|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His son.
2. George's mother turns out to be ___________.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Mrs. Rouncewell.
3. Sir Leicester is overwhelmed and suffers from ___________.
(a) A stroke.
(c) A fit of laughing.
(d) A broken leg.
4. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) To extort money.
(b) Without thinking.
(c) As a writing sample.
(d) As a secret pact.
5. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) His own political views.
(b) The ruination of England.
(c) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(d) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
7. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) Richard has inherited everything.
(b) Miss Flite has inherited it all.
(c) The entire estate has been left to Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) The entire estate is swallowed up in costs.
8. Miss Flite makes Richard her executor because of his ___________.
(a) Wealth and status.
(b) Relationship with Vholes.
(c) Impending illness.
(d) Presence at the Chancery.
9. George is thought to have ___________.
(a) Betrayed young Jo.
(b) Robbed the Bagnets.
(c) Betrayed Sir Leicester.
(d) Murdered Mr. Tulkinghorn.
10. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(a) Mrs. Snagsby.
(d) Mrs. Bucket.
11. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) For him to pay her more money.
(b) To be married to him.
(c) For him to get her a new job.
(d) To raise her place in society.
12. Esther is afraid that Miss Barbary rejected Boythorn because ___________.
(a) Esther made her leave him
(b) She had someone better in mind.
(c) She needed to raise Esther for her sister.
(d) She was in love with Mr. Jarndyce.
13. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richards new inheritance.
(b) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(c) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(d) Ada's offer to Richard.
14. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(b) Agree never to see one another again.
(c) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(d) Be good to their mothers.
15. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
(a) She is Esther's mother.
(b) She is Charley's mother.
(c) She is Jo's mother.
(d) Tulkinghorn is related to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Life at Chesney Wold has become ___________.
2. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
3. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
4. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
5. Mrs. Snagsby continues to insist that ___________.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)