|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
(a) Mr. Bucket.
2. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(b) Richards new inheritance.
(c) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(d) Ada's offer to Richard.
3. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) Richard has inherited everything.
(b) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(c) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
4. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(b) She had someone better in mind.
(c) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Esther made her leave him
5. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(a) Mrs. Rouncewell.
(b) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(b) His own political views.
(c) The ruination of England.
(d) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
7. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(a) Lively and busy.
(b) Quiet and apathetic.
(d) Serene and pleasant.
8. Esther learns that Mr. Woodcourt ___________.
(a) Loves his wife.
(b) Adopted Jo.
(c) Dislikes Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Still loves her.
9. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His nephew.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His son.
10. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(b) Agree never to see one another again.
(c) Be good to their mothers.
(d) Will withdraw from the legal action.
11. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(a) Mrs. Bucket.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
12. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) She has been wronged by everyone.
(d) She is the murderer.
13. Caddy begins to feel better under the care of ___________.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Mr. Woodcourt.
14. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
15. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) Twin sons.
(b) Two sons.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Two daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Jandyce, in his wisdom, knows that Esther will be happiest ___________.
2. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
3. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
4. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
5. Mr. Jarndyce turns Esther over to Woodcourt and again becomes ___________.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)