|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Rouncewell is ___________.
(a) A mother of daughters.
(b) Mr. Skimpole's housekeeper.
(c) Mr. Dedlock's housekeeper.
(d) A guest of Tony Jobling.
2. Mr. George has visited Grandfather Smallweed regarding ___________.
(a) His friend's untimely death.
(b) Smallweed's reading habits.
(c) His difficulty in paying the principal on a debt.
(d) His desire to close down his business.
3. Mr.Chadaband delivers a lecture to Jo regarding ___________.
4. Tom Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The grandson of a famous lawyer.
(b) The subject of a class action suit.
(c) The original litigant in Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.
(d) The victim of murder.
5. Guppy reveals that Nemo's last name, and perhaps Esther's, may be ___________.
6. Young Jo is being held by police because ___________.
(a) He has refused to leave the area.
(b) He is penniless.
(c) He is sarcastic to the police.
(d) He is without clothing.
7. Tom-all-alone's is a place where ___________.
(a) Jo resides.
(b) Jo has raised a family.
(c) Leicester resides.
(d) Lady Dedlock takes tea.
8. Esther Summerson is raised by ___________.
(a) Her godmother.
(b) Her aunt, Mrs. Kenge.
(c) Her godmother, Mrs. Barbary.
(d) Her aunt, Miss Donny.
9. Although Mr. George has a sample of handwriting sought by Smallweed, ___________.
(a) He stashes it in the bushes.
(b) He give it to his wife.
(c) He hides it in his vest.
(d) He locks it in a safe.
10. The Smallweed home holds ___________.
(a) A boisterous bunch of children.
(b) Loud parties and dinners.
(c) No humor whatsoever.
11. Nemo's death is caused by ___________.
(a) Dilaudid overdose.
(b) Suicide by hanging.
(c) Opium overdose.
12. Richard decides to be a lawyer because ___________.
(a) He is truly talented in the law.
(b) He wants to extort money from Kenge.
(c) It's the only thing he knows.
(d) He wants to get involved in Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
13. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(b) A business partnership.
(c) A loan of money.
14. Mr. Snagsby, by trade, is ___________.
(a) A deli shop owner.
(b) A law clerk in the Chancer.
(c) A law stationer.
(d) A clothing merchant.
15. Mr. Jarndyce is the ___________.
(a) Brother of Tom Jarndyce.
(b) Father to Tom Jarndyce.
(c) Grandson of Tom Jarndyce.
(d) Grandnephew of Tom Jarndyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Bucket comes in disguise to arrest ___________.
2. It would be accurate to say that Mrs. Jellyby is ___________.
3. Mr. Guppy suggests to Lady Dedlock that ___________.
4. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
5. Mrs. Jellyby's response to Caddy's wedding announcement is one of ___________.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)