|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Lively and busy.
(b) Serene and pleasant.
(c) Quiet and apathetic.
2. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
3. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Impending illness.
(b) Relationship with Vholes.
(c) Presence at the Chancery.
(d) Wealth and status.
4. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) From Leicester as wages.
(b) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(c) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(d) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
5. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Ms. Barbary.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(b) Shot through the heart.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Secretly in love with her.
7. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(d) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
8. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(c) Mr. Bucket.
9. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows no one believes him.
(b) He knows he is innocent.
(c) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(d) He knows he will have to lie.
10. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
11. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was doomed.
(b) Is null and void.
(c) Was based on money.
(d) Was disingenuous.
12. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(b) Mrs. Bucket.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
13. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(b) A new sense of vitality.
(c) Permanent blindness.
(d) A change to her face.
14. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(b) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(c) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
(d) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
15. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Snagsby's house.
(b) In the cemetery.
(c) In Chancery Lane.
(d) In Tom's All-alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
2. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
3. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
4. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
5. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)