|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
(a) Tulkinghorn is related to her.
(b) She is Jo's mother.
(c) She is Charley's mother.
(d) She is Esther's mother.
2. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
(d) Betrayed young Jo.
3. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In Chancery Lane.
(c) In Snagsby's house.
(d) In Tom's All-alone.
4. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
(a) Her father figure and guardian.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her suitor.
(d) Her best friend.
5. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Relationship with Vholes.
(b) Impending illness.
(c) Presence at the Chancery.
(d) Wealth and status.
6. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) The ruination of England.
(b) His own political views.
(c) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(d) Lady Dedlock's secret.
7. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Ms. Barbary.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
8. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
(b) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
(c) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(d) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
9. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Ada's offer to Richard.
(b) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(c) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(d) Richards new inheritance.
10. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Learns to play the fife.
(b) Decides that George is a friend.
(c) Surprises George by arresting him.
(d) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
11. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
(a) An older will.
(b) A new will.
(c) A lost contract.
(d) An affidavit.
12. Vohles assures Richard that ___________.
(a) He knows all about Lady Dedlock.
(b) His prospects for winning the suit are good.
(c) He will be sorry for being involved in the suit.
(d) His fees will be exorbitant.
13. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
14. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Serene and pleasant.
(c) Quiet and apathetic.
(d) Lively and busy.
15. George refuses to get a lawyer and wants to defend himself because ___________.
(a) He knows no one believes him.
(b) He knows who murdered Tulkinghorn.
(c) He knows he will have to lie.
(d) He knows he is innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
2. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
3. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
4. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
5. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)