|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Rouncewell is ___________.
(a) Mr. Skimpole's housekeeper.
(b) A guest of Tony Jobling.
(c) Mr. Dedlock's housekeeper.
(d) A mother of daughters.
2. Lady Dedlock faints when she ___________.
(a) Learns the status of Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
(b) Sees the extent of the lawsuit.
(c) Becomes overwhelmed by the smog.
(d) Recognizes the handwriting on an affidavit.
3. Why is Jo's evidence deemed to be inadmissable?
(a) He is an opium addict.
(b) He is homeless.
(c) His known dishonesty makes him unreliable.
(d) His ignorance and ucertainty make him unreliable.
4. Jarndyce and Jarndyce is the ___________.
(a) A huge book with questionable copyrights.
(b) Longest running lawsuit in the Chancery.
(c) A story that is passed down through the generations.
(d) A boring and tedious set of treaties.
5. The city of London seems wrapped in a blanket of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tulkinghorn informs Lady Dedlock that ___________.
2. Skimpole has a proclivity for ___________.
3. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
4. Mr. Snagsby, by trade, is ___________.
5. The subject of Jarndyce and Jarndyce involves ___________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)