|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was based on money.
(b) Was disingenuous.
(c) Is null and void.
(d) Was doomed.
2. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Be good to their mothers.
(b) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(c) Agree never to see one another again.
(d) Will withdraw from the legal action.
3. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) She is the murderer.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
(d) She has been wronged by everyone.
4. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) A change to her face.
(b) A new sense of vitality.
(c) Permanent blindness.
5. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Jenny.
(b) Tom's All-alone.
(c) Jo and Richard.
(d) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
2. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
3. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
4. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
5. George is thought to have ___________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)