|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing Lady Dedlock has the effect of ___________.
(a) Making Esther want to bow down.
(b) Raising Esther's spirits.
(c) Agitating Esther.
(d) Escalating Esther's sense of humor.
2. Tulkinghorn tells a story that reveals ___________.
(a) His own political views.
(b) Mr. Guppy's whereabouts.
(c) Lady Dedlock's secret.
(d) The ruination of England.
3. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
(a) An unfair termination.
(b) A corporate takeover.
(c) A defamation of character suit.
(d) The distribution of a large inheritance.
4. Miss Flite's primary interest is in ___________.
(d) Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
5. Richard moves into a new apartment near ___________.
(a) Bleak House.
(b) Mr. Kenge's.
(c) Queen Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Skimpole's landlord has taken away Skimpole's ___________.
2. Esther is to become a governess to ___________.
3. We learn that Jo was removed from Esther's care by ___________.
4. Mr. Bucket comes in disguise to arrest ___________.
5. A lawsuit involving Mr. Boythorn concerns ___________.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)