|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old Mr. Turveydrop is completely focused on ___________.
(a) His speech.
(b) London's good taste.
(c) His deportment.
(d) His son's profession.
2. Lady Dedlock has assumed for years that her daughter had ___________.
(a) Died at birth.
(b) Married well.
(c) Been adopted.
(d) Moved to America.
3. Richard feels certain that he will ultimately make his fortune ___________.
(a) From the lawsuit.
(b) Dealing opium.
(c) Winning in poker.
(d) From his career as a doctor.
4. Mr. Guppy suggests to Lady Dedlock that ___________.
(a) There is a resemblance between her and Esther.
(b) He suspects there is a family mixup.
(c) He thinks she is Esther's grandmother.
(d) Perhaps she is Esther's twin sister.
5. Sir Leicester takes enormous pride in ___________.
(a) His business dealings.
(b) His current wife.
(c) His family.
(d) His lovely paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding his career, Richard seems ___________.
2. Sadly, Esther learns that Ada ___________.
3. Prince Turveydrop's profession is that of ___________.
4. What is the Man From Shrophsire's basic problem?
5. Wy does Guppy want to get Esther tied into the Jarndyce case?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)