investigation styles to one another.
How are the two agents alike or different?
How do Terry and Jaye use their instincts to surpass their colleagues (Arrango, Walters, etc)?
Essay Topic 2
How are Terry, Graciela and Raymond all bound to each other now?
How does Terry's new hart make him a part of a family, even if he never imagined he could be a part of one?
Essay Topic 3
1. Explain why the pace of a mystery novel is essential to the story.
2. Analyze how Connelly chooses to reveal important details.
3. How does this establish the plot and keep the reader constantly surprised.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)