|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jarndyce and Jarndyce is the ___________.
(a) A boring and tedious set of treaties.
(b) A story that is passed down through the generations.
(c) Longest running lawsuit in the Chancery.
(d) A huge book with questionable copyrights.
2. Mr. Boythorn comes to Esther proposing ___________.
(a) A business partnership.
(b) A loan of money.
3. Esther Summerson is raised by ___________.
(a) Her aunt, Miss Donny.
(b) Her godmother, Mrs. Barbary.
(c) Her godmother.
(d) Her aunt, Mrs. Kenge.
4. Why is Jo's evidence deemed to be inadmissable?
(a) He is an opium addict.
(b) His ignorance and ucertainty make him unreliable.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) His known dishonesty makes him unreliable.
5. Skimpole has a proclivity for ___________.
(a) Living simply and honestly.
(b) Extorting money by gaining sympathy.
(c) Earning large amounts of money.
(d) Behaving with integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Snagsby, by trade, is ___________.
2. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
3. Mr. Skimpole is ___________.
4. A lawsuit involving Mr. Boythorn concerns ___________.
5. Esther is to become a governess to ___________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)