|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finding Nemo dead, Krook proceeds to ___________.
(a) Steal all of Nemo's food supplies.
(b) Steal Nemo's paperwork.
(c) Find another renter.
(d) Cancel Nemo's lease.
2. Richard moves into a new apartment near ___________.
(a) Queen Square.
(b) Bleak House.
(c) Mr. Kenge's.
3. Why does George visit Mr. and Mrs. Bagnet?
(a) To discuss the finer points of music.
(b) For advice on whether to turn over Hawdon's writing sample.
(c) To ask for a place to stay for a while.
(d) To let them in on the secret Tulkinghorn is hiding.
4. Richard decides to be a lawyer because ___________.
(a) He wants to extort money from Kenge.
(b) He wants to get involved in Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
(c) It's the only thing he knows.
(d) He is truly talented in the law.
5. Mr. Jarndyce is the ___________.
(a) Brother of Tom Jarndyce.
(b) Father to Tom Jarndyce.
(c) Grandnephew of Tom Jarndyce.
(d) Grandson of Tom Jarndyce.
6. Mrs. Snagsby, as well as the reader, is unclear at this time about ___________.
(a) Richard's stability.
(b) Mrs. Dedlock's integrity.
(c) The real identity of the servant woman.
(d) The real identity of Nemo.
7. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
(a) Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Conversation Kenge.
(c) Miss Flite.
(d) Richard Carstone.
8. What is Mr. Turveydrop's response to his son's impending wedding ___________.
(a) He is enraged and will annul the marriage.
(b) He is please to welcome Caddy into the family.
(c) He wishes they would take their time.
(d) He plans to live with the couple and be supported.
9. Mr. Bucket comes in disguise to arrest ___________.
(a) Miss Flite.
(b) Mr. Gridley.
(c) Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Mrs. Snagsby.
10. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(a) A loan of money.
(c) A business partnership.
11. The Smallweed home holds ___________.
(a) A boisterous bunch of children.
(c) No humor whatsoever.
(d) Loud parties and dinners.
12. John Jarndyce explains to Esther that ___________.
(a) She had been adopted by her aunt.
(b) Her aunt had raised her in secrecy.
(c) Her mother was also her aunt.
(d) She was an orphan he found.
13. Prince Turveydrop's profession is that of ___________.
(a) A dance teacher.
(b) A knight.
(c) A solicitor.
(d) A history teacher.
14. Tulkinghorn informs Lady Dedlock that ___________.
(a) She should have stayed in Paris.
(b) The writer of the affidavit is dead.
(c) Hortense is a lesser maid.
(d) Nemo was a good man.
15. The marriage between young Rouncewell and Rosa is nixed because ___________.
(a) They are too uneducated.
(b) They need to find better careers.
(c) They are from unequal social classes.
(d) Rosa is too wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morbury Dedlock's wife will haunt the Dedlock house ___________.
2. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
3. Lady Dedlock has assumed for years that her daughter had ___________.
4. Wy does Guppy want to get Esther tied into the Jarndyce case?
5. Tom-all-alone's is a place where ___________.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)