|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
2. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
3. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
4. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
5. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
London's Court of Chancery actually existed at one time. Write a well-researched essay about the Chancery, its structure, its intended purpose and its eventual demise. Can you compare the institution to any that are in existence today?
Essay Topic 2
Jarndyce v. Jarndyce comes to an end, just as Esther's adult life begins to take form. In its wake, the lawsuit has swept away many people, and the plot of the story has been cleaned up and tied up. What is Dickens trying to say, with Esther now being a happy woman, the misunderstandings smoothed out, Miss Flite's birds being free, and other semi-happy endings offered in Bleak House?
Essay Topic 3
The Rouncewell family is in the iron business, Mr. Rouncewell being an "ironmaster." Research industrial progress in England in the 1850s, what had been accomplished by that time, and what was in the works. How did industry affect the country, in general, at that time?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)