|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
2. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
3. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
4. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
5. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in Bleak House, Richard Carstone intends to be an MRCS, or "Member of the Royal College of Surgeons." Research this institution and determine whether it still exists and its current status.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the use of flowers in Bleak House. Dickens employs flowers several times in very specific, symbolic ways. Examine the symbolism and determine if there is a common thread in the instances where flowers appear.
Essay Topic 3
London's Court of Chancery actually existed at one time. Write a well-researched essay about the Chancery, its structure, its intended purpose and its eventual demise. Can you compare the institution to any that are in existence today?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)