|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(b) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(c) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(d) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
2. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock.
(b) Ms. Barbary.
(c) Mademoiselle Hortense.
3. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
(a) Still loves her.
(b) Loves his wife.
(c) Adopted Jo.
(d) Dislikes Mr. Jarndyce.
4. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was disingenuous.
(b) Was doomed.
(c) Was based on money.
(d) Is null and void.
5. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His sister.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
6. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) The ruination of England.
(b) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(c) His own political views.
(d) Lady Dedlock's secret.
7. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A fit of laughing.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A stroke.
8. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(b) He knows he will have to lie.
(c) He knows he is innocent.
(d) He knows no one believes him.
9. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In Chancery Lane.
(b) In Snagsby's house.
(c) In Tom's All-alone.
(d) In the cemetery.
10. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) As a writing sample.
(b) Without thinking.
(c) To extort money.
(d) As a secret pact.
11. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Ada's offer to Richard.
(b) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(c) Richards new inheritance.
(d) Richard's dismal financial situation.
12. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Secretly in love with her.
(b) Shot through the heart.
(c) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(d) Finished with the family.
13. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(b) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(c) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(d) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
14. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(b) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
15. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
2. George is thought to have ___________.
3. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
4. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
5. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)