|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A stroke.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A fit of laughing.
2. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Twin sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two sons.
3. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(b) Permanent blindness.
(c) A new sense of vitality.
(d) A change to her face.
4. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(c) Mr. Bucket.
5. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(b) Ms. Barbary.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(c) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(d) To tell the truth about her life.
7. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(b) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(c) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(d) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
8. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Betrayed young Jo.
9. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her suitor.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her father figure and guardian.
10. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Relationship with Vholes.
(b) Presence at the Chancery.
(c) Wealth and status.
(d) Impending illness.
11. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was based on money.
(b) Is null and void.
(c) Was doomed.
(d) Was disingenuous.
12. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Shot through the heart.
(b) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Secretly in love with her.
13. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(c) Mrs. Bucket.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
14. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(b) He knows he will have to lie.
(c) He knows no one believes him.
(d) He knows he is innocent.
15. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(b) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
(c) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(d) Ms. Flite's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
2. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
3. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
4. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
5. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)