|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) One daughter.
(b) Twin sons.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) Two sons.
2. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(c) Mrs. Bucket.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
3. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
(b) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(c) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(d) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
4. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) A new sense of vitality.
(b) A change to her face.
(d) Permanent blindness.
5. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Esther made her leave him
(c) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(d) She had someone better in mind.
6. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(b) Ada's offer to Richard.
(c) Richards new inheritance.
(d) Richard's dismal financial situation.
7. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(b) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(c) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
(d) From Leicester as wages.
8. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is married to Richard.
(b) Is terminally ill.
(c) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(d) Is tired of Richard.
9. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Mr. Skimpole.
(b) Sir Leicester.
(c) Mr. Woodcourt.
(d) Mr. Jarndyce.
10. Since Richard's death, Ada ___________.
(a) Is seeing Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Has taken to staying in bed.
(c) Is under Esther's care.
(d) Is having several more children.
11. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Is null and void.
(b) Was doomed.
(c) Was based on money.
(d) Was disingenuous.
12. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows no one believes him.
(b) He knows he will have to lie.
(c) He knows he is innocent.
(d) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
13. Mr. Jandyce, in his wisdom, knows that Esther will be happiest ___________.
(a) Near her family.
(b) With Woodcourt.
(c) Staying single.
(d) Marrying him.
14. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(a) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
15. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(b) Agree never to see one another again.
(c) Be good to their mothers.
(d) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
2. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
3. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
4. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
5. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)