|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(c) She had someone better in mind.
(d) Esther made her leave him
2. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(b) Surprises George by arresting him.
(c) Decides that George is a friend.
(d) Learns to play the fife.
3. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In Chancery Lane.
(c) In Snagsby's house.
(d) In Tom's All-alone.
4. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(b) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(c) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(d) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
5. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Mr. Woodcourt.
(d) Mr. Jarndyce.
6. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) A lost contract.
(b) An older will.
(c) A new will.
(d) An affidavit.
7. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two daughters.
(b) Two sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Twin sons.
8. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(a) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
9. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Mr. Woodcourt.
(c) Mr. Skimpole.
(d) Sir Leicester.
10. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Shot through the heart.
(b) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(c) Finished with the family.
(d) Secretly in love with her.
11. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was disingenuous.
(b) Was based on money.
(c) Was doomed.
(d) Is null and void.
12. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Mrs. Bucket.
13. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
14. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is married to Richard.
(b) Is tired of Richard.
(c) Is terminally ill.
(d) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
15. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(b) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(c) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Woodcourt wants to help ___________.
2. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
3. George is thought to have ___________.
4. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
5. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)