|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43- 47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jarndyce and Jarndyce is the ___________.
(a) A story that is passed down through the generations.
(b) Longest running lawsuit in the Chancery.
(c) A boring and tedious set of treaties.
(d) A huge book with questionable copyrights.
2. The woman who visited Jo was wearing ___________.
(a) The garment of a barrister.
(b) The robes of a duchess.
(c) Rags and no stockings.
(d) The clothing of a servant.
3. Richard decides to be a lawyer because ___________.
(a) He wants to extort money from Kenge.
(b) It's the only thing he knows.
(c) He wants to get involved in Jarndyce & Jarndyce.
(d) He is truly talented in the law.
4. The debts of Bagnet and George will be forgiven if they ___________.
(a) Turn over the mysterious papers to Tulkinghorn.
(b) Be good to their mothers.
(c) Agree never to see one another again.
(d) Will withdraw from the legal action.
5. What Hortense wants from Mr. Tulkinghorn is ___________.
(a) For him to pay her more money.
(b) To be married to him.
(c) To raise her place in society.
(d) For him to get her a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Turveydrop's response to his son's impending wedding ___________.
2. Caddy Jellyby seeks Esther's help with ___________.
3. What is notable about the children at Tom's All-alone?
4. Mr. Snagsby, by trade, is ___________.
5. Morbury Dedlock's wife will haunt the Dedlock house ___________.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)