|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Betrayed young Jo.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Robbed the Bagnets.
2. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(b) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(c) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(d) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
3. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) As a writing sample.
(b) As a secret pact.
(c) Without thinking.
(d) To extort money.
4. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(a) Mr. Bucket.
5. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Ms. Barbary.
6. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Twin sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two sons.
7. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
8. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(d) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
9. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(a) Permanent blindness.
(b) A new sense of vitality.
(d) A change to her face.
10. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(b) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(c) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(d) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
11. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
(b) From Leicester as wages.
(c) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(d) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
12. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Chancery Lane.
(b) In Tom's All-alone.
(c) In Snagsby's house.
(d) In the cemetery.
13. Since Richard's death, Ada ___________.
(a) Is having several more children.
(b) Has taken to staying in bed.
(c) Is under Esther's care.
(d) Is seeing Mr. Jarndyce.
14. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her father figure and guardian.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her suitor.
(d) Her best friend.
15. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
2. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
3. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
4. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
5. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)