|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Misinterpreted by Guppy, Tulkinghorn states that he feels Gidley is ___________.
2. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(a) A business partnership.
(c) A loan of money.
3. The marriage between young Rouncewell and Rosa is nixed because ___________.
(a) They need to find better careers.
(b) They are from unequal social classes.
(c) They are too uneducated.
(d) Rosa is too wild.
4. It becomes obvious to Jo that Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Is a philanthropist.
(b) Is a mean person.
(c) Is no servant.
(d) Is up to no good.
5. The Dedlocks entertain and support several ___________.
(a) Disabled people.
(b) Homeless people.
(c) Poor cousins.
6. Mr. Skimpole is ___________.
(a) Miss Flite's landlord.
(b) A friend of Mr. Jarndyce.
(c) Uncle to Miss Jellyby.
(d) Esther's father.
7. Esther Summerson is raised by ___________.
(a) Her aunt, Miss Donny.
(b) Her aunt, Mrs. Kenge.
(c) Her godmother, Mrs. Barbary.
(d) Her godmother.
8. Mr. Snagsby, by trade, is ___________.
(a) A law clerk in the Chancer.
(b) A deli shop owner.
(c) A clothing merchant.
(d) A law stationer.
9. John Jarndyce explains to Esther that ___________.
(a) She had been adopted by her aunt.
(b) She was an orphan he found.
(c) Her mother was also her aunt.
(d) Her aunt had raised her in secrecy.
10. Miss Flite's primary interest is in ___________.
(a) Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
11. Richard expects that ___________.
(a) He will find his fortune overseas.
(b) He will obtain a large settlement.
(c) He will open hs own business.
(d) He will build his own ship.
12. Tulkinghorn wants to find out ___________.
(a) Who copied Lady Dedlock's affidavit.
(b) Where Lady Dedlock keeps her papers.
(c) Where Snagsby has stored the affidavit.
(d) Where the original will is located.
13. Mr. Jarndyce's small room off his bedroom is called ___________.
(a) The growlery.
(b) The meditation corner.
(c) The study.
(d) The washroom.
14. Prince Turveydrop's profession is that of ___________.
(a) A history teacher.
(b) A solicitor.
(c) A dance teacher.
(d) A knight.
15. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
(a) A corporate takeover.
(b) A defamation of character suit.
(c) The distribution of a large inheritance.
(d) An unfair termination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young Jo is being held by police because ___________.
2. What is notable about the children at Tom's All-alone?
3. Morbury Dedlock's wife will haunt the Dedlock house ___________.
4. The woman who visited Jo was wearing ___________.
5. Finding Nemo dead, Krook proceeds to ___________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)