|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
2. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(b) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(c) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(d) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
3. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
(b) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(c) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Richard has inherited everything.
4. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Quiet and apathetic.
(b) Serene and pleasant.
(c) Lively and busy.
5. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In Tom's All-alone.
(c) In Chancery Lane.
(d) In Snagsby's house.
6. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A fit of laughing.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A stroke.
7. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Richard.
(b) Jo and Jenny.
(c) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Tom's All-alone.
8. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) Esther made her leave him
(b) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(c) She had someone better in mind.
(d) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
9. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
(a) Adopted Jo.
(b) Still loves her.
(c) Loves his wife.
(d) Dislikes Mr. Jarndyce.
10. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(b) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(c) Richards new inheritance.
(d) Ada's offer to Richard.
11. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) She has been wronged by everyone.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
(d) She is the murderer.
12. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) For him to pay her more money.
(b) To raise her place in society.
(c) To be married to him.
(d) For him to get her a new job.
13. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
14. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Secretly in love with her.
(b) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Shot through the heart.
15. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) As a writing sample.
(b) Without thinking.
(c) To extort money.
(d) As a secret pact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
2. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
3. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
4. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
5. After many years, George meets with ___________.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)