|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Secretly in love with her.
(b) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(c) Shot through the heart.
(d) Finished with the family.
2. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Relationship with Vholes.
(b) Presence at the Chancery.
(c) Wealth and status.
(d) Impending illness.
3. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Betrayed young Jo.
4. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Chancery Lane.
(b) In Tom's All-alone.
(c) In Snagsby's house.
(d) In the cemetery.
5. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She had someone better in mind.
(b) Esther made her leave him
(c) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(d) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
6. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
7. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
8. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(b) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(c) His fees will be exorbitant.
(d) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
9. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(c) Mrs. Bucket.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
10. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
(a) Jo and Jenny.
(b) Tom's All-alone.
(c) Jo and Richard.
(d) Esther and Mr. Jarndyce.
11. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her suitor.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her father figure and guardian.
(d) Her lawyer.
12. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(b) Finally sees her scarred face.
(c) Wishes Richard would return.
(d) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
13. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) For him to pay her more money.
(b) To raise her place in society.
(c) To be married to him.
(d) For him to get her a new job.
14. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(b) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
15. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(b) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(c) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(d) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
2. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
3. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
4. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
5. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)