|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Mrs. Rouncewell.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(b) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(c) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
3. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) A change to her face.
(b) A new sense of vitality.
(d) Permanent blindness.
4. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Robbed the Bagnets.
(b) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(c) Betrayed young Jo.
(d) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
5. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Finally sees her scarred face.
(b) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Wishes Richard would return.
(d) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
2. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
3. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
4. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
5. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)