|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Richard.
(b) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Tom's All-alone.
(d) Jo and Jenny.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(b) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(c) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
3. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is tired of Richard.
(b) Is terminally ill.
(c) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(d) Is married to Richard.
4. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(c) To tell the truth about her life.
(d) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
5. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
2. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
3. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
4. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
5. After many years, George meets with ___________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)