|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
2. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows no one believes him.
(b) He knows he is innocent.
(c) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(d) He knows he will have to lie.
3. Mr. Jandyce, in his wisdom, knows that Esther will be happiest ___________.
(a) With Woodcourt.
(b) Marrying him.
(c) Near her family.
(d) Staying single.
4. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
(c) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(d) Richard has inherited everything.
5. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(b) Shot through the heart.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Secretly in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
2. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
3. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
4. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
5. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)