|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tulkinghorn informs Lady Dedlock that ___________.
(a) Hortense is a lesser maid.
(b) The writer of the affidavit is dead.
(c) She should have stayed in Paris.
(d) Nemo was a good man.
2. Esther is to become a governess to ___________.
(a) Miss Flite.
3. Lady Dedlock faints when she ___________.
(a) Sees the extent of the lawsuit.
(b) Recognizes the handwriting on an affidavit.
(c) Learns the status of Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
(d) Becomes overwhelmed by the smog.
4. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
(a) An unfair termination.
(b) The distribution of a large inheritance.
(c) A defamation of character suit.
(d) A corporate takeover.
5. It becomes obvious to Jo that Lady Dedlock ___________.
(a) Is a philanthropist.
(b) Is up to no good.
(c) Is a mean person.
(d) Is no servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has become of the inheritance which is the issue of the Jarndyce lawsuit?
2. Esther feels Richard is far too ___________.
3. Mr. Jarndyce is the ___________.
4. What is the Man From Shrophsire's basic problem?
5. Tom-all-alone's is a place where ___________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)