|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Richard.
(b) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Jo and Jenny.
(d) Tom's All-alone.
2. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
(b) From Leicester as wages.
(c) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(d) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
3. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(b) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(c) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(d) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
4. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Twin sons.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Two sons.
(d) One daughter.
5. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(b) Learns to play the fife.
(c) Surprises George by arresting him.
(d) Decides that George is a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
3. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
4. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
5. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)