|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Impending illness.
(b) Relationship with Vholes.
(c) Presence at the Chancery.
(d) Wealth and status.
2. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
(a) One daughter.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Twin sons.
(d) Two sons.
3. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(b) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) She had someone better in mind.
(d) Esther made her leave him
4. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
(a) Is terminally ill.
(b) Is jealous of Jarndyce.
(c) Is married to Richard.
(d) Is tired of Richard.
5. Esther's illness has resulted in ___________.
(b) A change to her face.
(c) A new sense of vitality.
(d) Permanent blindness.
6. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) To raise her place in society.
(b) For him to get her a new job.
(c) To be married to him.
(d) For him to pay her more money.
7. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Ms. Barbary.
(d) Mademoiselle Hortense.
8. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(a) Lady Dedlock.
9. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
10. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(b) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
11. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A fit of laughing.
(c) A stroke.
12. Since Richard's death, Ada ___________.
(a) Is seeing Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Is under Esther's care.
(c) Is having several more children.
(d) Has taken to staying in bed.
13. Tulkinghorn advise Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) To tell the truth about her life.
(b) To ask for Esther's forgiveness.
(c) To gather her jewels for safekeeping.
(d) Not to leave Chesney Wold.
14. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
(a) She has been wronged by everyone.
(b) She knows the real murderer.
(c) She is the murderer.
(d) Mr. Snagsby is having an affair.
15. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(b) Decides that George is a friend.
(c) Surprises George by arresting him.
(d) Learns to play the fife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
2. When Smallweed takes over Krook's property, he finds ___________.
3. George is thought to have ___________.
4. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
5. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)