|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A developing theme implies that ___________.
(a) Justice reigns supreme.
(b) Love is all we need.
(c) The human condition is healthy and thriving.
(d) People cannot see the forest for the trees.
2. Morbury Dedlock's wife will haunt the Dedlock house ___________.
(a) Until Watt and Rosa marry.
(b) Until the Dedlock family leaves the house.
(c) Until Mrs. Rouncewell's sons return.
(d) Until the family becomes humble.
3. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(a) A business partnership.
(b) A loan of money.
4. Tom Jarndyce is ___________.
(a) The victim of murder.
(b) The grandson of a famous lawyer.
(c) The subject of a class action suit.
(d) The original litigant in Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.
5. Tulkinghorn wants to find out ___________.
(a) Where Lady Dedlock keeps her papers.
(b) Who copied Lady Dedlock's affidavit.
(c) Where the original will is located.
(d) Where Snagsby has stored the affidavit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Esther Summerson is raised by ___________.
2. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
3. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
4. What has become of the inheritance which is the issue of the Jarndyce lawsuit?
5. It would be accurate to say that Mrs. Jellyby is ___________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)