|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Jandyce, in his wisdom, knows that Esther will be happiest ___________.
(a) Marrying him.
(b) Near her family.
(c) With Woodcourt.
(d) Staying single.
2. After many years, George meets with ___________.
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His nephew.
3. George explains that he gave Hawdon's letter to Tulkinghorn ___________.
(a) Without thinking.
(b) As a writing sample.
(c) As a secret pact.
(d) To extort money.
4. Mr. Bucket, on a search to find Lady Dedlock, is accompanied by ___________.
(b) Mrs. Snagsby.
(c) Mrs. Bucket.
5. Bucket may figures out that Tulkinghorn's murderer is ___________.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
6. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) The ruination of England.
(b) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(c) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(d) His own political views.
7. Tulkinghorn, who vows to reveal Lady Dedlock's secret, is ___________.
(a) Shot through the heart.
(b) Finished with the family.
(c) Secretly in love with her.
(d) Missing and nowhere to be found.
8. Richard is again obsessed with ___________.
(a) The Jarnyce lawsuit.
9. Sir Leicester makes it clear that ___________.
(a) He will never get over his wife's betrayal.
(b) He hopes Lady Dedlock stays away.
(c) He wishes Mrs. Rouncwell were his wife.
(d) He has totally forgiven Lady Dedlock.
10. Lady Dedlock finally reveals to Esther that ___________.
(a) She is Jo's mother.
(b) She is Charley's mother.
(c) Tulkinghorn is related to her.
(d) She is Esther's mother.
11. After a friendly dinner at the Bagnets', Mr. Bucket ___________.
(a) Learns to play the fife.
(b) Breaks the bad news about Jo.
(c) Surprises George by arresting him.
(d) Decides that George is a friend.
12. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Be good to their mothers.
(b) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(c) Will withdraw from the legal action.
(d) Agree never to see one another again.
13. Mr. Vholes wants to let Mr. Jarndyce know about ___________.
(a) Richard's dismal financial situation.
(b) Ada's offer to Richard.
(c) Richard's decision to stop pursing the lawsuit.
(d) Richards new inheritance.
14. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(b) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
15. Mrs. Snagsby is jealous of her husband's contact with ___________.
(a) Mademoiselle Hortense.
(c) Lady Dedlock.
(d) Ms. Barbary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ada gives birth to a baby boy, while Esther has ___________.
2. The outcome of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce is ___________.
3. Staying at Boythorn's country house, Esther ___________.
4. The childish Mr. Skimpole was paid five pounds ___________.
5. Esther and Mr. Guppy agree that his earlier marriage proposal ___________.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)