|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(c) A business partnership.
(d) A loan of money.
2. Boythorn has property issues with ___________.
(a) Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Lady Dedlock.
(c) Sir Leicester.
(d) Rouncewell's grandson.
3. Regarding his career, Richard seems ___________.
4. Nemo is ___________.
(a) A homeless person.
(c) An employee of Snagsby's.
(d) An old lawyer.
5. Richard has now decided to pursue ___________.
(a) A voyage abroad.
(b) A wife and marriage.
(c) A career as a surgeon.
(d) A career in dentistry.
6. Tom Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The original litigant in Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.
(b) The victim of murder.
(c) The subject of a class action suit.
(d) The grandson of a famous lawyer.
7. Tulkinghorn wants to find out ___________.
(a) Who copied Lady Dedlock's affidavit.
(b) Where the original will is located.
(c) Where Lady Dedlock keeps her papers.
(d) Where Snagsby has stored the affidavit.
8. Richard moves into a new apartment near ___________.
(a) Queen Square.
(c) Mr. Kenge's.
(d) Bleak House.
9. The reader recognizes that Jo's visitor was actually ___________.
(a) Caddy Jellyby.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
10. Mr. Bucket comes in disguise to arrest ___________.
(a) Miss Flite.
(b) Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Mr. Gridley.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
11. Guppy reveals that Nemo's last name, and perhaps Esther's, may be ___________.
12. Mr.Chadaband delivers a lecture to Jo regarding ___________.
13. What des Mrs. Snagsby suspect about Jo?
(a) That Jo and her husband are partners in crime.
(b) That Jo is a snitch.
(c) That he is Mr. Snagsby's son.
(d) That he is working undercover.
14. The woman who visited Jo was wearing ___________.
(a) The clothing of a servant.
(b) The garment of a barrister.
(c) Rags and no stockings.
(d) The robes of a duchess.
15. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
(a) An unfair termination.
(b) A corporate takeover.
(c) A defamation of character suit.
(d) The distribution of a large inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Jarndyce is the ___________.
2. It would be accurate to say that Mrs. Jellyby is ___________.
3. Hortense has come to Esther asking her to ___________.
4. Tom-all-alone's is a place where ___________.
5. Jo's money was given to him by a female servant who ___________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)