|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
2. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
3. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
4. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
5. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-researched essay on England's "work-houses" for the indigent. You should include how they came to be, what they offered, the conditions present, and whether anything like them exists today. If they were closed, when and why did this take place?
Essay Topic 2
There is much intrigue and undelivered communication that makes the plot of Bleak House complex and, at times, confusing. Examine in an essay all the ways in which Dickens portrays the dangers of mixed messages and miscommunication in Bleak House.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the use of flowers in Bleak House. Dickens employs flowers several times in very specific, symbolic ways. Examine the symbolism and determine if there is a common thread in the instances where flowers appear.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)