|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Skimpole is about to be arrested for ___________.
(a) Unlawful merchanting.
(b) Non-payment of a debt.
(c) An expired visa.
(d) Conspiring with Jarndyce.
2. Esther feels Richard is far too ___________.
3. Esther is under the financial care of ___________.
(a) Richard Carstone.
(b) Conversation Kenge.
(c) Mr. Jarndyce.
(d) Miss Flite.
4. Young Jo was ___________.
(a) An apprentice to Nemo.
(b) In the room when Nemo died.
(c) Employed by Krook.
(d) The last to talk to Nemo.
5. Lady Dedlock faints when she ___________.
(a) Learns the status of Jarndyce and Jarndyce.
(b) Becomes overwhelmed by the smog.
(c) Recognizes the handwriting on an affidavit.
(d) Sees the extent of the lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Jarndyce unable to end the lawsuit?
2. Mrs. Pardigle is focused on ___________.
3. The High Chancellor Mr. Tulkinghorn, serves as ___________.
4. Why is Jo's evidence deemed to be inadmissable?
5. Tom Jarndyce is ___________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)