|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
2. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Was doomed.
(b) Was disingenuous.
(c) Is null and void.
(d) Was based on money.
3. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(b) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(c) The ruination of England.
(d) His own political views.
4. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richards new inheritance.
(b) Ada's offer to Richard.
(c) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(d) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
5. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) A lost contract.
(b) An older will.
(c) An affidavit.
(d) A new will.
6. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
7. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(b) Finished with the family.
(c) Shot through the heart.
(d) Secretly in love with her.
8. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(b) Quiet and apathetic.
(c) Serene and pleasant.
(d) Lively and busy.
9. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Mrs. Rouncewell.
10. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her suitor.
(d) Her father figure and guardian.
11. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Learns to play the fife.
(b) Decides that George is a friend.
(c) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(d) Surprises George by arresting him.
12. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Betrayed young Jo.
13. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Relationship with Vholes.
(b) Wealth and status.
(c) Impending illness.
(d) Presence at the Chancery.
14. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows no one believes him.
(b) He knows he will have to lie.
(c) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(d) He knows he is innocent.
15. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Two daughters.
(b) One daughter.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Twin sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
2. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
3. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
4. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
5. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)