|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Impending illness.
(b) Relationship with Vholes.
(c) Wealth and status.
(d) Presence at the Chancery.
2. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(b) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(c) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(d) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
3. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(c) She had someone better in mind.
(d) Esther made her leave him
4. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her father figure and guardian.
(b) Her suitor.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Her best friend.
5. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(b) Mr. Bucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
2. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
3. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
4. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
5. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)