|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Jarndyce explains to Esther that ___________.
(a) Her mother was also her aunt.
(b) She had been adopted by her aunt.
(c) She was an orphan he found.
(d) Her aunt had raised her in secrecy.
2. Esther's attitude toward Jarndyce is one of ___________.
3. In Lady Dedlock's letter to Sir Leicester, she ___________.
(a) Exposes Tulkinghorn's seedy past
(b) Informs him that Bucket is out to get her
(c) Tells him she is innocent of all accusations.
(d) Admits guilt for the offenses other than murder.
4. Esther happily receives a proposal of marriage from ___________.
(a) Mr. Jarndyce.
(b) Mr. Skimpole.
(c) Sir Leicester.
(d) Mr. Woodcourt.
5. Mrs. Jellyby's favorite cause is ___________.
(a) Hunger in England.
(b) Poverty in Africa.
(c) Hunger in Europe.
(d) Poverty in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
2. It would be accurate to say that Mrs. Jellyby is ___________.
3. A lawsuit involving Mr. Boythorn concerns ___________.
4. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
5. It becomes obvious to Jo that Lady Dedlock ___________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)