|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(d) Mr. Bucket.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(b) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(c) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
3. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) Without thinking.
(b) As a secret pact.
(c) As a writing sample.
(d) To extort money.
4. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her father figure and guardian.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) Her suitor.
5. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(b) Agree never to see one another again.
(c) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(d) Be good to their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
2. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
3. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
4. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
5. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)