|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reader recognizes that Jo's visitor was actually ___________.
(a) Caddy Jellyby.
(d) Lady Dedlock.
2. Richard feels certain that he will ultimately make his fortune ___________.
(a) From his career as a doctor.
(b) Winning in poker.
(c) Dealing opium.
(d) From the lawsuit.
3. Richard decides to be a lawyer because ___________.
(a) It's the only thing he knows.
(b) He is truly talented in the law.
(c) He wants to extort money from Kenge.
(d) He wants to get involved in Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
4. Discouraged by the law, Richard decides to ___________.
(a) Join the military.
(c) Become an artist.
(d) Live in quiet desperation.
5. Seeing Lady Dedlock has the effect of ___________.
(a) Escalating Esther's sense of humor.
(b) Raising Esther's spirits.
(c) Making Esther want to bow down.
(d) Agitating Esther.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Jellyby's response to Caddy's wedding announcement is one of ___________.
2. Esther feels Richard is far too ___________.
3. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
4. Mrs. Rouncewell is ___________.
5. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)