|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It turns out that the deceased Mr. Krook is ___________.
(a) Mr. Tulkinghorn's brother.
(b) Ms. Flite's best friend.
(c) Grandmother Smallweed's brother.
(d) Mr. Guppy's father-in-law.
2. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(b) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
3. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
(a) She is Jo's mother.
(b) She is Esther's mother.
(c) She is Charley's mother.
(d) Tulkinghorn is related to her.
4. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
(a) Is null and void.
(b) Was disingenuous.
(c) Was based on money.
(d) Was doomed.
5. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
(b) Serene and pleasant.
(c) Lively and busy.
(d) Quiet and apathetic.
6. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(b) Ada's offer to Richard.
(c) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(d) Richards new inheritance.
7. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) Richard has inherited everything.
(b) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(d) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
8. Lady Dedlock's body is found by Esther and Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) In the cemetery.
(b) In Tom's All-alone.
(c) In Chancery Lane.
(d) In Snagsby's house.
9. Richard's money continues to flow to ___________.
10. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock.
(b) Ms. Barbary.
(d) Mademoiselle Hortense.
11. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Missing and nowhere to be found.
(b) Finished with the family.
(c) Secretly in love with her.
(d) Shot through the heart.
12. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
(b) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(c) To tell the truth about her life.
(d) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
13. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
(d) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
14. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
(a) Finally sees her scarred face.
(b) Wishes Richard would return.
(c) Misses Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Cares for Caddy Jellyby.
15. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) Without thinking.
(b) To extort money.
(c) As a secret pact.
(d) As a writing sample.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
2. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
3. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
4. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
5. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)