|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 48-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wy does Guppy want to get Esther tied into the Jarndyce case?
(a) So she will share her wealth with him.
(b) So she will accept his marriage proposal.
(c) So that she and Mr. Jarndyce can marry.
(d) So that she can finally claim her true mother.
2. The old Mr. Turveydrop is completely focused on ___________.
(a) London's good taste.
(b) His deportment.
(c) His son's profession.
(d) His speech.
3. Mr. Guppy suggests to Lady Dedlock that ___________.
(a) He thinks she is Esther's grandmother.
(b) Perhaps she is Esther's twin sister.
(c) There is a resemblance between her and Esther.
(d) He suspects there is a family mixup.
4. Richard has now decided to pursue ___________.
(a) A wife and marriage.
(b) A career in dentistry.
(c) A voyage abroad.
(d) A career as a surgeon.
5. Guppy reveals that Nemo's last name, and perhaps Esther's, may be ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Dedlock has assumed for years that her daughter had ___________.
2. Young Ada tells Esther she wants to marry ___________.
3. Esther is now being relentlessly pursued by ___________.
4. It becomes obvious to Jo that Lady Dedlock ___________.
5. Caddy Jellyby seeks Esther's help with ___________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)