|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(d) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
2. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(b) He knows he is innocent.
(c) He knows he will have to lie.
(d) He knows no one believes him.
3. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) An older will.
(b) A new will.
(c) An affidavit.
(d) A lost contract.
4. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her suitor.
(c) Her father figure and guardian.
(d) Her lawyer.
5. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(b) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(c) From Leicester as wages.
(d) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
2. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
3. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
4. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
5. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)