|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(d) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
2. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
3. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) An older will.
(b) A lost contract.
(c) A new will.
(d) An affidavit.
4. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(b) Is married to Richard.
(c) Is tired of Richard.
(d) Is terminally ill.
5. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Quiet and apathetic.
(c) Serene and pleasant.
(d) Lively and busy.
6. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Wishes Richard would return.
(b) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(d) Finally sees her scarred face.
7. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Agree never to see one another again.
(b) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(c) Be good to their mothers.
(d) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
8. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) To raise her place in society.
(b) For him to pay her more money.
(c) For him to get her a new job.
(d) To be married to him.
9. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(b) Mr. Bucket.
10. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Twin sons.
11. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Sir Leicester.
(b) Mr. Skimpole.
(c) Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Mr. Woodcourt.
12. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) To tell the truth about her life.
(b) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(c) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(d) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
13. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(b) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
14. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Ada's offer to Richard.
(b) Richards new inheritance.
(c) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(d) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
15. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows he will have to lie.
(b) He knows he is innocent.
(c) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(d) He knows no one believes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
2. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
3. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
4. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
5. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)