|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Snagsby.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Mrs. Rouncewell.
2. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Wishes Richard would return.
(b) Finally sees her scarred face.
(c) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(d) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
3. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(b) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(c) His own political views.
(d) The ruination of England.
4. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
(a) Adopted Jo.
(b) Still loves her.
(c) Loves his wife.
(d) Dislikes Mr. Jarndyce.
5. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Finished with the family.
(b) Secretly in love with her.
(c) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(d) Shot through the heart.
6. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) She is the murderer.
(d) She has been wronged by everyone.
7. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(b) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(c) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(d) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
8. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
9. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) To raise her place in society.
(b) For him to get her a new job.
(c) For him to pay her more money.
(d) To be married to him.
10. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(d) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
11. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
(a) Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Mr. Woodcourt.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
12. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Lively and busy.
(b) Quiet and apathetic.
(d) Serene and pleasant.
13. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) One daughter.
(b) Two sons.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) Twin sons.
14. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is terminally ill.
(b) Is tired of Richard.
(c) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(d) Is married to Richard.
15. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(b) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(c) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(d) To tell the truth about her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
2. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
3. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
4. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
5. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)