|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Secretly in love with her.
(b) Shot through the heart.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Missing and nowhere to be found.
2. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Be good to their mothers.
(b) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(c) Agree never to see one another again.
(d) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
3. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(c) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(d) To tell the truth about her life.
4. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed young Jo.
(b) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(c) Robbed the Bagnets.
(d) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
5. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(c) Wishes Richard would return.
(d) Finally sees her scarred face.
Short Answer Questions
1. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
3. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
4. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
5. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)