|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Mr. Woodcourt.
(b) Sir Leicester.
(c) Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Mr. Skimpole.
2. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To tell the truth about her life.
(c) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(d) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
3. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(b) Esther made her leave him
(c) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) She had someone better in mind.
4. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two sons.
(b) Twin sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two daughters.
5. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(b) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
2. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
3. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
4. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
5. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)