|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Betrayed young Jo.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Robbed the Bagnets.
2. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Relationship with Vholes.
(b) Presence at the Chancery.
(c) Wealth and status.
(d) Impending illness.
3. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(b) Mr. Bucket.
4. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(b) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(c) Ada's offer to Richard.
(d) Richards new inheritance.
5. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Ms. Barbary.
(b) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Shot through the heart.
(b) Secretly in love with her.
(c) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(d) Finished with the family.
7. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) From Leicester as wages.
(b) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(c) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
(d) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
8. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) His fees will be exorbitant.
(b) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(c) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(d) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
9. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(b) Wishes Richard would return.
(c) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Finally sees her scarred face.
10. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(d) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
11. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A broken leg.
(c) A fit of laughing.
(d) A stroke.
12. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) One daughter.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Twin sons.
(d) Two sons.
13. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(b) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Mrs. Rouncewell.
14. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(b) The ruination of England.
(c) His own political views.
(d) Lady Dedlock's secret.
15. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Quiet and apathetic.
(b) Lively and busy.
(d) Serene and pleasant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
2. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
3. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
4. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
5. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)