|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(b) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(c) His fees will be exorbitant.
(d) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
2. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Chancery Lane.
(b) In Snagsby's house.
(c) In the cemetery.
(d) In Tom's All-alone.
3. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(b) Decides that George is a friend.
(c) Learns to play the fife.
(d) Surprises George by arresting him.
4. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
5. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
6. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(b) Ada's offer to Richard.
(c) Richards new inheritance.
(d) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
7. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) Esther made her leave him
(b) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) She had someone better in mind.
(d) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
8. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Twin sons.
(b) One daughter.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Two daughters.
9. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) Richard has inherited everything.
(b) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
(c) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
10. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Betrayed young Jo.
(d) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
11. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) His own political views.
(b) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(c) The ruination of England.
(d) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
12. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is terminally ill.
(b) Is married to Richard.
(c) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(d) Is tired of Richard.
13. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(b) Mrs. Bucket.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
14. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) For him to get her a new job.
(b) For him to pay her more money.
(c) To raise her place in society.
(d) To be married to him.
15. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) A change to her face.
(c) Permanent blindness.
(d) A new sense of vitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
2. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
3. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
4. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
5. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)