|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(c) Mr. Bucket.
2. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(b) The ruination of England.
(c) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(d) His own political views.
3. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) She is the murderer.
(d) She has been wronged by everyone.
4. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(b) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(c) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(d) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
5. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(a) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Mrs. Bucket.
6. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She had someone better in mind.
(b) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Esther made her leave him
(d) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
7. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(c) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
8. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Agree never to see one another again.
(b) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(c) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(d) Be good to their mothers.
9. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her father figure and guardian.
(d) Her suitor.
10. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
(a) Still loves her.
(b) Adopted Jo.
(c) Dislikes Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Loves his wife.
11. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
(c) Finally sees her scarred face.
(d) Wishes Richard would return.
12. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(d) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
13. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
(a) By Richard for introducing him to Mr. Vhole.
(b) By Mr. Jarndyce to stay away from Richard.
(c) From Leicester as wages.
(d) By Esther to keep Richard away from the lawsuit.
14. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) A lost contract.
(b) A new will.
(c) An affidavit.
(d) An older will.
15. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
2. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
3. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
4. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
5. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)