|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) A change to her face.
(b) Permanent blindness.
(d) A new sense of vitality.
2. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Quiet and apathetic.
(b) Lively and busy.
(d) Serene and pleasant.
3. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) Richard has inherited everything.
(b) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(d) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
4. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(c) Mrs. Bucket.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
5. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was based on money.
(b) Was doomed.
(c) Was disingenuous.
(d) Is null and void.
Short Answer Questions
1. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
2. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
3. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
4. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
5. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)