Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Richard.
(b) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Tom's All-alone.
(d) Jo and Jenny.
2. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(b) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(c) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
3. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is tired of Richard.
(b) Is terminally ill.
(c) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(d) Is married to Richard.
4. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(c) To tell the truth about her life.
(d) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
5. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
6. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Snagsby's house.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In Chancery Lane.
(d) In Tom's All-alone.
7. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
(b) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(c) Richard has inherited everything.
(d) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
8. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Ms. Barbary.
9. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was disingenuous.
(b) Was doomed.
(c) Is null and void.
(d) Was based on money.
10. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
11. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Agree never to see one another again.
(b) Be good to their mothers.
(c) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(d) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
12. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) An affidavit.
(b) A new will.
(c) A lost contract.
(d) An older will.
13. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Mr. Woodcourt.
(b) Sir Leicester.
(c) Mr. Skimpole.
(d) Mr. Jarndyce.
14. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(d) Mr. Bucket.
15. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(a) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
2. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
3. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
4. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
5. George is thought to have ___________.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)