|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Surprises George by arresting him.
(b) Decides that George is a friend.
(c) Learns to play the fife.
(d) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
2. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
(b) From Leicester as wages.
(c) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(d) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
3. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was doomed.
(b) Was disingenuous.
(c) Is null and void.
(d) Was based on money.
4. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His son.
(d) His nephew.
5. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(b) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(c) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(d) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
2. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
3. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
4. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
5. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)